It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really so asleep???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Our leaders lie to us on a regular basis and we accept it as normal political action. Republican/Democrat/left/right, we justify their misleading us as an acceptable rule of governance. What we forget is that THEY are PUBLIC SERVANTS and WE are th SOVERIGN CITIZENS!
They are beholden to us, constitutionally........
I believe that if public servants lie to 'We the People' on any level they should be removed from office with force immediately and treason charges made where applicable.
Government is a map. If we are unhappy with the map we have an obligation constitutionally to change it to better suit our needs. The government will get away with as much as you let them, and ours has been trampling over the rights of the citizens for a hundren years. Except for some resistance in the 60's those in authority are keenly aware that they can rule by fraud, misinformation, scandal, polls, a controlled media and propaganda.

I once heard that if voting could truly change the system it would be against the law, and if not-voting could truly change the system it would also be against the law....

Are we really so asleep????

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
Our leaders lie to us on a regular basis and we accept it as normal political action. Republican/Democrat/left/right, we justify their misleading us as an acceptable rule of governance. What we forget is that THEY are PUBLIC SERVANTS and WE are th SOVERIGN CITIZENS!
They are beholden to us, constitutionally........
I believe that if public servants lie to 'We the People' on any level they should be removed from office with force immediately and treason charges made where applicable.
Government is a map. If we are unhappy with the map we have an obligation constitutionally to change it to better suit our needs. The government will get away with as much as you let them, and ours has been trampling over the rights of the citizens for a hundren years. Except for some resistance in the 60's those in authority are keenly aware that they can rule by fraud, misinformation, scandal, polls, a controlled media and propaganda.

I once heard that if voting could truly change the system it would be against the law, and if not-voting could truly change the system it would also be against the law....

Are we really so asleep????

You're totally correct, they shouldn't be able to lie to everyone. This rule should also apply with the media as well as businesses and corporations on all levels for we are not only the citizens, we are also the consumers. I would love to see all that scum be punished.

I agree with you, the whole government needs an overhaul.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
We are lost children trying to find our lost Government father.

What most people don't understand is that anything we do now is considered treason. NO ONE CAN go against government wihtout it looking like an act of Terrorism. We are slowly puttin our head under a guilitine and impatiently waiting for the execution.

It's not that we are asleep, its that the luxuries in life are blinding us slowly but surely until we see what they want us to see. When the time comes we will once again open our eyes and the world we thought we knew will be the world they made up for us.

[Edited on 5/7/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Welp, until there is a 3RD PARTY to reform the current way politics is ran, it's going to remains a "pick the lesser of two evils" type deal. i just look at it like this, it could be worse... a whole lot worse. we could be living in north korea or under a similar dictatorship somewhere.

Sad, but true.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
amounts to basically "squat", and electoral votes actually elect a president (which aren't required to follow the popular vote), is this really so surprising? Problem is, it's difficult to get someone to rebel, when they're living a comfortable life, now isn't it?

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I agree that its hard to get people to revolt when they live a luxurious life... Im convinced that the only way Americans will revolt is when they can't get their money out of a ATM machine, or turn on the faucet and get running water. Thomas Jefferson said there should be a revolution every twenty years. That would have been a solid generation of men in his time. I interpret this to mean that every generation must fight for its independence.
I have a hard time that we are submitting to so weak a leader as bush jr....

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Yea, I don't really think theirs anything that we can do now, but there is a way to beat them at their own game, we just have to find it.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Given what has been observed in respect to the Stalinist regime known as the Bast party under Saddam Hussein.

As well as the Stalinist regime run by the Bosnian's, perhaps it would be more appropriate to take into consideration. That in the 60's many believed the
Soviet Union when they said that Stalinist regimes no longer existed upon the earth?

That this clearly was a lie does alter the reality as well as the conditions of such future efforts.

[Edited on 9-5-2003 by Toltec]

top topics

join