It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Science Fictions That Became Science Facts In 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

I could use a stick to play fetch with my dog or beat a homeless guy to death. Technology isn't "good" or "evil", some will use it to do good things and others to do bad. To cap our technological advancements because of what some people might do at some point in the future would be very backwards indeed.
edit on 7-1-2013 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas
reply to post by andy06shake

Even if these are in prototype phases, it is amazing. Man has ascended from discovering fire, to creating things which were only possible in our imaginations.

thats because everything that ever existed was created through the power of imagination. There is nothing more powerful than a human with not only the creative potential but also the conviction and drive to create their dreams into reality.

That is the true magic of manifestation. dream believe create.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is just what I love reading about! Great Topic... Can't wait to read about the rest, and about to do some more research on the stronger than steel wool

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Makes me think of the two robots that Donald Shrum saw in 1964 while stuck in a tree hunting with a bow an arrow. He was hiding in tree during the night when he spotted a ufo landing on the ground near him in a remote part of a calif. park at night. Two robots spewed out fumes from the their mouths to make him drowsy. But he wrapped his belt around a tree so he couldn't be captured. He tried shooting the robots with his bunting bow and arrows. And incredible account from a book called "Aliens In the Forest". Check out the George Knapp interview with the two authors on youtube.It is one of the best ufo cases i've ever heard of . But of course the other two accounts are pretty good as well. That of Lonnie Zamora and Gary Wilcox on the same day of 1964, April 24th.

Here is a head of a robot on the moon: Notice the RED around it's mouth !
Not saying it is the same robot but thought of high tech stuff decades ago:
www.google.com... out a wonderful photo "moon robot head" from google images.

Not saying the same one, but thought the photo intersting.
edit on 7-1-2013 by thetiler because: added thought and spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

does she come still in the box i want one just like her

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I would hope!

But seriously that device is awesome. I have wanted an EEG for a long time but they have always been either too expensive or cumbersome. This one is neither

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It is incredible just what were capable od accomplishing. It astounds me that in this day and age, people are surpassing their potential !

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There was actually a thread here about a month ago about scientists testing Vitamin D to restimulate hair follicles on rats or mice, and it was working. Now their trying to get it working on humans. I give it 5 years tops and you should have your hair back.
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Do you know if that was by taking a pill or direct application of vitamin D on the scalp. I look forward to hearing more about this. Really I'm more concerned about my son, he's only 21 and is already getting a receding hair line. I know it's tough on young guys when they lose their hair early. Us old guys don't care as much.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

So this would be the article here: www.buzzfeed.com...

"27 Science Fictions That Became Science Facts In 2012"

OP swapped a few positions in the countdown, but is basically passing off this article as his own research. Annoys the f--k out of me because people are always trying to take credit for someone else's work.
edit on 7-1-2013 by imworkingdamnit because: typos

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
wow i was amazed by the invisible clocked

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
embrace the bauld and if anyone says anything to you about it beat them to death with your abundance of testosterone, swift aerodynamic head butt.
apparently though people who are baulding have more Dihydrotestosterone receptors on the scalp and not necassarily more testosterone ,so it appears all about the receptors cut them out .

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by brotherwolverine
wow i was amazed by the invisible clocked

Photoshop is amazing isn't it?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If the cloak turns out to be real or even close to what’s advertised it will be the most deadly piece of equipment in the soldier’s toolkit. That takes snipers to a new level not to mention being able to infiltrate secured areas. To be honest if there is any truth to it the US would be better off shelving the damn thing because sooner or later it would fall into enemy hands. It is cool as hell but the implications on how it could be used are downright frightening. You could mask the presence of an invading force with enough of them.

Imagine that material matched with a stealth missile there would be no way to detect a launch or track it for that matter you could walk a nuclear bomb on to a target without being detected. If it’s real and that’s a big if it would change everything.

The military may be backing it stating that it exists just as a deterrent. Purposely spreading disinformation to instill fear into our would be enemy’s.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I want that skin cell regeneration spay...god knows I need a face change operation...This stuff would be awesome !!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Right! What Man conceives Man achieves.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I dunno if its been said but its not 25, its 24, that stealth cloak is BOGUS, it has NOT been developed, thats a photoshopped pic to show how it WOULD WORK

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
hii,
it just wow yaar..
all the facts and pic are amazing..
and intresting..
in all the fact i was known olny 2 or 3 facts..
its superb..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join