It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We NEED Assalt Rifles....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

One must first understand that Al-Qaeda was created by the CIA. This tells me that the attack of 911 was planned and orchestrated by our own government.

No man... you are missing the point entirely!

Al-Qaeda is capable of defeating the most protected air space on the planet!

We need to arm ourselves against the terrorists because our Government isn't capable of protecting us!

Possibly with shoulder mounted anti-aircraft missile launchers!

Remember 9/11, Never forget! Never Forgive!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

One must first understand that A-Qaeda was created by the CIA. This tells me that the attack of 911 was planned and orchestrated by our own government. In conclusion, the United States government ( as well as others) ARE the terrorists!

I just realised something, that comment you have made a few months ago I would have debated with you. I would have spent ages tapping away on my keyboard telling you how wrong you where to believe that Al-Qa’ida was ever a creation of the CIA.

Now I am not going to get into such a debate with you, not because I agree with you, I don’t, you are wrong. Rather the reason is that this type of ignorance is becoming endemic on ATS, what is the point in correcting you when for you it is a historical fact and I would only end up wasting my time and derailing the thread.

The reason I am say this is because I am amazed at how people will believe things like this, what you have said is historically speaking incorrect yet many on ATS would defend it as historical fact.

Just a passing observation.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Exactly! I mean, why is it so hard to believe that the terrorists are more powerful than the Government?

Clearly we need to supplement our protection against the terrorists by arming as many civilians with as much ordinance as possible!

FOR FREEDOM AND THE AMERICAN WAY!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Maybe you should watch Charlie Wilson's War.
AQ is an outgrowing of the Mujahedin. Which the US sponsored and fed arms to when the Soviets were making war in Afghanistan in the 80's.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
Clearly we need to supplement our protection against the terrorists by arming as many civilians with as much ordinance as possible!

FOR FREEDOM AND THE AMERICAN WAY!

When are you expecting your shipment of ICBM's to your house? Nuke warheads in those btw?

I thought the US was the "Home of the Brave". Seems driven by fear lately imo.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

When are you expecting your shipment of ICBM's to your house? Nuke warheads in those btw?

Now that's just silly.

What American citizen could afford a multi stage intercontinental ballistic missile?

I hear that stinger missiles are cheap enough though...

I thought the US was the "Home of the Brave". Seems driven by fear lately imo.

Are you kidding me?

Have you seen the terror advisory chart?

edit on 3-1-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Your words not mine:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Your words not mine:

Are you saying that terrorists aren't a clear and present danger?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Are you saying that terrorists aren't a clear and present danger?

OMG, OMG. TERRORISTS. Yes that's exactly what I'm saying. When was the last significant terrorist attack on the US? Fear man. I've never seen my brothers from below the border so, IDK, un-American? It's the Home of the Brave for cryin out loud. Not that you would know that today.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Are you saying that we should give up our guns because terrorists don't exist?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

To protect ourselves from the terrorists.

The Terrorists are everywhere! In our schools, in our airports!

Around every corner, planning vicious assaults on the American way, apple pie, and our freedoms!

The way I hear it, you can't even tell who the terrorists are by what they look like! They could be ANY ONE OF US!

And they are ALL heavily Armed! With Explosives! Guns! and Boxcutters!

They hate us for our Freedoms! How do you REASON with madness like that?

So, in summary.... we need our assault rifles to protect ourselves, and our families, from the terrorists.

And high capacity clips are useful because terrorists travel in packs (Known as "Cells")

GO, MY PATRIOT BROTHERS!!! ARM YOURSELVES AGAINST THE TERRORISTS!

Is that you Mr. Bush?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Are you saying that we should give up our guns because terrorists don't exist?

Do you always answer a question with another? That was rhetorical. You still didn't answer mine:

When was the last significant terrorist attack on the US?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Durka Durka Muhammad Jihad.. erm I mean.. Greetings fellow US American poster who I am just like and not a scary brown terrorist with ties to the CIA that is now working with the US military in Syria. It is common knowledge that if you get naked, smear MRE peanut butter all over your body, use of a little of the bluish grape jelly on your lips, wrap yourself in your moms sheet, put a striped dish towel on your head, and carry an AR prominently on your person... you can move amongst my brothers.. erm.. those dirty brown terrorists, kill them all, and become a national American Hero. Stop talking the talk and start walking the walk like a real American!

On a serious note, I dont need an AR personally, but Im not anyone to tell someone what they can or can not have legally. No one in our entire omnipotent and omniscient benevolent govt ( from EITHER SIDE OF THE AISLE) is doing a damned thing about the crime, criminals with guns ( but they sure are legal owners), repeat violent offenders with crimes involving firearms ( revolving door justice) or our deplorable treatment of the mentally ill/troubled children and the origins of those troubles... maybe we should start with these things first. To be sure there are real and present threats by "terrorists" in the true definition of the term, but they arent scary brown foreign folks who want some grapes.. erm virgins.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Are you kidding?

They are foiling terrorist attacks all the time!

The terrorists are EVERYWHERE, which is why we need our assault rifles!

www.examiner.com...

www.heritage.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Oh all the puns I could make off that spelling error.

I better not do it, gonna break the T&C.

Still love you though

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Are you kidding?

"Due to government and media manipulation we now change the national anthem. '...the land of the chained and the home of the scared.'"

That isn't a joke. I love America. What it used to be. Not liking this version.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Are you kidding?

"Due to government and media manipulation we now change the national anthem. '...the land of the chained and the home of the scared.'"

That isn't a joke. I love America. What it used to be. Not liking this version.

Ahh then you will like this book
We have become a culture of fear and when you point this out and confront some of these things.. people would RATHER live in fear and reinforce it rather than change their paradigm. Maybe its just not the time.. or the time has passed.. who knows.
www.goodreads.com...

I have a lot of opinions on this whole culture of fear thing. Some probably not overly popular..and I am a pro 2nd gun owner myself... but I definitely agree with you.. Im not lliking this version. I see emotional reactions to recent events that defy even the thinnest logic.. and our govt playing on our fears. Our govts irrational fears. Most of these things, we simply shouldnt fear at all. Im nearly 50 and things have changed SO rapidly. Maybe my parents generation watched too many soap operas and thought the fairy tale was true and reality was what was unreal and to be feared. WHo knows. I really didnt think I was old enough to remember "the old days"and was sort of offended when I realized I am!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join