It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this photo and tell me what you think

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

There is a war going on between skeptics and believers in ATS and I believe believers are winning the battle

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by minkmouse

The issue is you have 2 groups of people...

Group 1- Look at a picture and automatically believe it's explainable (like a bird, insect, etc).

Group 2- They want to believe so bad that its a ufo their mind tends to see things regardless of the image

It's hard to convince either group regardless, because they both seem to be stuck in their ways...

And then there's Group 3: Those of us who don't have any vested interest in this being a real UFO or not. It matters not to me I just think it's a joke to call this a bird and think those in Group 1 could do a little better.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rezlooper

You have no valid explanation whatsoever. Usually it's CGI, but if that's not clear, well, then it's definitely a bug or a bird every time. Get's old. It can never be an "unidentified flying object" which by the way doesn't mean it's an alien ship, it simply means its unidentified.

Well as it stands it's a UFO because nobody has brought the hammer down declaring a slam dunk for either side of the argument. My viewpoint and experience suggests we are looking at a bird but as I said, the jury is still out. At the end of the day, based on the evidence presented, we will not determine one way or the other which version is correct but we will believe what we think we see

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

My viewpoint and experience suggests we are looking at a bird

Check this image [Color is inverted] , do you see wings ?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Originally posted by Rezlooper

You have no valid explanation whatsoever. Usually it's CGI, but if that's not clear, well, then it's definitely a bug or a bird every time. Get's old. It can never be an "unidentified flying object" which by the way doesn't mean it's an alien ship, it simply means its unidentified.

Well as it stands it's a UFO because nobody has brought the hammer down declaring a slam dunk for either side of the argument. My viewpoint and experience suggests we are looking at a bird but as I said, the jury is still out. At the end of the day, based on the evidence presented, we will not determine one way or the other which version is correct but we will believe what we think we see

I agree with you, the jury is still out on this one. I'm not saying I believe this is an actual UFO, I just think it's ridiculous that so many people jumped into this thread calling this a bird. To me, it seems like more of an effort by skeptics to kill the thread before it grows legs!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Heres a screen shot of a humming bird courting a female. You can see her sitting on the branch as he flits by.

I don't see any wings here either. Just a fuzzy lump that we know is a bird. But do your own work on this and bring a zoomed, enhanced pic from this video and catch a wing, beak or "bird".

The video its from:

edit on 8-1-2013 by intrptr because: additional...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

This hummingbird doesn't appear silver and metallic. So your point is?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Silver? Metallic?

Back at you.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Now imagine this, what if both birds and ufo's (if you believe in them) give off the same look with a camera shot??? How would you then be able to tell the difference from one to the other?

link   
Damn double post
edit on 8-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by intrptr

lol, u got me there.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

This hummingbird doesn't appear silver and metallic. So your point is?

Just for you? I took a zoomed pic of my earlier humming bird screenshot. It actually looks more "UFO-ish" doesn't it? I mean than the OP's pic, not your remarks.

Edit: Okay, I see your last comment... its all good.

edit on 8-1-2013 by intrptr because: acknowledgment

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yes it looked UFO, but I still think the OP pic looked more metallic than yours. Not so sure that's a bird.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Now imagine this, what if both birds and ufo's (if you believe in them) give off the same look with a camera shot??? How would you then be able to tell the difference from one to the other?

If you saw what I saw one night... you... would... know... the difference. But lets say you have never seen one before (like you?). Then go take all the "bird crossing field of view" pictures you want and see.

The only mystery about this picture is what type of bird it is. Should wait for it to land next time. Bird watching is easier that way. There is no doubt about the kind of tower in the background now is there?

Fuzzy blob on photo: UFO! Do you know what this kind of page after page of "Investigation" has done to the rep of ATS lately? Why I believe it ranks right up there with YouTube.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Foul.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I agree with both sides:

It's an object that is flying that is as yet unidentified. Could be a bird. Could be a plane. Could be a pie plate tossed into the air. Could be CGI. Could be any number of other things - use your imagination. One of those things may be an identifiable flying object, such as the DOD's infamous Tr3B or it could even be a few squatty, bug-eyed, skinny, naked critters buzzing around in our atmosphere -the sneaky l'il devils!

Maybe someone can knock me off the fence. I hope they do! But for now, I'm firmly planted there, seemingly sharing that space with many others from here...

NEXT!

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Bilk22
That's one giant bird LOL OK everything is a bird - until it's not. What's the term you all like to use when ascribing meaning to a blurred image? Hmmm?

I don't know why some people here keep saying if it's a bird, then it must be a giant one.

Tell me: How big is the metal bracket in the picture (the one I marked with an arrow)?:

I'd say that bracket is about 6 inches (15 cm) tall, judging by the wires, chains, and bolts on that pole -- plus the pole itself. So if the "UFO" in question is 5 or 10 meters behind that pole, then the object could easily be bird-sized -- maybe about 1 foot (30 cm) long or so.

edit on 1/8/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

You're right, it doesn't have to be a giant bird.

The main pole is clearly a wooden pole similar to the telegraph poles found in suburbia. There are metal rungs on the pole which workers would use to climb up, the size of these are pretty standard - and it would be cumbersome and unnecessary to have giant sized rungs for the workmen to climb. Plus their distance apart gives you a pretty good idea of scale - they need to be easily climbable.

edit on 9/1/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by jhn7537

If you saw what I saw one night... you... would... know... the difference. But lets say you have never seen one before (like you?). Then go take all the "bird crossing field of view" pictures you want and see.

The only mystery about this picture is what type of bird it is. Should wait for it to land next time. Bird watching is easier that way. There is no doubt about the kind of tower in the background now is there?

Fuzzy blob on photo: UFO! Do you know what this kind of page after page of "Investigation" has done to the rep of ATS lately? Why I believe it ranks right up there with YouTube.

Like me? Oh, I've seen plenty of birds before

and I've seen 1 UFO in my lifetime, on my way home from University of Iowa back to Illinois very late at night in the middle of nowhere...

But I wonder, say there are disk shape UFO's out there today, can you say with 100% certainty that a disk UFO wouldn't look anything like that on a picture? I guess it could be a bird, it could be a UFO, I just don't understand how anyone can be so certain (especially if you weren't there, nor took the picture)...

Anyways, fun conversation nevertheless...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That was the point I was trying to make as well. How can anyone say this is a bird with absolute certainty when they just don't know.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
That's the fastest Chinese Lantern that has ever zoomed in our skies....WOW!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join