It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More work for the Mods, sorry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have a request here.....
Include in the Automessages that are sent when a post is removed, a quote of what was removed. It's highly annoying when a comment I made a few days ago, is removed for offtopic today for example. I can't remember what it even was that was deemed offtopic all of a sudden.

I would be highly appreciative if that was to be implemented. Thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Good idea

Also if only one line or comment is the problem edit that out and leave the rest!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Agree, how do we know what we did wrong if we just get a notice saying it is removed. Kind of like the wife saying, " you should know what you did wrong, but I'm not going to tell you. " Insanity.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's simple.

u2u the mod in question and get a copy of your post.

It's a good way to maybe find out what was wrong with your post...and to get to know a mod....and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I would prefer an ATS gift certificate for 25 points.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

True, bugging the mod that removed it might work, do you guys keep notes? I can see how it might be difficult to remember every post removed.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

True, bugging the mod that removed it might work, do you guys keep notes? I can see how it might be difficult to remember every post removed.

Yep, there's a log of every single post that has been removed from the boards. Whenever asked we're able to post it to the actioned user with relative ease.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

If you keep letting the cat out of the bag, you will never earn your own neuralizer...
sheesh, put on yer shades....

*puts on dark mirrored sunglasses*

Every one if I could just get your attention, right here.

!FLASH!

There is no such thing as the record fairy, it is an optical illusion of bog gas diffused via the atmosphere.

And then...over here we have the actual "Any" key, confiscated by the Vatican in 1234 bc during the secret crusades. Recovered of course by Simon for our very own ATS display.

edit on 10-1-2013 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hey! Did anyone see that flash? If I had to guess, it is an optical illusion of bog gas diffused via the atmosphere.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I got "Off Topic" badge for letting others who were derailing the thread to stay on topic lol

It was hilarious.

But i know what you means OP.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Hey! Did anyone see that flash? If I had to guess, it is an optical illusion of bog gas diffused via the atmosphere.

You remember the flash?

.. Well, that's not supposed to happen.

Wait for the knock at the door - It will be imminent - and don't resist, It'll make matters much worse for you. We'll have to go through the whoooole process again now.

edit on 10-1-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I had a post that was deleted and I was penalized 1000 points
for the post.I couldn't remember what I had posted, I contacted
a mod and they U2U'd me my post.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Ah god, I was hoping we'd have a quiet weekend at the office.

Bring your splash pants and ear muffs folks. The screaming gets pretty loud

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Quick, spread the info, we need to expos....... Lalalala Happy! Happy! Happy!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by superman2012

Quick, spread the info, we need to expos....... Lalalala Happy! Happy! Happy!

Sorry bud, you're on your own. The mods bought me off with that gift certificate I was asking about. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Haha you guys are great.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Everything is recorded. It might take a little digging to find it... But I've done it many times. ...and usually it ends with "Ah, ok, that's why...", or occasionally "Oh, ok, that wasn't off topic."

Contact the mod, you'll find we're actually a fairly friendly bunch, and certainly willing to help you understand what's happened.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

It's good to know it is recorded, I always figured MODS delete a lot of posts a day, what are the odds they remember my post at all.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Once, I had the same thing happen, and contacted the mod via u2u. Not only did the mod present my post to me, but after rationalizing with them, they reinstated my post. Amazing staff here.

I just wish I could credit the right mod. I forget who it was, but it was one of the amazing ones.

That, to me was impressive. They listened, and put it back. It was rather trivial, but the fact that a mod took the time to address my points, well, it was the jelly on my PB&J sandwich.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Has there ever been a time where a mod discusses the post with someone and determines they were wrong?

<<   2 >>

join