It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this photo and tell me what you think

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Focal Length: 36.2mm (35mm equivalent: 201mm)
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.0020 s (1/500)
ISO equiv: 80

With this setting is no surprise that anything moving fast will show blurry.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm by no means an expert, but it appears to me to be a bird...a northern gannet, if I was forced to take a guess. What gives me the idea that it's a gannet is both the size and the hint of color near what I would refer to as the head. This correlates well with the assumed direction of travel...as we know birds don't fly backwards...(in most cases...f'in hummingbirds.....)

Anyways, I'm by no means an expert, and with what little we can do with blurry images...there's not much else that can be said about the image. Bird...or possibly insect....IMO.

A2D

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Well...I see a bird and I need not rely on what others believe because over time as a photographer I have acquired a bucket load of UFOBIRDIES. We see what we want to see I guess. There is no harm in seeing a UFO in the image or whatever you will and at the end of the day there probably won't be a hardline answer, just an overwhelming opinion of all who view the OP's image.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5

This one is not a bird - there is the light reflection to consider and that suggests a solid most possibly metallic surface.Birds don't reflect or refract light. The anomalies that people photograph cannot all be explained away as birds.

That's an erroneous and wishful statement.

1) Nothing in the OP photograph supports your theory that the object is metallic.
2) Non-metallic objects absorb and reflect light. Saying they don't is unfounded and ludicrous.
3) Let's take a rational and likely approach.

Hey looky here....light from the setting sun is reflecting on the left side of these birds. I suppose if they were flying in the same perspective/direction and we saw a blurry object reflecting light...well, it must be space aliens!

They must be robot birds.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

This photo has been around for a while, ulpoaded to MUFON on October 2012 by a field
investigator who received the image from an anonymous source, discussed in several
websites but remains inconclusive. Here is the complete information from MUFON.

CASE No. 43195_submitter_file1__CellTowerUFO
Date Submitted Date/Time: 2012-10-1
Date/Time of Event: 2012-07-25 9:15AM
Location of Event: OH, US

Description: [cak] Photo, photographer did not see object.

A site audit of a low cost pole in a rural area (which is meant to fill a gap in reception) taken at a high shutter speed shows a fast moving Unidentified Ariel Object in background. Tower is clear, sun is bright, shadows are correct. EXIF information is in photo.

The person who came across this photo wishes to remain anonymous.

Location is on a second file of a specific Microsoft street map program. I could not un-select it in the link below, so I selected a blank x.txt file instead. Location information should also remain anonymous to protect the witness.

Since I am a Field Investigator, I was contacted and provided with this evidence.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

BLURFO'S....excellent link.....should be mandatory reading for all ATS members.

Yes, looks like a blurred bird to me...I can see a black beak, white feathered body and black tip wings.

From Now on, we should just class these types of photos as...... BLURFO'S.

It is definitely Not a flying saucer.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
The bird explanation is just silly. It's clearly a very bright day and any camera's auto settings would certainly set aperture and shutter speed accordingly which would capture a bird in flight at distance, without ambiguity. This object is exceeding the settings. No bird here, but maybe it's a Chinese lantern

I agree, shutter speed was 1/500, would have got a better image of a bird.

XIF data of the image follows:

Camera Maker: SAMSUNG
Camera Model: SAMSUNG PL210, PL211 / VLUU PL210, PL211
Image Date: 2012-07-25 10:15:18 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 36.2mm (35mm equivalent: 201mm)
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.0020 s (1/500)
ISO equiv: 80
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Copyright: COPYRIGHT, 2011
Software: 1101205

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There's been a few UFO's posted which look similar to this one, and they have turned out to be bird. Your pic looks just how a bird would if flying past quickly while out of focus.

edit on 8/1/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by gortex
I think its probably a bird .
sorry

Bah, too bad. Big ass bird, though. That's a 190' tower, taken from the ground, and the object appears to be behind the tower, not in front of.

