It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safety is a pipe dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
You are never safe

Death will eventually find you

You are not safe when you get in your car. You are not safe when you sleep in your bed.

You are in more danger driving down the road to the store than you are being surrounded by a neighborhood full of gun owners.

There are tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, landslides, lightning storms, floods, sinkholes, diseases.

There are nuclear warheads, shady police, armies, drones, biological weapons.

There are sharks, bears, lions, etc.

There are psycho's, pedo's, sociopaths, and even normal people that view population control as a must.

Your leaders will not need you when they have the machinery to replace you or take control of your body.

For you believers out there. God does not promise you safety, he instead promises your suffering.

No matter who you are, where your from, how you live... Safety will not be there for you.

Do not be fooled by those trying to control your mind. They cannot and will not offer safety to you unless it in some way profits them.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 12-1-2013 by xszawe because: foolish comment..should of thought a bit longer before responding

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

The point is that safety is an illusion and that tptb are utilizing the fear of the people to further their agenda's.

and no (though it would be nice to be making that type of paycheck)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

Seems obvious to me, the majority of people think they are safe, but forget about the completely erratic nature of.. well nature, and are sucked into believing that they are more important than they really are.

We're .. well think of it this way. As soon as you're born, you start to die.

Inevitably we all will.

If you're unlucky enough to be someone who feels every inch of pain as someone slices you into chunks, or luck enough to go in your sleep... safety is an illusion.

It's only as real as the walls you build around yourself. Mentally, physically or with things that give you even more illusion of safety.

and one day, eventually, this universe will be bereft of any human life. Simply gone. not even a trace.

That is how important and safe we are.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

wow i was feeling really good and happy about things
but after reading your post it depressed the hell out of me
and the sad thing is i agree with all of it

edit on 12-1-2013 by xszawe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

I don't really think what he said is necessarily a negative thing. You're just looking at it the wrong way. All he's really saying is that things come and things go. That's probably one of the most fundamental rules of the Universe. Nothing stays the same and everything changes. Eventually this entire galaxy will either break apart and disappear or collapse into some sort of super black hole or something. According to what we currently know about the expansion of the Universe in a few billions years we wont even be able to see anything beyond our own galaxy because everything else will be moving away from us at a speed faster than light (nothing is actually moving faster than light, really the space between us and other galaxies is expanding). But this expansion makes it impossible for light to reach an object in space once the object is far enough away in space. Weird but true.
edit on 12/1/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Safety is the same as rights insofar as you only have as much as you, yourself, can secure. If you leave it to someone else to secure either, you end up with far, far less.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Safety is the same as rights insofar as you only have as much as you, yourself, can secure. If you leave it to someone else to secure either, you end up with far, far less.

well said

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

Hahaha
but your sudden despair has in fact lifted my mood.

What a kooky old world we live in.

Schadenfreude all around!

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Life is all all about risk management. When you look at everything you do not look to see if it is safe or not, you determine the risk and what the worst it could be. Then you manage it....

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

In a world where media rules with its iron fist of fear, the concept of risk management is foreign. The same as "savings" is foreign in a world where consumerism is the driving force.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I agree with you OP, there is no safety.

But..., I have made my peace with that. And I have decided to not live in fear.

I believe the following, and I quote the author Paulo Coelho from the book "The Alchemist":

"The fear of suffering is worse than suffering."

The book "The Alchemist" at Amazon.com
At Amazon.com

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Safety is simply never an absolute.

For everything a person does there is associated risk. The risk associated with performing a particular activity is a function of the probability of 'harm' being experienced and the magnitude of the harm when it occurs.

Risk can be reduced through additional controls on the activity but there is always a trade-off because the additional controls always have a cost.

Personal freedom reduction / risk reduction
Financial cost increase / risk reduction
Reduced task effectiveness / risk reduction

To further complicate matters humans are very bad at assessing risk in an objective way. The more control an individual has over a process the less risky they perceive it to be. Regardless of reality. Similarly, the longer a person does something without injury the less risky they perceive it to be. Regardless of reality.

There are 2 statements somebody can make on the TV that tells you they are clueless and should be ignored.

They are as follows:

- 'Product X is completely safe'
- 'You cant put a price on a human life'

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The most dangerous place is in your family, violence is within the family, not outside.... You can be harassed or raped by your step-father, brother, or even father… You can be hit by them everyday too… and you will never have the courage to tell the police because you don't want to hurt your family…
Have a look at this blog, you will read that all the people who are portrayed come from dysfunctional families, they had no security in them, they feel safer in one of the most dangerous place in New York.
edit on 13/1/2013 by jeanne75018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
In a world where media rules with its iron fist of fear, the concept of risk management is foreign. The same as "savings" is foreign in a world where consumerism is the driving force.

True, but I do both quite well...

top topics

join