It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There's nothing wrong with being wrong - it's when you make a bigger deal out of the problem than finding the solution, that's when people get upset.

The issue is learning from the situation.

There is nothing wrong with being wrong unless it is the same mistake over, and over, and over again. That's a problem. Here are real examples of repeated mistakes:

1. People taking "natural herbals" and not informing their doctors. People die each year or are injured due to interactions.
2. People being taken by phone scammers time and time again.
3. People being fleeced by con artists claiming to be shaman and whatever.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
reply to post by ObservingYou

No, it isn't. It is a direct question that has not been asked directly in a thread. I want to know if anyone will admit they were wrong. I would like to see them "awaken" from the 2012 idiocy and look within.

This is what I wrote in page 1.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

The entire thread is a "I Told You So Thread" it's just named differently. And I have been paying attention to the thread, and I see it as him wanting change, not being "better" than, or superior to. anyone.

So you think that his change including slaughtering dissenters and sending dissenters into space is okay?

Virtually nothing spouted by AfterInfinity has anything to do with the topic of the thread.

The issue is whether or not people recognize the failure of 2012. After that the next effort is to look for ways in avoiding being conned by the next hoax.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

So you think that his change including slaughtering dissenters and sending dissenters into space is okay?

If that's all you took from my posts, then I suppose I can't be surprised you don't understand what I'm talking about.

Virtually nothing spouted by AfterInfinity has anything to do with the topic of the thread.

Refer to my above response.

The issue is whether or not people recognize the failure of 2012. After that the next effort is to look for ways in avoiding being conned by the next hoax.

Correct. My point is that since you're so bent upon examining the failure of any significant change in the world as per 2012, maybe you should examine what you've done to change the world. How is that not related to the topic?

Let me be clearer. The reason there has been no change is because of what you've done to change the world. And by 'you', I mean everyone on Abovetopsecret.com, Facebook, Twitter, and even the ones who don't bother with technology. Everyone has a role to play, and if there has been no change as a result of 2012, that means they didn't play their role hard enough. They didn't do everything they could have.

That includes OP, and that includes you. So instead of pointing fingers and laying blame, take a moment to consider how you could have changed the outcome of 2012. Every single moment you spent berating others for hoping for change, you could have been out there making that change happen. Then you would have reason to come back and say, "I did this. What did you do for 2012?"

That's as clear as I can make it. If you choose to ignore my message and continue banging on your chest, then that's your decision. But I want to make it clear to ATS that the only reason nothing happened, as I said before, is because we chose (myself included) to post threads about the world instead of changing the world.

Is it any surprise we didn't get anywhere?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Just a Reminder~~~

ATS is not a place for bickering and finger-pointing.
If members cannot discuss the topic instead of each other, it will be surmised that the topic has run its course.
And be closed.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much

The point of the thread is that the first step in avoiding being hoodwinked in the future is to recognize that this was a hoax, a scam, a fraud, a con. After that realization the next move is to learn how to avoid being duped in the future.

The frauds are out there. They will try to take your money, your property, your identity, whatever they think they can take. The 2012 hoax is a great place to learn and avoid being scammed in future endeavors.

There is always going to be "end of the world" prophecies, and people will always find ways to make money off of it. Now getting people to say "Oh I was wrong about the world ending in 2012" is not going to fix this at all. I don't see how you think it will when they've been wrong before, they obviously realize they were wrong, and they still believed in this one. It's never going to change.

edit on 8-1-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Just a Reminder~~~

ATS is not a place for bickering and finger-pointing.
If members cannot discuss the topic instead of each other, it will be surmised that the topic has run its course.
And be closed.

You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Moderator, you may close this thread as I believe, like misconstrued Mayan belief, it has run its course.

I have maintained my decorum and civility. I cannot speak for others, but I can speak for myself.

Stereo and John thanks for the surgical wit. I hope to see more of it.

Infinity, get better soon.

I am going on to fresh woods and pastures new (other forums).

Moderator, do as you wish.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Hopefully, we will see more productive threads from you in the future. This one was bound to fail. Let's make the change instead of bemoaning the necessity or berating those who hope for it.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Wasn't much of a course to run.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I researched into 2012, and spent many years doing so. I always approached it with an open mind and skepticism.

There were many theories as to what might happen, and none of those theories panned out.

I will not apologize for being open minded and being curious about what might happen.

I will not apologize for coming on to a conspiracy website and talking to what I thought, were like minded people, to see what they thought. Instead, I found more ignorance than anything.

I will admit that that the theories were wrong as to the dec 21 end date. However, I can't admit to the theories being wrong.

We still live in very interesting times, and it is very possible that we could see an end of the world event within our lifetimes.

Never before has a generation of human beings, been the deciding factor if there will be another generation to come. It is up to us, to create a future for the next generation. That is a very scary thought.

America is on the brink of financial collapse, and the clock is ticking. In late feb/ early march, the debt ceiling is needed to be raised. The government will have spent 200 billion in extra ordinary measures before the ceiling is even raised. Currently, they do not have enough money to even pay the interest on the existing debt. They will need to raise the ceiling in order to borrow more money, to pay back the interest on the money they have already borrowed. This is unsustainable. You can only pay off a credit card with another credit card, until they are both maxed out, and the interest becomes too much to pay out of pocket. That is what is happening, and that is the crisis america is faced with in the next few months. What will happen? It could very well mean the beginning of the end.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

If that's all you took from my posts, then I suppose I can't be surprised you don't understand what I'm talking about.

