It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment is a JOKE - The hypocrisy of gun owners!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynj1736
So basically, we have the right to own a musket? lol Yes, we have the right to bear arms and that includes what the definition of arms includes in the military sense. Do i need a grenade to defend myself? No. Do i need a helicoptor to defend myself? No. It is not necessary nor it is it even a viable option for most Americans and is not even relevent to the 2nd amendment debate. Why do police officers carry guns? Are they deemed with rights higher than those that have given them that right based on the Constitution?
The fact of the matter is, guns are not going anywhere. Governments continue to arm themselves and the black market makes it easy for any criminal to gain any type of weapon they want. But I am supposed to give up my weapon as a law abiding citizen and be defenseless to others with ill intent??

Its sorry ass people like these anti-gun sheeple that disregard the fact that if the original colonists did not have arms, we would be speaking in an English accent and paying homage to the Queen! There would be no America as it is today that allows uninformed idiots to bow down to the whims and wills of tyrannical authority and enslave its own people even more. The debate on gun control is the joke! Leave the constitution alone. If guns, specifically "assault weapons", are such a big problem than why not ban the PRODUCTION and sale of these fire arms instead of messing with my rights? If we dont buy the guns, some other country will or some one else that shouldnt have a weapon will have it.
Stop falling for the media brainwashing and being divided and unite with the PEOPLE of this country! And leave my guns alone. That is all...carry on.

I cringe when people use that argument. "Well, if you believe in the right to bear arms, then why stop at guns?" The thing is, you can buy a helicopter, plane, jet, etc. if you have the funds. So you could equip one to use if you had to. But, because the average American cannot afford to buy a Helicopter, or a Gulf Stream Jet, it is not feasible to expect the American populace to be able to use these for weapons. Guns on the other hand are cheap and easily accessible to the general public. As the founders said: "The right to bear arms shall not be infringed."

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I am just getting around to reading this particular thread. I have to say, SrWingCommander, this post of yours is the most worthwhile thing I have read on ATS since the gun debates started. It is both sad and telling that you only received two stars for it, but I am proud to have added a third star to it today. Bravo, and keep up the good work.

new topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join