It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff's Dept. Offers Free Firearms Training For Children

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

It says the course requiers a gaurdian......if they are teaching their child/ren proper gun handleing and safety then I would call them responsible wouldn't you? This isn't an after school program.......

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Nope, just wondering about the kind of parenting that teaches a child how to use a gun before they teach them how to use the weapons nature endowed them with. Teaching a child martial arts will encourage far greater personal growth than teaching them that they are going to need a gun as soon as they are old enough to legally own one.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

A lot of assumptions on your part there......

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

This is absolutely beautiful. My dad who was a cop had me around and handling weapons since I was five years old, but he would never, EVER let me fire them until I displayed enough responsibility to take care and recognize safety precautions.

This needs to happen, and of course I can hear the people who are against it screaming about how it endangers children, but would you rather have your kids know what a gun is and how to handle it if it is found out in the open, or would you want them shooting themselves in the gut because they think it's a toy?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join