It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Science Fictions That Became Science Facts In 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hmm.. A lot of these are exaggerated or don't really exist yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ziplock9000

Which tec are you referring to not being in existence? There still in the prototype phase, not generally available to Joe public.
edit on 6-1-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
the gesture control computers on MInority Report.
The "ball bearings" that join to form a full transformer in Transformers
Lord of the rings and the unrest and fighting in "middle Earth"

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by cranspace

While some of these are amazing feats, Higgs-Boson was never fiction, it was theoretical. Very different. I also take issue with the invisibility cloak, as that is a doctored image and not real. Some of these achievements are truly extraordinary though.

Higgs-Boson was more of a colloquial theory than a scientific theory until recently. And since they didn't -actually- create it, it sort of still is science fiction.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziplock9000
Hmm.. A lot of these are exaggerated or don't really exist yet.

Wrong.

edit on 6-1-2013 by HairlessApe because: video

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Even if these are in prototype phases, it is amazing. Man has ascended from discovering fire, to creating things which were only possible in our imaginations.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

One of the things I find funny in SCIENCE when explaining or trying to replicate extraterrestrials and such stories, is that scientists think it has to be done in the way they think. For example, controling the robotic arm, ok cool but if there are any aliens out there that use their mind to control their spaceships and such, I think that would be a quite different way than the way presented here.

A lot of the things may be done in a way, humans can't even imagine, and the technology or even science behind them may be something undiscovered. Although.. there is nothing bad in trying afterall, you need experiments to reach conclusions

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

very nice post, i just love science, and the time we are living in, we are making good progress , loved that invisible cloak, S+F

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I really enjoyed this post, whether the technology exists or is hidden or whatever it was still a good idea to put it in one place .

Quite a negative response though which is unfortunate. If the sources say it exists then for a thread based on light heartedNess it wouldn't be worth delving into hours of research to confirm or deny something's existence.

That robot thing running across that platform gave me the creeps!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
How come I never heard about any of this??

You would think it would be all over the news...

Can't wait for more! S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would love an invisibility cloak...just think of all the places I can go with that!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
All great stuff. I really enjoy how we advance with science.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Cran,

Title - 25

Thread - 10

You got a lot of stars and flags for half a job. You can have mine when you finish what you started out to do

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I think i may have been living under a rock for a year, I had no idea half of this happened Lol

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Midnight13

How come I never heard about any of this??

You would think it would be all over the news...

Can't wait for more! S&F

After broadcasting the latest celebrity hair cuts there just wasn't enough air time unfortunately

Here is the others

www.buzzfeed.com...
edit on 6-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

lol you think if theyre currently showing the military their working models they're going to put in on a website for you to see before they've even got the contracts signed?

She did bust your balls this technology has been in the works for over a decade.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Abstruse

Thank you for finding that info

That is absolutely amazing stuff

As for all the stuff on this thread guys if you look it up you will see a lot of it is in testing stages but non of this is lies. They are all real projects and results except maybe the invisibility device, as others have stated that will be entirely down to military reasons... makes complete sense to me

Here is a small vid on another "invisible" tech:

Though not invisible in the spectrum it's application is amazing
edit on 6-1-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

As for all the stuff on this thread guys if you look it up you will see a lot of it is in testing stages but non of this is lies. They are all real projects

Indeed!

In fact one of them is available right now to the consumer!
I WILL be purchasing one

Emotiv Brain Computer EEG Headset
edit on 6-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
I would love an invisibility cloak...just think of all the places I can go with that!

Yeah! I love love threads like this, in 2013 you really don't have to go far off from mainstream science media if you want to find the freaky stuff that used to live on conspiracy forums.

The invisibility cloaks are the ones I'm not sure about though. Look at the picture from the site of the woman in front of the wall. If that's an accurate picture of the wall, there must also be a panel behind her, shining light onto the wall, or else the wall would have the shadow of the woman...You can't reflect light that's not there. All this presumes light can be moved a distance with no energy.

But then again, I think most of this stuff is real. That may be too.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
this stuff is kind of neat to see. i wounder what things they have that we dont know about

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join