It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Polymorph Plastic Easy to Mould Thermoplastic Endless Uses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just a quick one really... I've never seen this stuff before so thought maybe there could be others that haven't as well.. Any way it is pretty amazing and I can think of a ton of uses for it already and I think this would be really cool to do with the kids...

Basically it is a plastic and you put it into hot water, it melts and becomes pliable. Then when you are done you can melt it down and use it for something else! I think I'm gonna go grab myself some of this now...

So here is the vid, enjoy...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

This is like Friendly Plastic - a crafting material i've used off and on for over 15 years:
www.amaco.com...

Some sticks are solid colors and others have a coating on one side ...shiny or metalics, Pretty nifty stuff, but beware out in the sun!
edit on 6-1-2013 by Opportunia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

Okay cool, on the ebay shop they actually call it friendly plastic, I had no idea it even existed! You learn something new everyday ay...

I'm gonna get some and have a little play around with it anyway... Oh btw it isn't toxic or anything like that is it?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

This should be fine in the sun. If your hitting 60c in direct sunlight, you have more to worry about that your plastic doodads melting

Reminds me of putty nails. except it doesnt turn into solid metallic stuff and doesn't need 2 parts combined. Wish I'd had this when I was using that, stuff is everywhere now..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This stuff has been around for quite a while.

It might pay to note that if the plastic is chlorine based (PVC is a good example), it will leach dioxins when heated to a malleable state.

top topics

join