It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Colonel Presides over U.S. Army Field Promotions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A story about a polite diplomatic ritual posted on the U.S. Army Band website today ...

“When we learned that two senior non-commissioned officers would be promoted while in China, I asked Senior Colonel Zou Rui, commander of the Military Band of the People’s Liberation Army [and the equivalent of a brigadier general] if he would assist me in promoting the Soldiers,” said Palmatier. “It took some time with several translators to explain our customs and what his role would be. Senior Colonel Zou was greatly honored to be part of what may very well be the only U.S. Army promotion ceremony ever co-officiated by a Chinese officer.

bands.army.mil...

... proof of an impending Chinese People's Liberation Army Manchurian Candidate subversion plot of the U.S. government on the Alex Jones Show tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AtticusRye

OR... simply the guests (the US) are treating the hosts (China) with a modicum of respect while in their land. Joint training exercises take place everyday around the globe, a simple promotions ceremony is hardly something to get up & arms about. Unless you believe this has something to do with losing liberty, freedom, and such?

Edit:

... proof of an impending Chinese People's Liberation Army Manchurian Candidate subversion plot of the U.S. government on the Alex Jones Show tomorrow!

After reading that again, I see you're trying to get members riled up. Har har.

On a serious note, the Chinese are hazing this band member!!!! Look the punch he's about to land on his rank!

edit on 2-1-2013 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

OR... simply the guests (the US) are treating the hosts (China) with a modicum of respect while in their land. Joint training exercises take place everyday around the globe, a simple promotions ceremony is hardly something to get up & arms about. Unless you believe this has something to do with liberty, freedom, and such?

oh great, thanks for explaining that

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Oh no...

Alex Jones claims there's an impending Chinese invasion, because we asked some Chinese military to assist with a promotional ceremony.

Well that's it. He must be telling the truth right? Alex never gave anybody ANY reason to think he's just a loud mouthed charlatan has he?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Alex Jones claims there's an impending Chinese invasion,

not that I'm aware of

wow, this thread really went over everyone's collective heads (Maybe we need a sub-forum on ATS where you have to provide your MENSA ID # before being allowed to post?)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

oof of an impending Chinese People's Liberation Army Manchurian Candidate subversion plot of the U.S. government on the Alex Jones Show tomorrow!

If you would like members to not think you are making outrageous claims and then linking to Alex Jones, than perhaps you should make more of an effort to show your sarcasm...

As for the intellect jab, I would suggest you keep the insults to yourself.

ETA: In hindsight you were being sarcastic, so forgive my light rudeness.

~Tenth
edit on 1/2/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/2/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

It's a dig at Jones and the members who have knee-jerk reactions to anything against US protocol, or giving ground to the Chinese, others. I think your sense of humor needs tweaking, not the other way around.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If Mensa ID#'s are required for ATS posting, its going to get VERY quiet around here.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Alex Jones is a hypocrite, he always spreads fear and jumps to silly conclusions.
Like another poster said it is a relation thing, best thing to do isn't it.
But the OP has fallen for his BS, AJ is a showman he is just trying to sell his radio show and books.
edit on 2-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
With the passing of 2012, I don't see the point in making outrageous claims of invasions by other countries. No asteroids or anti Christ yet. Guess we need something else to be afraid of until the next calamity strikes so we can shift the blame to something else besides ourselves.

Some people have to live in a state of continual fear of an outside force for some reason. Not my cup of tea.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Wow ok well the OP didn't "fall for AJ" he was making fun of AJ. Hence the youtube link title "LOL Alex Jones #41 self propelled blubber butt. Am I the only one paying attention? Beside if you play the video it MAKES FUN OF AJ!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Alex Jones is a hypocrite, he always spreads fear and jumps to silly conclusions.
Like another poster said it is a relation thing, best thing to do isn't it.
But the OP has fallen for his BS, AJ is a showman he is just trying to sell his radio show and books.

LOL another one

Attention People - Alex Jones never has talked about this subject. Please read OPs carefully before you furiously pound out replies. This isn't a contest or a race.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ok my bad I just read what was in the op, I can not access the vid for some reason.
Yes it is 3am here I'm poorly and an idiot

Edit: got the vid working and I understand now duurrrrrr

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Ok my bad I just read what was in the op, I can not access the vid for some reason.
Yes it is 3am here I'm poorly and an idiot

Edit: got the vid working and I understand now duurrrrrr

apology accepted

I'm actually quite enjoying this thread. Every new person who comes in here ranting about what an idiot I am gives me a bigger and bigger chuckle.

I don't think the question is really an issue of Conspiracy Theorists vs. The Rational. I think the question is ATS Regulars (conspiracy and non-conspiracy oriented) vs. The Intelligent.

ATS seems to attract a certain type
edit on 2-1-2013 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
nah can't be arsed delete pls.
edit on 3-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

This is a military custom, quite common in fact. The punch you refer to is called "frocking" it's a military custom when you are promoted. I could go into more sordid details about other custom's I have experinced but let the boys be boys, if your not a part you would never understand.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

Oh I was part alright. Look into Kaneoho Marine Base 1997, the hazing that occurred when a LCpl was promoted resulted in the outright ban on hazing that Clinton enacted. It was gruesome. But maybe "frocking" is the kinder word for it today.

new topics

top topics

join