It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US highest rape & trafficking rate in world: mirrors arrogant history of power, control, dominance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Rape Map

Trafficking Map:

Notice from above 2 maps, Americans are most likely to rape as well as purchase human victims like exotic meat

www.crisisconnectioninc.org...

The United States has the world’s highest rape rate of all countries that publish such data- 13 times higher than England and more than 20 times higher than Japan (12). An American woman is 10 times more likely to be raped than to die in a car crash

I never realized rape was highest in such a "civilized" country with relatively strict laws, as USA. I guess it was just an illusion that is slowly showing its true colors?

edit on 8-1-2013 by minnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Your 2 links are the exact same image.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Thanks! Fixed, sorry.

Could media obsession with sex also be contributing to such a "sexually frustrated" American society so as well as indulgent in rape and traffickers biggest national customer? (in addition to being most trigger-happy and power-tripping)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
The United States has the world’s highest rape rate of all countries that publish such data

Would you care to give a cite for that astounding assertion?

The website you quoted just says reference (12), but doesnt actually bother to list them properly (misuse of "ibid" renders the cite meaningless).

Moreover, the wikipedia article on this topic does provide lists, and the USA is *not* number 1.

edit on 8-1-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Those maps don't prove anything about rape and trafficking in the US or anywhere else.

Sex crimes are the most underreported crimes.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

The United States has the world's highest rape rate of the countries that publish such statistics - 13 times higher than England and more than 20 times higher than Japan.

[Senate Judiciary Committee, 1990. Facts about Violence Against Women

The world rape map is from here, a different source:
www.indexmundi.com...

Obviously the small African country of "Botswana" has a higher rate, followed by America, a HUGE, civilized country.. should Americans stoop that low? Apparently so.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I couldn't help but notice the the website says that this info should be taken with a grain of salt. Am I the only one that noticed that?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Definitely.

Like everything, season to taste?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthLover557
Those maps don't prove anything about rape and trafficking in the US or anywhere else.

Sex crimes are the most underreported crimes.

Yes but the overall theme should give you an idea. I would guess that the unreported percentage is somewhat in the same ballpark in the 1st world countries. I'm conceding that 3rd world countries would be slightly or a lot higher. What would be the other exceptions to make the unreported rate more or less in other or certain countries?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

I don't have to point out the obvious,as others have already.

But I want to know what are you hoping to accomplish with this thread?

You're twisting it so much it's comical.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
hmmmm
I wonder, do they have harvard students available to measure such statistics in places like Somalia?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I could've sworn i read that my country,South Africa,has as a matter of fact,the highest incidence of rape?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
I couldn't help but notice the the website says that this info should be taken with a grain of salt. Am I the only one that noticed that?

In deed.

Plus, the OP is just misleading. "Highest rape...". Uttrer nonsense and is an example of tring to make the fntasy fit the worldview.

I think that with a bit of reseach you would find that the instance of rape is far, far higher in some nations where it is recorded. In other nations sex crimes are unreported, either because the authorities don't do such things, women are told to "put up and shut up" and generally treated as second class citizens with no rights or voice.

Regards

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Rapes are alot more common than that, more like 1 in 4 or 5 girls growing up are sexually abused. Its extremely common.

And the trafficking element, well that is more organized, satanic elements involved in some of it, and from "on high".

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

"Yes but the overall theme should give you an idea. I would guess that the unreported percentage is somewhat in the same ballpark in the 1st world countries. I'm conceding that 3rd world countries would be slightly or a lot higher. What would be the other exceptions to make the unreported rate more or less in other or certain countries?"

What is the overall theme because I have no idea?

That would be a good guess on your part if you viewed that map as factual evidence of something evil brewing in the evil first-world countries, namely the US, as the OP seems so eager to assert.

I personally feel there is no truth to any report about rape and trafficking "rates" in the US or anywhere else and thus see no reason to answer your question. I struggle to see the point of the OP, but good day to you all.

top topics

join