It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creeping Horror

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

If they do, then it's a potential warning sign that your ISP is trying to inject ads of their own...

I say that because you're seeing one more ad than we put on the page in that screenshot.

My hair is standing on end.

I use Google Images frequently and there was expando-ad happening there yesterday too.

OK,

I am so sorry. I know in my gut this has to be it then. Thank you for this little bit it's very helpful. I can't believe it.

So it is likely my ISP and the vector is Java.

Thanks for that. Lesson learned.

You mean the one that drops down over the text, right? If it comes back I will snag it and U2U you to let you know.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
You know I just realized...

According to our stats, 0.4% of all visitors coming to ATS are using Linux-variant operating systems.

...that you said all visitors. I can tell just from hanging around that the percentage is going to be higher for members. I would say a little better than the standard Linux numbers of roughly 11%, say 15% of members.

I'm haggling.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just checking in,

This OS and its browsers have just about reached the same levels of stankiness that it was at just when I started having issues; bad java, been running around with only malwarebytes, that sort of thing. Still nuthin'. All quiet on the western front.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join