It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you Des

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I dont know but my city just spent millions on a new slogan. It used to be " Timmins, the city with the heart of gold." Now its, " Im In " WTF. 500 people were hired to make it and it took them the whole year to figure it out. Well spent I say..........(sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

No, I do not want to see anyone suffer undeservedly. However, will you admit you were wrong? Does that change anything for you?

Must I repeat myself? I hoped something would change. That's all I had in mind for the 21st of 2012. A change, a resurrection of compassion and empathy. Will I admit I was wrong for wanting this to happen? No, I will not. I was never wrong for wanting that much. The fact that you can't see this kind of scares me, to be honest.

Grow up. It's not about being right, it's about MAKING THINGS RIGHT.

edit on 2-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Repeat yourself? I replied to what you said. You made an assumption that I did not want the world to change. I responded to your post.

The question was will anyone admit they were wrong about nothing happening. The question had nothing to do with did you want the world to change.

Get off your "I wanted the world to change" horse. Many of us want it to and don't turn to misconstrued interpretations of texts to do so. Stop fuming. So much for "love and change." lol

Burning someone pictorially in your post lol does not help you. A bit odd of someone angered by war and violence, unless deep down your a hypocrite.
edit on 2-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Repeat yourself? I replied to what you said. You made an assumption that I did not want the world to change. I responded to your post.

The question was will anyone admit they were wrong about nothing happening. The question had nothing to do with did you want the world to change.

Get off your "I wanted the world to change" horse. Many of us want it to and don't turn to misconstrued interpretations of texts to do so. Stop fuming. So much for "love and change." lol

Burning someone pictorially in your post lol does not help you. A bit odd of someone angered by war and violence, unless deep down your a hypocrite.

Okay. I'll clarify myself - AGAIN.

You and 90% of the skeptics completely missed the point of the 21st of 2012. In my mind, it signifies that absolutely no one on here marked that date on their calendar as a turning point for demonstrating all the love and compassion they wanted to see in the world.

But you're so busy harping on about the "end of the world" that you failed to see the opportunities resented when it didn't actually happen. You missed the point completely, and that's my point here. All it takes for evil to win, is for good men to do nothing. Guess what you're doing? Posting an "I told you so" thread to rub it in.

I rest my case. Have a good one.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
We missed the oppurtunity when nothing happened? Are you serious, that is like saying you didn't save the person in the burning house because the house was not burning! That is really twisting it.

If you take a stance, defend it. Blaming someone for looking for answers can be extended everywhere. Let's not ask why the Romney campaign lost, why climate talks fail, it's rubbing it in. Let's not ask questions.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I fully admit nothing happend.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

We missed the oppurtunity when nothing happened? Are you serious, that is like saying you didn't save the person in the burning house because the house was not burning! That is really twisting it.

If you take a stance, defend it. Blaming someone for looking for answers can be extended everywhere. Let's not ask why the Romney campaign lost, why climate talks fail, it's rubbing it in. Let's not ask questions.

Are we talking about the same planet here? The house IS burning. The people ARE burning. The world IS burning. You are locked in a cage with a vicious tiger, and closing your eyes won't make the animal go away. You think the world isn't in trouble? You are lying to yourself. And you can't fool us.

Or maybe you just have no idea what you're talking about. Get off of your ego trip and stop being part of the problem. It's because of people like you that the solutions haven't been found already. 2012 didn't bring a huge change, and you know what? That disappoints me, because that's another year that people like you won't shut up and actually lend a hand to make this world a better place.

You want the end of an age? BE the end of an age. Help your fellow man to usher in a new golden era. Show them what they can do. Or are you just going to keep beating your chest?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much

Those of you who bantered about an "awakening" do not need to answer as your vague explanation as to why nothing happened has been already used by numerous cults and religions.

My explanation is that something did happen and IS happening. Call it a disturbance in the Force, metaphorically speaking. I made a thread about but surprise it's ignored by the skeptic troll crowd that has been so vocal lately. If you can't debunk it, ignore it eh? Here it is.

Global Consciousness Project Results, August 1998 to December 2012! "Highly Significant"

How many of you will admit you were wrong?

I wasn't wrong since I predicted such a disturbance and posted about it back in November.

edit on 2-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Didn’t anyone tell you…. ATS members are incapable of admitting when they’re wrong.

Most of the reply’s so far on this thread are about how 2012 was never about the end of the world in some kind of fiery apocalypse the correctly talk about how it was the Myan’s talking about a new age of some description when their long count calendar ended. Which in my view is fair enough, these people where not wrong, the prediction essentially was the calendar would end, which it did.

