It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel: What would you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

It doesn't really matter, you are right.

But for the hell of it the area was called Canaan.

And I would go back in time and tell my ass to work harder (=

And that I should listen more to my future girlfriends.

Cause in hindsight, they were all right lol.

Peace

You are correct. It was called Canaan. As for the working harder part, wouldn't be better to simply give yourself a lotto ticket outcome? lol. Then at least you'd be working hard at something you loved while not worrying about it paying the bills.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
You either have a paradox universe, or a multiverse.

Theres also the other, more solid version of time.

You go back in time to kill Hitler.
But of course you cannot, because he exists later on in the timeline, and so your mission is doomed from the outset.
You get arrested before you have a chance, your gun jams, you get lost, you change your mind, you cant find him, you die before you have a chance, etc... history shows that something stopped you from killing Hitler.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

You go back in time to kill Hitler.
But of course you cannot, because he exists later on in the timeline, and so your mission is doomed from the outset.
You get arrested before you have a chance, your gun jams, you get lost, you change your mind, you cant find him, you die before you have a chance, etc... history shows that something stopped you from killing Hitler.

You forgot the possibility of the Daleks appearing during your assassination attempt on Hitler and deciding to exterminate you before you got the opportunity.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

Originally posted by sevensheeps

It doesn't really matter, you are right.

But for the hell of it the area was called Canaan.

And I would go back in time and tell my ass to work harder (=

And that I should listen more to my future girlfriends.

Cause in hindsight, they were all right lol.

Peace

You are correct. It was called Canaan. As for the working harder part, wouldn't be better to simply give yourself a lotto ticket outcome? lol. Then at least you'd be working hard at something you loved while not worrying about it paying the bills.

Haha that would be the easy way in, I would just accept what they said about me being lazy and all. Cause I was, but that was in the past. I'm 30 now, I just have to work a little harder.

Traveling round the world, and partying for a decade is not the way to go (=

Then at least you'd be working hard at something you loved while not worrying about it paying the bills.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'd love to visit ancient Egypt. Maybe see if Nefertiti really did have an alien head?

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Pull out.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

well if you were to go back and change one thing, you might vanish.

cos everything up to now resulted in your birth/life... change something in the past... you might never be born.

and then you will be an enigma

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I've never bought that theory personally, most of us simply are not that important.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
First I would go back and buy the winning ticket to the biggest lotto jackpot there was for the week before it was actually won by someone else.

Then as a public service I would go back and shoot the *^$R$ Murphy before he wrote all those "Murphy's Laws".

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
hi...i'm new here but i will skip the intro....what would i do...hmmm....i would have to say go back a few years and warn my younger self of the upcoming deaths of a few young friends.....money is not everything
and no...i don't have alot of it either...good people are way more important in life

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Instead of traveling backward and changing the past I would travel to the future come back and change the now.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I would not use the time machine to go into the past. Anything done in the past would effect everything literally, heck if you so much as moved one photon into the past it would change everything, that is unless whatever happens has already happened, but that means the impossibility of a paradox is involved.

I do like the idea of going into the future... I would probably go far into the future, and stay there.
edit on 30-1-2013 by Khedwulf because: Forgot to add an "is" to a sentence

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What if timetravel IS POSSIBLE?
But not the way you think.

What if you cant travel in a physical plane?
What if you can travel in time but when you arrive
your kind of "out of phase" unable to interact with
anything exept what you ware and have on you...

I would bring a camera and go to all the exiting
places and times...
Like Big Bang...What really happend
The asteroid that killed of the dinos.
Birth and death of Jesus, who and what was he "really"..
Who killed JFK...
ROSWELL, major one for me, did it happen or was it ballons.....

Imagine having ALL those events on film....
Yea yea i know...99% would call them hoax, but still....

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't know how smart it would be to travel back in time, there are too many things that could get changed that would change the course of mankind.

If you could stay outside of the timeline somehow yet still participate, it would be very shocking to any travelers at how different other time periods were. Knowing the extreme harshness of previous civilizations, I'm positive that most time travelers wouldn't make it back alive.

It would be fascinating to observe past history directly though, to see how people actually lived as opposed to our assumed recreations of their daily life. I would love to see how some of our ancient monuments and creations were built

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

Pretty much what i said in my post above...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'd go back with a list of winning Lotto numbers and then buy some early Microsoft and Apple stock.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Use it to pull hot chicks.....Kinda like Dr WHO !

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Without getting caught up in the how's, but's and why's... a few ideas:

-time travel back to beginning of homo-sapiens to see how we evolved.
-see all the major events... pyramids, christ. buddha, roswell crash, atlantis, etc.
-buy shares in microsoft, google, apple, etc
-go to the future see what it's like

A few twisted ones for you:

-go back to cave man days just to mess with their heads perhaps teach them language and claim to be god
-go back to beginning of man and kill him
-implode the time machine and destroy reality.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i think i might bring Nero a bowl of buffalo wings, just to see the look on his face...

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'd go back to a time much simpler than this, before all the politics. etc... etc...

My wife says she would force me to do things to myself and she claims it's OK because it's still me. BUT I DISAGREE!

I'd probably go back in time and kick one of my old school bullies square in the face even though he was only like 10 at the time. Would feel good though and I wouldn't regret ever doing it =)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join