It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please look at this photo and tell me what you think

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hello all. I had an interesting find here at work. As part of our work, we take rather generic photos of cell towers. We take hundreds of very dull pictures in fairly high res so we can identify the equipment on the towers. Usually there is nothing to look at, but this one most certainly caught my eye.

(note, I had to lower the resolution a bit to upload to ATS)

Here is a zoom on the "object" that I cut (poorly) from the original:

In the zoom, I can pretty clearly disregard the identy as a bird or even a conventional aircraft.

Please note that the date and time on the photo are accurate and that the location this was taken was NE Ohio. There were a series of photos taken of this tower that day, and this is the only photo that includes this "object."

Just curious what the vets here at ATS think. If nothing else, it was the cause of a lot discussion here in the office.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
And you take photos of cell towers..............why?

+19 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think its probably a bird .
sorry

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
mentos?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

We install/upgrade equipment on them. Gotta assess what's there first so that we can get a clear plan of what there is room for and what we need to do.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I think its probably a bird .
sorry

Bah, too bad. Big ass bird, though. That's a 190' tower, taken from the ground, and the object appears to be behind the tower, not in front of.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm thinking bird, maybe if it wasnt moving so fast we would see it clearer, totally not your fault on the speed tho

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

Did you not notice it at the time you were taking the picture? If not, that makes me think that it was something going by pretty quickly. Bird? Perhaps. That is what first crossed my mind.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

I didn't take the photo, and no, the object was not noticed when the photo was taken.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's probably a bird but I'm sure you thought of that already. We've all seen photos of "UFOs" that are really just birds flying around, and the same goes for bugs as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

We install/upgrade equipment on them. Gotta assess what's there first so that we can get a clear plan of what there is room for and what we need to do.

Thanks for the explanation but I am not any clearer. Who do you work for? Phone company? Taxation department?

Why wouldn't there be a hard copy of what's installed where throughout a county? Why take photos? Seems like a antiquated task for such a high-tech process.

So what does this photo tell your company?

Sorry OP. I don't mean to be an ass but until I understand/determine why the photo was taken in the first place, it's hard to proceed from there.

Hope you understand

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athink24
I'm thinking bird, maybe if it wasnt moving so fast we would see it clearer, totally not your fault on the speed tho

Seems a little too symetrical and non-organic to me... but maybe it's more of a "want it to be true" than reality.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

It certainly appears to be an unidentified aerial phenomena. A bird? I am always keen to shy away from that explaination - birds are pretty much always in the company of other birds. Whatever it is it appears round and seems to have smooth edges.

I don't see a bird but I do see a craft that needs to be identified. Thanks for posting.

Much Peace...

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

I don't see a bird but I do see a craft that needs to be identified. Thanks for posting.

This may help
Examples Of BLURFOs

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Ha! You'd be surprised just how antiquated a process it truly is. And I work for a major Defense Contractor (who happens to dabble in the telecommunications private sector.) Dirty secret, none of the major carriers or tower companies have a very good database of what's on their towers... and in most cases, the information they do have is either incorrect or terribly dated. Too many cooks in the kitchen when sites are built, upgraded, maintained, etc. and too many towers changing ownership hands.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by larphillips

Ha! You'd be surprised just how antiquated a process it truly is. And I work for a major Defense Contractor (who happens to dabble in the telecommunications private sector.) Dirty secret, none of the major carriers or tower companies have a very good database of what's on their towers... and in most cases, the information they do have is either incorrect or terribly dated. Too many cooks in the kitchen when sites are built, upgraded, maintained, etc. and too many towers changing ownership hands.

Thanks my friend
Still have no idea what you do or rather, why you do it but....my suggestion is .....ask your own people
It's probably one of theirs.
You've been a great sport. Much appreciated!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If it is a bird it is a metal one, alien for sure. If terrestrial, it is probably a drone.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
It's a good shot, one of the better ones I've seen on this message board in a while. To be honest with you without more data or other photo's of the object, it could be *anything*... Anyone's guess is as good as others.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
crescent shaped UFO moving toward the right of picture.

are those fiber optic cables that are all bent up like that on that ugly as f*** cell pole?
that's some really shoddy work [not yours OP]

S&F

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No worries. I'm posting at work, so I'm loath to go into much detail about who I work for, but trust me, it is as bland/vanilla as you can find. Our company Annual Report is all kinds of boy toy fun and my division doesn't even make it to the color, glossy pages. We're a blip at best. I have no clearances of any kind. I'm just a hired gun. I apologize for being vague about the company, etc.

As for what we do, a carrier (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc.) hires us to manage a project in a region. Whether it is building new towers, co-locating on existing, or upgrading existing, we have to jump through all the hoops of real estate, regulatory, design, permitting, environmental, etc. Get it set, then hire contractors to do the actual work. The process from beginning to end can take anywhere from 6 months to a year or more per site. Mobile telecom isn't considered a utility like a power company, so no eminent domain and no doing what we please where we please. It's a chore... but it pays the bills.

(Derail over)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join