It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The saddest graph you'll see today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Superhans
There is one "sad" thing i see about this graph.
1. That is, if a man is accused and stands trial and is found "innocent" by a jury of his peers. He is somehow still "guilty". The graph clearly shows only 2 out of the 100s being "falsely accused" but the ones that stand trial and are innocent are not falsely accused for some reason.

In the eyes of the femenists who put together the chart, the innocent ones are still guilty anyway.

Why is it that whenever a woman protests against rape, presents rape info, whatever, she's automatically labeled a "feminist?"

It's not.

It's when the validity of the information is so questionable and impossible to verify that you have to see the bigger goal in pushing it out as a fact. It does a great harm to the cause of any rape victim -- whether they are feminist or not -- because if you're ever going to resort to arguing with non-facts then it makes people wonder whether anything else they say about their situation is really valid at all.

Rape is a very serious, very fuzzy situation and it offends me intellectually when people try to put things in number that they couldn't possibly know. They really might as well have said that 90% of rapes go unreported because it said so in the Book of Mormon. It's an equal validation.

Estimations and anecdotes are very rarely -- if ever -- good assumptions to go on to outline an issue. Mostly because they have to be that; assumptions. Show me the facts so we can address the problem and work towards a solution. Don't push out nonsense and expect me to get on board, because it makes it very difficult to take the issue seriously if you can't even put together a valid, factual piece of information about the topic.

Let's look at some of the ridiculous assumptions that this graph suggests:

1) 90% of rapes go unreported

2) No false accusations result in incarceration

3) Out of 1000 accusations, including those which go unreported, only 2 are false (I'm sorry but that is just the most ridiculous assumption I've heard in years)

4) All rapists are men
edit on 9-1-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Oh I agree. Alot of these "graphs" and "figures" are crap and we all know it. It makes it easy to get a rise out of the people who won't do any fact searching themselves. But I was just trying to clear up some of the reasons behind "unreported" and "unprosecuted" rapes. Yeah I've seen that too. I like a good wrestling match as much as anyone but I would never punch someone unless it was in fun or protection. I was raised that if you ball up your fist and punch a guy like a man you should expect to be hit like a man. A lot of women who do that would stop with one good punch. I do not agree with hitting a woman but....you know... Act like a lady and get treated like a lady.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I know.... ban penises!! Ban men!!

IS that your answer statists?? Because all you ever come up as a solution is ban something when a crime occurs.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm sure Female on Man rape is never reported. Its impossible right? and its okay in society lol.

If the arrest all men just on women's words... i don't know what this world would come to.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
If the arrest all men just on women's words... i don't know what this world would come to.

They don't which is why the conviction rate is low.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I believe that number is based on the number of positive rape kits. Doctors legally have to report to Law Enforcement if a doctor has determined a rape has occurred. Unreported should translate to non-prosecuted (the victim refused to press charges).

reply to post by cybro

Rape isn't a feminist issue, it is a human issue... grow up little boy.

reply to post by Dispo

That is the cost of true Freedom.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join