So what how far behind the tower?
Anyway some info you didn't give taken from the exif data on the picture

Camera Make = SAMSUNG
Camera Model = SAMSUNG PL210, PL211 / VLUU PL210, PL211
Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/430.54 second
Aperture = ƒ/5.6
Focal Length = 362/10 mm ===> 36.2 mm

So about 7.4 times magnification.

It has a 10x optical zoom if its a PL210

Most likely a bird .

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22
That's one giant bird LOL OK everything is a bird - until it's not. What's the term you all like to use when ascribing meaning to a blurred image? Hmmm?

I don't know why some people here keep saying if it's a bird, then it must be a giant one.

Tell me: How big is the metal bracket in the picture (the one I marked with an arrow)?:

I'd say that bracket is about 6 inches (15 cm) tall, judging by the wires, chains, and bolts on that pole -- plus the pole itself. So if the "UFO" in question is 5 or 10 meters behind that pole, then the object could easily be bird-sized -- maybe about 1 foot (30 cm) long or so.

edit on 1/8/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Amanda5

I don't see a bird but I do see a craft that needs to be identified. Thanks for posting.

This may help
Examples Of BLURFOs

Suggest everybody read this interesting link by gortex, first, then make a comment.

Just my suggestion.....may help clear a lot of confusion out there.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

(note, I had to lower the resolution a bit to upload to ATS)

Why? If the resolution causes the file size to be too large can't you crop a full resolution section to upload?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hi All I put the known data into the online depth of field calculator

I think this object may actually be in front of the tower entering the data for the camera from the exif ie
f5.6 aperture and being told the tower is around 190ft high the lens was at 36.2 mm focal length gives the following.

Camera, film format, or circle of confusion

Focal length (mm) 36
Selected f-stop 5.6
Subject distance 190

Subject distance 190 ft

Depth of field
Near limit 84 ft
Far limit Infinity
Total Infinite

In front of subject 106 ft
Behind subject Infinite

Hyperfocal distance 150.4 ft
Circle of confusion 0.005 mm

Near limit of focus 84 feet so looks like it may have been closer than that it looks blurred and out of focus!

Online DOF calculator
edit on 8-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Exept the tower height was corrected by the OP as being 90'

Perhaps 80'
edit on 8-1-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well I know exactly what that is!

It's a flying saucer.
Either military drone or something made by another intelligent species, possibly taking a pit stop to see the sights of Earth before using our sun to get back home.

Good catch! Makes me want to take random pictures of the sky.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

That's pretty much what an alien recon vessel should like like. If you want to find out and don't think it will cause trouble for you at work, you should file FOIA requests right away for the U.S. Weather Bureau and FAA radar data for the location and time of the photo. But hurry, because it has to be within a few days, and expect it to take six months or so for them to cough up the data. Then you can ask MUFON or NICAP to look at the photo and get their experts to examine the radar data for you. It's free, and they'll probably do it, based on your story and photo. If you're going to do that, you should at least also file a report with MUFON, giving them all the details you can think of. Since you know the exact time and location, the radar data should strongly back up your case if it really is not of this Earth. Otherwise, you can assume it's a bird, something blowing in the wind, or some unknown but unimportant object.

Anyway, compared with all the dubious photos and videos used to start threads here every day, that's a breath of fresh air. S&F.

edit on 8-1-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

Exept the tower height was corrected by the OP as being 90'

Perhaps 80'
edit on 8-1-2013 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

So all the changes is the near limit now 56 ft using a 90 ft tower still most likely a bird!!!
Sorry far limit is reduced as well to 223 ft.
edit on 8-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips
(note, I had to lower the resolution a bit to upload to ATS)

Here is a zoom on the "object" that I cut (poorly) from the original:

If you really do have the original in very high resolution, and you're seriously interested in discovering what the object is, why don't give the un-retouched image file to somebody who can PROPERLY zoom and cut into the object?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

No worries, just seemed you'd missed the update

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

That's kind of hilarious that my employee is associated with MUFON. We have something to talk about in the office together.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join