It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribal dwarf race discovered by scientists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hey just found this on CNN, hope it hasn't been posted

www.cnn.com...

One tiny specimen, an adult female measuring about 3 feet tall, is described as "the most extreme" figure to be included in the extended human family. Certainly, she is the shortest.

Flores Man was hardly formidable. His grapefruit-sized brain was about a quarter the size of the brain of our species, Homo sapiens. It is closer in size with the brains of transitional prehuman species in Africa more than 3 million years ago.

"It is arguably the most significant discovery concerning our own genus in my lifetime," said anthropologist Bernard Wood of George Washington University, who reviewed the research independently.

Wow this is amazing news... what does everyone think? This is a truly amazing find, I wonder what else there is to be found? Giants seem a likely candidate to me.

EDIT: Changed a few things, added another quote

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Linux]

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Linux]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Seems like they found the Shire! What would Gandolf say?

Very interesting to say the least...

This hobbit-sized creature appears to have lived as recently as 18,000 years ago on the island of Flores, a kind of tropical Lost World populated by giant lizards and miniature elephants.

Near the skeleton were stone tools and animal remains, including teeth from a young Stegodon, or prehistoric dwarf elephant, as well as fish, birds and rodents. Some of the bones were charred, suggesting they were cooked.

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Excuse me, but they prefer to be called Umpa Lumpas! You guys are sooooo un-PC.

join