It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canneto, Italy - An Unsolved Mystery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I came across this article and I thought it would be fun for ATS members to read and speculate. I know I will keep an eye open for any future information that might solve this mystery.

Canneto is a characteristic location in the north coast of Sicily, between Palermo and Messina, where the blue of the sea, the sun and the countryside have shaped over the centuries the rhythms of life and mentality than elsewhere today tend to disappear.
But suddenly in this sleepy habitat strange things start to happen. Hundreds of small fires without apparent cause and in unexpected places, from the water pipeline to an abandoned chair, from a moving car to spontaneous activation of central locking of parked cars, cell phones ringing without any calls , batteries which run down all of a sudden. A navigation system went up in smoke, electrical and electronic equipment “become crazy”, and a deviation of the magnetic north of the compass .
Within a short time, the first news of these strange occurrences reach throughout Europe and the United States.

Source

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
sounds like a goverment wepons test to me.
thire was a ATS post about a place in wales?
long time ago.
that got hit by some kind of enegy, ball litning?
some think it was a eraly harp test.

the best way to test a wepons is to hit your own people.
so you can have a good look at what happens.

like the first A-bomb tests.
they had the US solders stand and walk to the readation !

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm taking the assumption that this story is true. Could have been a weapons test, but from who or what? Perhaps it still could have been a natural occurrence seeing as it was so random. The thing that grabbed my attention is that it only burned the root of a specific plant. I wonder why that was? I swear I was reading an episode of "Fringe" with this one.

-The Ghoster

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

You might be right. The article closes with some other, similar unsolved incidents. I don't know if they are related, but I think it's an entertaining read none the less.

The facts of Caronia are not an isolated phenomenon and circumscribed. They have also occurred in other places, far from each other, and have produced the same uncertainties and the same issues.
April 1996, Spain. A series of strange fires took place in a farmstead near Sillobre. The small, random fires became an understandable source of concern to the owners, who asked officials for advice and assistance. Officialdom limited itself to recommending “a thorough cleaning of the septic tank” on the chance that an accumulation of gases could be the source of the small blazes. But despite the sanitizing effort, the phenomenon returned yet again to trouble authorities of the Xunta de Galicia, who steadfastly maintained that the problem stemmed from nothing more than a gas pocket and was “a phenomenon which lacks any scientific explanation at the moment.
December 2007, USA. In a wide area around New York City Empire State Building happens suddenly the engines of the cars stop for no reason, the doors are locked and the phones stop working. You think of some electromagnetic interference, but despite investigations by the competent authorities, the phenomenon is not explained. Similar phenomena continue to occur periodically in the same area, so that the area is nicknamed “The Bermuda Triangle”.
January 2008, France. In Brest, in Brittany, suddenly occurs blocking the doors and engine hundreds of cars. It affects only a specific section of the waterfront, leaving free the streets and houses located outside this area. It is assumed that an electromagnetic interference, but despite investigations, the phenomenon cannot be explained.
March 2008, Italy. In Spoleto there are cases of spontaneous fires in some houses.
The phenomenon occurs for a few days and then stops spontaneously.
July 2008, Italy. In a fraction of Florence, in two houses fires occur suddenly with spontaneous combustion of furniture, clothes and other items. Fires continue for a few days and then stop

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Story is way true - but - hard to get to the bottom of the disturbances.

When ATS came out with their 'News Reporter' status I was in hopes to take a jog down and get some info - but - the 'reporter status' has been cancelled.

Anyway - someday I'm going to go down and check this out - but not without something behind me. This town has been plagued by nosey tourists and I’ll not be one of them.

Oh yeah, and...

UFOs and the Mystery of Canneto di Caronia

Aliens may have caused mysterious fires in Italy,

'Demonic' fires engulfing Village! - residents demand exorcism

Italian government says aliens responsible for fire!!,

peace

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
That's freaky and just curious but what the hell with NY I never heard about that one and it was literally my backyard???

Well Now I live in Florida (and was there in 2007) But I should have heard of this NY thing from the folks up in NJ unless they kept a media blackout but then how did the story get to Italy and the media there?

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner

I does sound like some sort of government pulse test. Would not be a shock at all if that is what it turns out to be.

new topics

top topics

join