It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD Seize Rocket Launchers in buy back program!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I would call that....a mistake.A bad idea that many....aggressive people may...supplant the law enforcement effort in ways that would scare a great deal of the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

Im quick and to the point. No need to drag anything out.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
A collector would have paid a lot more than two hundred bucks each for some of the stuff turned in. I wonder if the launchers got destroyed or if a cop took them home

Oh how cynical... lol.... I'm betting only a police chief or assistant chief or perhaps a mayor could be trusted with having such terrible things as souvenirs. I'll bet those don't make it to the scrap pile tho, no.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Do you think they'll take my nerf gun of my hands? I think it is too dangerous for the streets nowadays.

Goodness gracious, we live in a world of boobs and incompetent leaders.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I think it's amazing how you can really see how these people try to use anything as a Media Sensation ... it's almost sad. I haven't watched Live TV in 3 years and we just got USTVNOW on our Roku (no that's not a commercial for it) which provides basic cable channels as streaming .. Honestly, I can't believe how dumb-down MSM became .. how idiotic these commercials are .. and how silly some of the dialog's are... I removed it after watching for 10min :-D

So I am not surprised that they re-packaging a empty Fiberglass Tube (worth maybe $20) as a "Rocket Launcher" and the whole country believes it .. I have also an extreme issue that the LAPD really used this for a political platform to send out a very specific message that is bought by millions of people .. basically lying to everyone!

But I see this more and more - and probably is a complete different issue - that the Police is making up stories to use it for their own purposes and agenda ...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Actually the AT4 is a rocket and not a grenade launcher the story got that part wrong. They make one that fires a tracer round 9mm I believe which can be reused but the ones the recovered were just shells.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The AT-4 is refered to as a "Bunker Buster". It is designed, intentionaly and very carefully, to NEVER be re-usable. It is a Fiberglass Tube. The "Trigger Mechanism burns itself out after firing.

Good for nothing, and as dangerous as an empty wrapping paper tube.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

"Stockpile (our) Cannonballs" ????

Wow.

Problem is, in reading the rest of your post, you appear to honestly believe that is what "Cannon" now fire...

I believe it is MOST important to be INFORMED and FACTUAL when making a comment. This topic is VERY serious right now. MANY, many Americans, including myself, firmly believe our Constitution is about to be seriously violated.

The Media has a record of being wrong on facts more often then correct, and, always wrong in favor of Liberals.

IF I am not certain of the subject upon which I comment, I keep my mouth shut and my "pen" still...

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The big problem is, apparently HALF THE COUNTRY will honestly believe that there are AT-4's out on the street.

Be certain, a poster, somewhere, right now, is blurting out "Oh my God" ... "We have to get the AT-4 Bunker Busters OFF THE STREETS !!"

Personally, a few weeks ago, I would have found the incredible stupidity in it, laughed long and hard, and baffled that some people actually believe it (like the famous, deadly, .22 cal shotgun).

Now, today, I see that my / our failure to STOP MEDIA from rediculous, sensationalistic garbage (that REALLY scares a lot of people) was a big, big mistake, and now after years of it, we have an absolutely terrified general public.

When the Media makes outrageous not-so-erroneous FALSE statements, we really should (should have) drive the point home that it is NOT acceptable.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

A year ago (and no mlaws have changed) you could buy these expended tubes online as a novelty. They were... and still are legal. They are not a firearm or destructive device.

NONETHELESS... I have seen "new" ATF Agents show up at Museums and Gun Shows and confiscate them or force the owner to saw them in half. Doesn't seem to matter what the law is, it's the Badge, gun, backup officers, and what they "feel like" that seems to count.

Worse, an ignorant General Public and Judiciary System will actually convict or plea-deal victims of situations like this. Occasionally, if someone wants to spend $25K - $50K + on an Attorney and spend 2 - 3 years in Court, you MAY get the charges dismissed, but the media won't cover it, you are out the money, and people these days look at your "ARREST RECORD" not Conviction record...

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Vascopolis

If I may ask, your point being?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have seen these rocket launchers a few times at gun shows.
Its the ammo that you can't get not the launcher...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
who are the people actually turning in these guns, are they that strapped for cash? (no pun intended)
I have a strong feeling some of these numbers are inflated by people with a vested interest in the confiscations of these guns (nwo, government officials) who are planted there to drop off guns... man you guys here at ATS have really turned me into a conspiracy nut these passed few months

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join