No, the people who do need to admit defeat and hold their hands up and confess that they were wrong where those who created the “doom threads”. If you look through the threads posted during the last couple of years on this forum we have people who clearly thought something more significant that the end of ancient calendar was going to happen. I am talking about the people who created threads about Nibiru, or about how we were due a alien invasion or some galactic alignment of planets was going to kill us all. I am talking about the people who told us that Jesus was to return or that Hell was going to rise up and we were due 3 days of darkness. These are the people who need to admit they were wrong, just like the people who told us there would be some kind of shift in consciousness or a enlightenment of some kind caused by dimensional shifts.

That above people will probably never admit they were wrong, hell some of them are still claiming that something did happen when it clearly didn’t. 21/12/12 turned out be a very boring day coincidently, nothing significant happened and the people who are trying to claim that something did happen just make themselves look totally foolish to the rest of us.

2012, has been debunked, nothing happened but many on ATS never admit when they are wrong, its really quite sad they are so arrogant some of them and others so ignorant that they cannot accept when they are wrong. I have seen people on this site refuse to believe well established historical and scientific facts that a 8 year old would know to be true just because they don’t fit in with their silly little “conspiracies”. 2012 is no different, there are members on ATS who will be telling you for years to come that something did happen.

It’s pathetic these people need to grow a pair and just admit that they were wrong, nobody will think any less of them, I for one would think more of them for it.

So to answer your above question, very few.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Guess what you're doing? Posting an "I told you so" thread to rub it in.

Nope, that’s not what we were doing because ATS effectively banned us from doing so

I can understand the reasons for doing this but springers announcement did lead to loads of threads being removed and any that did stay up being heavily moderated to ensure we didn’t hurt anyone’s feelings in regards to them being “wrong”.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Give it 20 years. Only time will tell if something happened.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I'll make a deal with you...

I'll admit to being wrong just to make you happy; and stop with this "I told you so" quest for stars, flags, attaboys and complements on what a clever young man you are!

Why else would you even start a thread like this?

agreed?

I was wrong!
edit on 2-1-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
First of all, it wasn't the "end of the world". It was the "end of an age".

Second of all, I personally never believed the world would end. I just HOPED it would change, because it NEEDS to change. Turn on BNC, CNN, Fox, Dateline, etc. What do you see? More and more chaos and destruction.

Are you HAPPY nothing happened? One more year of more political bullcrap and disease and war. Yay. Are you happy now? Happy you were right and we were wrong? You're just making us more disappointed in the fact that nothing happened. You're the reason why we WANTED something to happen.

Jeez. The necessity for change wears the face of every arrogant "I told you so"er in here. The people who can't see the need, who are happy that the pain and suffering is able to continue. I could puke.

edit on 2-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I like your post.
exactly..

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by seen2much

Those of you who bantered about an "awakening" do not need to answer as your vague explanation as to why nothing happened has been already used by numerous cults and religions.

My explanation is that something did happen and IS happening. Call it a disturbance in the Force, metaphorically speaking. I made a thread about but surprise it's ignored by the skeptic troll crowd that has been so vocal lately. If you can't debunk it, ignore it eh? Here it is.

Global Consciousness Project Results, August 1998 to December 2012! "Highly Significant"

I wasn't wrong since I predicted such a disturbance and posted about it back in November.

edit on 2-1-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)
That is interesting....but being a skeptical troll, I will have to do my duty.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
So, we aren't in the Age of Aquarius now? I thought this was what was a known variable and did indeed occur.
We've left the Age of Pisces, so the Pope can put away his fish head hat and the Jesus freaks can stop putting the Jesus Fish on their cars.
Does anyone know what the new design is for the Age of Aquarius?
edit on 2-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

What makes you think the "Jesus Fish" had anything to do with the age of aquarius?

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
The simple answers to OP´s question must obviously be "No.".

As noone here in this thread simply accepted that nothing happened. Instead we get the usual "it has and IS happening crap".

I am very curious about the first public appearance of the likes of Wilcock etc. It will be a joy to see them wiggle and worm their way out of this one!

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I agree Night, good post.

I am amazed at how angry these people get for being asked a simple qustion. So much for enlightenement. They remind me of religious forums where it is taboo to ask someone why they believe something or ask them to defend it.

It is obvious 2012 has been a fiasco and a dud. Most of us want the world to change and are active. The fact that we do not depend on meso-american myths and new age nonesense should not make us any less a bleeding heart. IT is obvious many here who defended the 2012 dud no longer can defend themselves and must resort to name calling, projection and fits of "righteous anger."

Admit it or not, the emperor has no clothes. However, heaven forbid his servants should say so.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The answers here a most strange a straight forward question but defensive rebuttials. Oh well and no I didn't think the world was going to end any more than I thought the government would come through with a meaningful agreement.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The reason the OP is asking us because the majority of the posters in this forum most certainly called the skeptics shills disinfo agents and sheeple. And afterinfinity, despite what he says now, was one of them

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join