It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this photo and tell me what you think

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

I disagree with you. I think it looks like a bird flying by.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Osprey are big and fast birds.
They have a 6 foot wingspan and can dive at speeds of 80 MPH
They have black to metallic gray wing feathers and tan chest feathers.you can clearly see tan and black colors in the picture.
An osprey diving at 80 mph and over 3 feet long,with his feet tucked up and his wings folded back, is going to be a blur of black and tan in most pictures.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Camera Maker: SAMSUNG
Camera Model: SAMSUNG PL210, PL211 / VLUU PL210, PL211
Image Date: 2012-07-25 10:15:18 (no TZ)
Focal Length: 36.2mm (35mm equivalent: 201mm)
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure Time: 0.0020 s (1/500)
ISO equiv: 80
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: program (Auto)
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No (enforced)
Orientation: Normal
Color Space: sRGB
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Copyright: COPYRIGHT, 2011
Software: 1101205

Someone was asking for EXIF data

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I think this sums it up:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Who cares about the flying saucer, what the heck is that thing hanging off the pole. Doesn't look like a transformer. Maybe the alien flying that saucer is checking it out too.

The disk looks like a coin tossed closer to the camera. Is that near a range where they shoot at clay pigeons?
edit on 8-1-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by antar
If it is a bird it is a metal one, alien for sure. If terrestrial, it is probably a drone.

Here's another example of a "UFO" some people thought looked metallic:

But this is what that particular one seemed to be to me:

That's one giant bird LOL OK everything is a bird - until it's not. What's the term you all like to use when ascribing meaning to a blurred image? Hmmm?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I have seen a bunch of bird pictures on here that looked much more like an alien craft than this one. This is the classic bird shape and coloring seen these type of pictures.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks, I dumped the EXIF.. Figured it may have been missing in the posted pic but it is intact.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I like this pic it is very clear unlike some images on here.

But i have to say most plausible explanation is a bird sadly

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It is most likely a bird.

There have been hundreds of misidentifications that look similar to this. At high speeds, the blurry objects take on characteristics that are not representative of the actual shape. Ignorant people will argue that "that is not a shape of a bird"...ignoring how, speed, position, angle, perspective, camera shutters and the internal imaging works. But hey, I'm sure if its is an alien craft a million people outside washing their cars, bird watching, drinking lemonade, walking home from school...all noticed a ship from another planet in the effing sky.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Originally posted by gortex
I think its probably a bird .
sorry

Bah, too bad. Big ass bird, though. That's a 190' tower, taken from the ground, and the object appears to be behind the tower, not in front of.

Yeah, I've had a few images I've snapped while out and about, that when I've looked at on the PC I've gotten excited about, thinking "THAT!!!" and knowing it was not something I saw when I snapped, and it looks nothing like an animated flying animal.

However it's often a trick, an illusion, of it being a still frame.

First thing I thought of if I were asked about this image anywhere else, would be bird in flight. Seem other similar images to how this appears.

Bummer though, but it's enough to keep me snapping pics of the sky. Even if to just conclude at the end of the day I've caught mere birds or bugs, it's still fun to try and see if I can work anything else into reason.

So far, naught..

Good work tho,

cheers!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
And you take photos of cell towers..............why?

Lol why not!

I've got photos of train cantilevers.

Why?

Why not!

lol

edit on 8-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

That's one giant bird LOL OK everything is a bird - until it's not. What's the term you all like to use when ascribing meaning to a blurred image? Hmmm?

It's only a giant bird if you assume the its farther than it actually is....and ignore the more plausible and rational explanation. Like you know, perspective....distance? I dunno. Maybe it is aliens....and they like to play hide and go seek...and kidnap only schizophrenic homeless people or idiots with youtube accounts.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thanks for the link you attached to your post. I have seen that link before but it does not convince me. Each circumstance or event must be examined on its own merit and should be managed as unique. When we start utilising one method of explanation for a variety of similar examples - we actually lose our ability to discern.

In this instance I do not see a bird and the poster who magnified the image only supported my thoughts. Birds generally fly in groups and only hawks and kestrels and other larger prey birds are seen on their own. Not this time I am adhering to my intellectual discerning abilities.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bourbon2nite
Wow, I have never seen an 190 ft wooden pole before.

You are 100% correct and my apologies to all. Got my sites confused. It's an 80 footer. Again, sorry all.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Where I live birds fly in groups when migrating as in starlings. Crows also fly in groups to their rookery and from it at daybreak but the rest of the time they are individuals.I understand what you are trying to put forward but where I live it's just not true that birds always travel in groups.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

totally a bird.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
And you take photos of cell towers..............why?

it' takes a whole lot of physical effort to climb poles and towers!
if you can get the job done from the ground your ahead of the game.

and while we're all lookin at pictures ...

from india!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

Yes - I understand your point and as I stated it is usual that birds live and travel together - not always just in a general sense. I live in a rural setting and when it comes to birds the only ones I see solo are the larger predatory birds - circling above as they focus on their target on the ground.

This one is not a bird - there is the light reflection to consider and that suggests a solid most possibly metallic surface.Birds don't reflect or refract light. The anomalies that people photograph cannot all be explained away as birds.

When we permit new knowledge and newly recognised information into our lives it actually strengthens our intellectual capacity for discerning and thinking independently - instead of relying on another person to explain what is being viewed. It is why school programmes and education pedagogies need to be changed - the teacher writes the notes on the board and the student memorises it - no cognitive function or intellectual capacity needed there - just memory skills. I love it when students question everything - tells me they are thinking about the subject - just like on here!!!

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

That looks like behind my computer system

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join