It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brainwashing is real. And, we have all been brainwashed!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
3 words. Pledge of Allegiance.

think about it.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Like a secret society oath or cult initiation lol... but I guess it used to stand for something a lot more..

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

every day in school, it gets repeated over and over. For years.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America...

Hey, did you just brainwash me??

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
This is why wars and borders will never be a thing of the past.

People forget how nasty other people can be. Once upon a time, you stuck with your own, and this was considered a good thing.

Now it's something to be ashamed of. You're obviously brain washed if you fall for this 'allegiance to your country' guff. You have to be a citizen of mother earth man, groovy and hip to the colours of the rainbow. All humans are equal brother, just different starting points.. get hip and get with it!

And as soon as you fall into accepting that as truth, you're right back where you started, wondering why there are so many wars over assumed borders.

the human species will never ever be a harmonious unified species. No more than fire can burn without fuel, it's only reason for being, is conflagration.

edit on 4-1-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well, your post quite lacking in content but I get your point. Let me expand on it with my personal interpretation.

You pledge allegiance to the Republic: Paramount to the "national pride" mentality of the Nazi regime. In other words, the state is more important than the individual, which contradicts the individualism expressed in the constitution.

One nation under God: This in itself imparts a sense of control over the populace through the guise of faith and religious institution.

To the Flag: The ultimate icon that pulls it all together and encompasses all forces into one "propagandic" symbol.

It all brings us together in times of need or tragedy, but can be exploited to many ends by those that wish to control.

......or maybe I'm way off.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
National pride is nothing mysterious. It is a natural human behavior. It's an expression of unity between people who share a commonality. Team pride, school pride, same thing.

Does that mean it's exploited for nefarious purposes? Depends how you look at it, I guess. When I hear the pledge of allegiance, I think of the constitution and the founding fathers, and how corrupt and tyrannical the current government is. Does it evoke a sense of unity with the government for me? No way. Could it be used as a theme to unify people who share my beliefs? It might.

edit on 4-1-2013 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We're all screwed. We are taught brainwashing from the day we enter this world. I'm sure they will be able to do it in the womb in the future and we will come out talking and have a full wealth of knowledge. A computer could be used in the future to train us all. Hopefully the society that does this will be advanced enough not to leave people who do not comply to their conditioning be born. I think an extremely advanced society would make sure that the proper respect of the Eco-system would be a number one priority. Secondary would be the elimination of greed from society and an equalization of all people that are allowed to be born. A very strict diet regime would be needed to keep from losing perception.

Well, that won't be happening for a thousand years, by then we will look like the greys. I think the greys actually look kind of cute. We aren't far from being able to program a fetus or teach someone without their knowledge through specific light frequencies but the rest of it will take a long time. Greed is a disease.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

It still means something to some of us. There was a feeling in the country then that is missing today. We were part of one big family. There were men and women protecting us in the air and on the ground.

That feeling is gone. Everyone is doing their own thing, expressing their hate for the freedom that was given to them.

I pity those who don't understand why we said the Pledge. You'll never experience what we experienced.

Patriotism is a beautiful thing when it's tempered with reason.
edit on 1/5/2013 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by WP4YT

It still means something to some of us. There was a feeling in the country then that is missing today. We were part of one big family. There were men and women protecting us in the air and on the ground.

That feeling is gone. Everyone is doing their own thing, expressing their hate for the freedom that was given to them.

I pity those who don't understand why we said the Pledge. You'll never experience what we experienced.

Patriotism is a beautiful thing when it's tempered with reason.
edit on 1/5/2013 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

I agree with you 100%. I hardly find this a form of 'brainwashing'. It is right out front with no secrets, or hidden agendas. It is a form of Patriotism.

It was written in 1892, by Francis Bellamy (1855 - 1931), a Baptist minister, wrote the original Pledge in August 1892

His original Pledge read as follows: 'I pledge allegiance to my Flag and (to*) the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.' He considered placing the word, 'equality,' in his Pledge, but knew that the state superintendents of education on his committee were against equality for women and African Americans. [ * 'to' added in October, 1892. ]

Link to origin

If anything, it made me do a little research on its' origins and changes overtime. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Brainwashing? What Brainwashing?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
It is brainwashing.

Children are made to repeat the pledge in school, for an average of 3,240 times until they graduate. Most of them aren't taught and don't understand why they repeat it. But it brainwashes them into being subservient drones who must obey the government at all costs. It alone is the reason that when the gun grabbers come to take all our rights away, no one will stand against them.

Is it really morally right to be making first graders repeat something they cannot possibly comprehend the meaning of?

Let's break it down.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America = a piece of cloth is more important than our rights

and to the Republic for which it stands = we must obey the government at all costs and never question it

one Nation under God, indivisible,= indivisible, you're right because TBTB don't want another revolution or civil war

with liberty and justice for all. = this is just to make it sound more palatable

edit on 6-1-2013 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join