It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones The Fear Monger? What does ATS Feel about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Apart from Alex Jones Debate on CNN recently I've always thought of Alex Jones as a good man telling the truth, But does he go to far sometimes? Is he a extreme Fear Monger in some cases? Do you ATS members feel the same way?

If you have an opinion about him let us know.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I like Alex Jones, but I take everything he says with a grain of salt as the majority of the time he WAY over exaggerates. He tells a lot of truth, but stretches the truth to the point that it is near snapping. That combined with his over emotional outbursts tends to make him come off as a nutbag and takes away from his credibility.

I don't think AJ is a bad man, but because of his outbursts and because he is so much in the limelight when he has them he casts a shadow over the CT community in much the same way that Glen Beck did with conservatives- and we see what has happened to HIM; no one takes anything he says seriously anymore and he gave people that don't know any better the impression that all conservatives are crazy. If AJ doesn't get a grip on his emotions he is liable to spiral down the same path.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I used to listen to him and watch some videos but since the Piers Morgan interview I wont be wasting any more of my time.

He blew it as far as im concerned in the TV interview.
Alex could have used his time on air a lot better and could have made Piers to look an idiot.
instead it was the other way around but that's just my own view.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Ribena makes you gay/lesbian and encourages rose gardens. According to Alex Jones anyway. (I suppose Seattle must really like juice boxes ...)

I think Alex Jones puts on an elaborate persona to get attention, and often pretends to be in more danger than actually is. Every five minutes on the show there is some survival product or something that Alex personally uses and personally endorses to save your life. 'I use this soap, this soap is fantastic. I can give you advice, but I don't make soap. Use this soap. I'm Alex Jones'.

I swear there is a button that makes him repeat his website url on command, also.

It's the same as anything though ... If Alex Jones stopped being a crazy space hopper person, who would listen and watch?
edit on 11-1-2013 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Do you ATS members feel the same way? If you have an opinion about him let us know.

Lol ATS members rarely miss a chance to explain their feelings about AJ. I'll do it again here, hopefully for the last time.

AJ is a great starting point. He, in the past I suppose, has brought a lot of information out, his movies and such are packed full of useful information, if you know how to sift through the rest of it. AJ woke me up, and many many others.

But fear mongering is just part of the act. The CNN debate is an example of what I'm about to say, so is the case with AJ selling videos to the media during that stand off, AJ showing up a peaceful rallies and turning them into chaos....

Alex Jones is designed to make all of us look like insane people. His duty is to make people who believe in freedom and truth look like nuts. He is designed to be the face of the "truth" movement, those of us with lingering questions about 911, jfk, okc, other various reaching conspiracies. Those of us concerned with the lack of privacy, the police states being built around us.. All of us HERE.

AJ is designed to discredit US.

Why do you think Morgan let AJ rant and scream like an infant for a full 10 minutes before smiling, and asking him about 911? AJ was let on cnn to make people concerned about gun control look like insane unbalanced bullies. That's why he challenged him to a boxing match.

He is a fear monger, when he has a movie to sell you, or a sponsor product to hawk. The only "prediction" AJ ever made that came true was 911, and he stole that from Bill Cooper. AJ is the figure head of a media empire. He is exactly what he claims to fight against, those who distort the truth.

He is a gatekeeper... But... He's also fun to watch, and I think I'd probably have a great time at a BBQ with the guy. I've just learned over the past several years to distance myself from him, and be weary of most of what he has to say. He has an agenda. Lately it appears that agenda is to discredit us all.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I pretty much stopped using the place a while back.....Just after Infowars inaccurately announced what would have amounted to the opening shots of WWIII and then took no steps to correct or remove the post, issuing instead a fob-off of an excuse that barely amounted to an apology.

I do still check out the sites for links to interesting articles elsewhere, but Alex can keep his opinions to himself as far as I'm concerned.

edit on 11-1-2013 by squarehead666 because: S&P

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

more of a scammer, but I suppose he uses some of the health stories he runs to help push the products hes selling like every time hes running something on flouride he uses it to promote those watr filters, so kind working on fear as well.

top topics

join