I am quite clear about what you posted. You made it very clear that you are angry, hateful, spiteful, and openly posted that you cannot tolerate dissenters and would like them killed off. No mistaking what you wrote. The rest has been off topic commentary unrelated to the thread.

Refer to my above response.

You can't pretend otherwise. Almost nothing you have posted has been about the hoax of 2012 and those that believe in it and the refusal of some to admit that it was a complete and utter failure.

Correct. My point is that since you're so bent upon examining the failure of any significant change in the world as per 2012, maybe you should examine what you've done to change the world. How is that not related to the topic?

The point of the thread is whether or not those that believed in the 2012 claims have come to grips with the failure of all of those claims. Your question is off topic.

Let me be clearer. The reason there has been no change is because of what you've done to change the world. And by 'you', I mean everyone on Abovetopsecret.com, Facebook, Twitter, and even the ones who don't bother with technology. Everyone has a role to play, and if there has been no change as a result of 2012, that means they didn't play their role hard enough. They didn't do everything they could have.

I and other know what off topic posts you have made and they continue to be off topic.

So instead of pointing fingers and laying blame

Only you are trying to be of topic and doing any of this. No one else is falling for this continued irrelevant and uninteresting commentary.

In fact, it is clear that you did nothing and continue to do nothing for your fellow humans. Your many hateful posts show all of us that you probably have no intention of ever helping anyone. No matter, that's off topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Havox

There is always going to be "end of the world" prophecies, and people will always find ways to make money off of it. Now getting people to say "Oh I was wrong about the world ending in 2012" is not going to fix this at all. I don't see how you think it will when they've been wrong before, they obviously realize they were wrong, and they still believed in this one. It's never going to change.

You are quite correct that there will always be a doofus to make doofus claims. What is important is to get people to recognize these claims as being nothing more than a silly story from a silly horse's ass. When people learn to disregard these stories, then there is less incentive for people to concoct such stories.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Hopefully, we will see more productive threads from you in the future. This one was bound to fail. Let's make the change instead of bemoaning the necessity or berating those who hope for it.

There will always be those that cannot learn. That's to be expected.

There are those that obviously stated that next time they will try to avoid being hoodwinked. Even if only a single person got the message that is a step forward. Actually, quite a few people posting in the thread took the step forward. To them

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I will admit that that the theories were wrong as to the dec 21 end date. However, I can't admit to the theories being wrong.

You've got me curious.

Which claims of 2012 had any possibility of being true? I saw not a single claim with any sensibility to them. Maybe I overlooked something.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You've got me curious.

Which claims of 2012 had any possibility of being true? I saw not a single claim with any sensibility to them. Maybe I overlooked something.

A change in the outlook of the human species. I've seen that claim made quite a few times. Regardless of the cause, most were hoping for a more peaceful future. Obviously, that didn't happen.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

A change in the outlook of the human species. I've seen that claim made quite a few times. Regardless of the cause, most were hoping for a more peaceful future. Obviously, that didn't happen.

You are right in saying that none of the hopes of an easy button happened due to 2012 wishful thinking.

There is no easy button and there will never be an easy button. That is why I:
1. Collect food for the food kitchen
2. Glen fields to stock the soup kitchen
3. Volunteer at the local elementary school
4. Work with youth groups
5. Worked on reforestation projects
6. Build and set up birdhouse trails
7. Work on invasive species elimination projects
8. Attend and speak at budget hearings on educational issues

These are some of the ways I try to improve my community. Every little bit makes a difference.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I was just slightly more than a fence sitter in the whole debacle. I did practice discernment, but so wanted to believe in a better world. Looking at it now, it was so silly. A bunch of hooey and I feel like a complete fool for even entertaining the idea. Archangel Michael doing radio interviews! Lord this and Mother that. The Neptune. The channellings. The GFL. Ascended masters on every corner. And yes ladies and gentlemen, we were going to ascend to the fifth dimension where we could manifest any little old thing we wanted, travel to other planets, be young, healthy and beautiful again. The schlock was endless. And it is still going on you know. That's the real clincher. Good gawd. I am an adult educated woman. So yes I will say it. I was wrong. UGH. And bless all those who were hurt by it .

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 1007532013

I was just slightly more than a fence sitter in the whole debacle. I did practice discernment, but so wanted to believe in a better world. Looking at it now, it was so silly. A bunch of hooey and I feel like a complete fool for even entertaining the idea.

The sad product of being ridiculed for wanting a better future.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by 1007532013

I was just slightly more than a fence sitter in the whole debacle. I did practice discernment, but so wanted to believe in a better world. Looking at it now, it was so silly. A bunch of hooey and I feel like a complete fool for even entertaining the idea.

The sad product of being ridiculed for wanting a better future.

Well then get off your high horse and do something make the world a better place in whatever small way you can. Do charity work, help out at a soup kitchen, donate to good causes, whatever. Anything other than sitting on your butt and praying for the sky wizards to come along and wave the magic wand for you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

Anything other than sitting on your butt and praying for the sky wizards to come along and wave the magic wand for you.

Never said anything about sky wizards. I have only ever stated that it is our collective responsibility to make a difference. And every single person gloating about being right is only right because they didn't make the difference. A rather piss poor thing to be proud of, quite frankly.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join