It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Jan 7th 2013: ALEX JONES on Piers Morgan Tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This is the article Alex will discuss when he appears on CNN live tonight at 9PM EST with Piers Morgan. BTW - Piers can't handle Alex on his own and needs torture-apologist Alan Dershowitz to hold his hand. So it will be two against one.

www.prisonplanet.com...

This evening at 9, the "Piers Morgan Tonight" host will come face to face with the co-creator of the petition, Alex Jones.

Tune in tonight to see Morgan and Jones debate the petition, and it's merits, and also hear various other mass shooting victims and survivors speak live on the polarizing topic of "Guns in America."

piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com...

Alex has the right idea, in most cases, but EVERY single time he is on CNN or MSNBC or The View he goes so extreme (not always wrong or anything) that people are instantly turned off.

He does the "movement" a dis-service. He needs to be more relaxed and have FACTS like Gun Crime is up after Australian Assault Weapon ban, and that more people were killed in 2012 with a hammer than guns.

Well, here's hoping. What do you believe will be said this evening?
edit on 7-1-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2013 by Skyfloating because: title typo edit

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hopefully Alex will put up a good show against Peirs. Not sure why any American would want some British guy telling them about politics. America and Britain have 2 completely different political systems, why let one tell the other how to run things...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
should be interesting, hopefully alot of fireworks like when ted nugent was on!

i guess i will watch it just to see what unfolds.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Please don't make him look like a complete idiot and leave him crying in the corner or he may decide to come back and we're more than happy as it is without him

But making him look look like an idiot with facts/figures from places he cant argue with is more than fine

So please make him look like an idiot but not enough to get on a plane back here...

Many thanks the British populace

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Alex Jones was also just detained by the TSA for refusing to remove his shoes before boarding a plane lol
Alex Jones Detained by TSA (pics & video)

Give 'em hell Alex!

edit on 7/1/13 by Phantasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Morgan and would contribute to a legal fund to keep him out of the UK.

However, Alex is a very poor performer when he has an opponent. He often devolves into childish name calling or fixating on one tangental thought or issue and repeating it. It's a shame because some of the info he breaks is very important. And he is great riffing (riffing not ripping) off a guest and pulling in all the strands for a larger perspective. I just wish he wasn't such an arse, didn't exaggerate so much or make stuff up.

edit to add: can someone please be so generous as to youtube it for us interested foreigners to watch tomorrow.

edit on 7-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is awful.

I don't know whether I want to watch this or not. I mean, it would be morally akin to watching a train wreck in slow motion. Is it acceptable to watch a pair of political paperweights mud wrestle on TV for my entertainment? I don't even know any more...

All I know is that I don't like either of them, and sticking one of them as a talking head on a show would make me avoid that show like the plague, but putting the two of them together... Genius! I think I have to watch it, I'll flagellate myself or something to make up for it later.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

You sir are a poet.

I can't wait to so this trainwreck.

Don't like either of them either, but I have to keep tabs on Alex because he gives me a filter for my avenues of research. Much the same as ATS, there's good info and bad info here as well as with him.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
They'll probably bring up the fact that TSA and Jones had a little altercation on the flight to the interview.

Just read about that, actually. Something about nobody having to take off their shoes until Jones walked up, and they ordered him to do just that.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FellowTraveller
Hopefully Alex will put up a good show against Peirs. Not sure why any American would want some British guy telling them about politics. America and Britain have 2 completely different political systems, why let one tell the other how to run things...

That's such a dumb statement.

Firstly, human beings have the ability to study and learn. It's something we inherited from apes. Anyone one with just a modicome of intellect can learn about and understand very well any political system on the planet.

Secondly, some of us like discourse and debate. Why should it matter where someone was born. That's a kind of xenophopia all too common on these boards lately.

And finally our two systems of government are fairly similar. Don't know what you guys were thinking with the electoral votes system though.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins

I agree.

Wouldn't someone WELCOME outside opinion?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

reply to post by CALGARIAN

I agree, if anyone wants to claim that the US is an isolationist nation that doesn't need validation or input from outside sources, please see American foreign policy pre WWI.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins

Originally posted by FellowTraveller

Firstly, human beings have the ability to study and learn. It's something we inherited from apes.

Speaking of "dumb" statements!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

It's technically correct if you want to start discussing evolution and homologous traits.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

It's technically correct if you want to start discussing evolution and homologous traits.

Evolution is a theory, therefore, his statement is unproven until evolution is determined to be fact.
A discussion for a different thread.

Just saying....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Prevailing theory.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The show should be fun. Alex Jones likes to scream and beat his breast, and has kept the focus and attention of quite a few people on quite a few topics which should really be spoken about and well addressed by those in positions of corporate and governmental power. I wish he'd devote a week to talking about Vitamin C (see the fine threads on this site on the topic). Will be watching with interest, and giving up a little of my Rachel Maddow viewing in order to do so.

Ha, I can imagine this thread will be containing a running commentary and discussion about the show as it airs.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This my friends is propaganda at it's finest. Alex Jones a media quack to the majority vs pierce Morgan a mouthpiece for well everyone except the American citizen. This dynamic duo will certainly hasten any gun ban creeping down the pipe as any one who watches will see a moron get his arse handed to him live on television and do irreparable harm to those seeking to keep their second amendment rights.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Having actually met Alex Jones I can tell you he is the real deal. He gets a ton of information dumped on him daily and sometimes some mis-infromation makes it through. if you were to compare it any MSM network you will find that most of the time Alex's reports are spot on.

ETA: I will be watching it live tonight on CNN @ 2000 cst. The first time in quite some time that I have watched any MSM news show. I hope Alex keeps it under control. I am sure his run in with the TSA today has him fired up!
edit on 7-1-2013 by SWCCFAN because: eta text

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I'm not calling him a quack merely saying that he will be viewed as a quack much like Jesse Ventura. Pierce is an excellent media hitman with a serpents tongue made of silver. He's been told to assassinate any one pro gun in a public forum and shall put his tongue to propper use against Mr. Jones

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join