It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Grader Suspended for Gun Gesture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Here's the full story.

Welcome to our brave new world.

Make sure you read the article to see how this kid was a repeat offender. Earlier in the day he was sent to the principal's office for pretending his fingers were scissors.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sconner755

The establishment needs to make an example out of someone to implement fear into the others...this is one of their examples...its an old tried and true method of making people "fear you" so they don't disobey you...

its absurd the kid is 6 it was a hand gesture and ya...the consequence is way over the top but that's how mass indoctrination works...we will see more of this.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
All hands should be kept in mittens for safety and only removed from said mittens under supervision by an authority figure.

Any misuse or abuse of said hands will result in prompt destruction of the hands.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Poor kids are getting screwed over by adults unreasonable fears. We used to play Cowboys and Indians all the time, just using GESTURES!

I also used them to communicate my displeasure with other kids. Funny thing though, I never shot anyone......

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

The establishment needs to make an example out of someone to implement fear into the others...this is one of their examples...its an old tried and true method of making people "fear you" so they don't disobey you...

its absurd the kid is 6 it was a hand gesture and ya...the consequence is way over the top but that's how mass indoctrination works...we will see more of this.

Yes, and the fact that the news media runs this story only furthers your point.

There are millions of stories to direct attention to. Why not direct everybody's focus to stories that make people fearful of disobeying the establishment?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I think the school went too far on this one. I think a parent teacher conference with the child present explaining to him that they know he was playing; but why it is not appropriate (these days) to have such behavior.

There should have been no punishment; but there should have been good (private) communication.

Also...this story should never have gone public.

The child may be taunted at school by his peers; and/or suffer mentally and emotionally from this incident.

I am very concerned about this little boy and what this situation is doing to him.

edit on 3-1-2013 by caladonea because: Add more

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Poor kids are getting screwed over by adults unreasonable fears. We used to play Cowboys and Indians all the time, just using GESTURES!

I also used them to communicate my displeasure with other kids. Funny thing though, I never shot anyone......

You realize there's no statute of limitations on those criminal acts. They should be coming for you in about 3 ... 2 ...

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I grew up before the digital age and I am so glad to be in my late 40's now. I would never have made it to anywhere but a prison with today's rules. Instead I grew up healthy, happy, got a great business and good friends.

Were the system to be what it is now I am certain I would not have made it past childhood. It proves to me what is happening to children these day is F'ing insane.

When someone is not trying to kill them someone else is trying to put them in jail or schools for those headed to jail. Bloody unfair it is.

edit on 3-1-2013 by Mamatus because: speeeling

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I think the school went too far on this one. I think a parent teacher conference with the child present explaining to him that they know he was playing; but why it is not appropriate (these days) to have such behavior.

There should have been no punishment; but there should have been good (private) communication.

The child may be taunted at school by his peers; and/or suffer mentally and emotionally from this incident.

I am very concerned about this little boy and what this situation is doing to him.

Exactly what I keep saying. These are "teachable moments." If the school authorities would clear the crap from their minds for just a minute, they'd have the opportunity to defuse things like this and be done with it. Instead, they're acting just like the damn police: They escalate first and then deal with the consequences. If any. I have a feeling this is happening a lot more than we hear about, and in most instances there are no consequences....

edit on 1/3/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
First people lost critical thinking, now they even lost common sense. Our generation is getting screwed badly, next generation have no future at all.

edit on 3-1-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by caladonea

Exactly what I keep saying. These are "teachable moments." If the school authorities would clear the crap from their minds for just a minute, they'd have the opportunity to defuse things like this and be done with it. Instead, they're acting just like the damn police: They escalate first and then deal with the consequences. If any. I have a feeling this is happening a lot more than we hear about, and in most instances there are no consequences....

edit on 1/3/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

Yes, it's a teachable moment.

But not for the student. The teachable moment is for the teacher and the school administrators.

If I were the kids' parent I would teach him a new "gesture" that he could show the teacher and the principal.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

I grew up before the digital age and I am so glad to be in my late 40's now. I would never have made it to anywhere but a prison with today's rules. Instead I grew up healthy, happy, got a great business and good friends.

Were the system to be what it is now I am certain I would not have made it past childhood. It proves to me what is happening to children these day is F'ing insane.

When someone is not trying to kill them someone else is trying to put them in jail or schools for those headed to jail. Bloody unfair it is.

Seriously. I'm a child of the 1950s. In those days we still played competitive games--like marbles. You lose, the other guy takes your marbles. You win, you get the other guys marbles.

Now they don't even have that. Nobody keeps score. Everybody wins, nobody loses. What the hell kind of lesson is that for a child?

But I think you're onto something there: I think soon enough it will come to dividing the kids into those who are going on to be "productive" citizens and those who are headed for re-education camp or prison. Might as well start marking the little bastards now....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

reply to post by Ex_CT2

Seriously. I'm a child of the 1950s. In those days we still played competitive games--like marbles. You lose, the other guy takes your marbles. You win, you get the other guys marbles.

Now they don't even have that. Nobody keeps score. Everybody wins, nobody loses. What the hell kind of lesson is that for a child?

But I think you're onto something there: I think soon enough it will come to dividing the kids into those who are going on to be "productive" citizens and those who are headed for re-education camp or prison. Might as well start marking the little bastards now....

I have one problem with that. I've come to believe anyone can change. (for better or worse)

Hm?

Oh, LMAO at him giong to principal's office for scissor fingers!!! Lock the bastard up!
edit on 1-3-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is beyond ludicrous and should spark a public outcry and I think parents should be protesting the school making a lot of strange gestures with their hands myself, not just playing at pretending they have a gun, but other uses of other fingers too.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I suppose. I'm not interested in arguing either side of it....

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VimanaExplorer
First people lost critical thinking, now they even lost common sense. Our generation is getting screwed badly, next generation have no future at all.

edit on 3-1-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

What's crazy is the 20-something generation is more for this type of stuff than anybody.

And what's this doing to all the other kids in the classroom? We're about to have an entire generation conditioned to think that this stuff is normal.

Kind of reminds me of this...

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if the hat fits!

ONLY IN AMERICA - THE LAND OF THE FREE.

Plain and simple, this is child abuse! But, it's OK cause it is state sanctioned. Stop abusing the children!

P

top topics

join