It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More work for the Mods, sorry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Luckly ive never had that problem. To me, the system is fine.

I always have a good guess as to why my posts get removed. When they do i always receive a premade message with a generalized discription of the violation.

Like if you say someones an idiot for thinking ginger people deserve to die, thats a violation.

but if you say the belief that ginger people deserve to die is $^&%ing idiotic, thats acceptable.

You need to separate people from their beliefs because it makes idiots feel better about being idiots. Just a tip.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

It's happened to me on a couple of occasions. It took some conversation on the part of the member...true. But ultimately, he convinced not only me, but a couple of other mods, as well.

Yes, it has happened.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
Has there ever been a time where a mod discusses the post with someone and determines they were wrong?

I once posted a link that contained NO sexual content whatsoever but had it deleted multiple times by one over zealous mod that never actually read the article while claiming that it contained sexually oriented material. After making a complaint, I was notified that several mods reviewed the materials, realized they were not in violation, and lifted my posting ban. Of course that particular mod didn't issue an apology, but it did teach me an important lesson about perceived power, even if it's only the illusory power one ever has over another across the internet.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join