It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by RussianScientists

Your riddle is the sort of silly introduction one of the 2012 hoaxers used. Sorry, but your fairy tale has run out of steam.

2012 was a simple plan to separate the gullible from their cash. It did. How much did you pass on the hoaxers of 2012?

Don't go spreading the bull stereologist. You were a 2012 person from the beginning. The closer it got the more and more you started swinging the other way.
edit on 8-1-2013 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If Stereo was a 2012er and left, good for him. He will have provided a fine example of truly awakening, well done if it is true. Good for him! You should follow in his footsteps.

I once believed in organized religion but I awoke. I hope more do so as well.

That is why I am asking this question. I want to know if anyone has the guts to admit it was nonesense and admit it. Admit it and move on, bravely treading new inner territory of a freed soul, to use poetic metaphor.

Take a breath of fresh air, free of new-age bad breath (sorry for the poetic liscense).

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Don't go spreading the bull stereologist. You were a 2012 person from the beginning. The closer it got the more and more you started swinging the other way.

I've worked with teenagers and when they have nothig to say and they want to lash out instead of admitting mistakes they say asinine things such as, "Well you did that." No matter how preposterous or absurd that is they say it. I guess it makes them feel better about their own failings.

What is your excuse for making a nonsense post?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I've worked with teenagers and when they have nothig to say and they want to lash out instead of admitting mistakes they say asinine things such as, "Well you did that." No matter how preposterous or absurd that is they say it. I guess it makes them feel better about their own failings.

What is your excuse for participating in a negative thread? I repeat this thread has no point except to make the OP and his posse look like a gang of jackasses determined to earn a gold star for themselves by making everyone regret the fact that the world didn't end.

"Oh look at me I was right the world isn't ending haha I'm so proud now I'm going to point my finger in everyone's face and make them feel like a total idiot for not listening to me haha I'm the bestest and smartest in the world!"

You pull this kind of crap on the street and you get your hindquarters handed to you, roasted, on a gleaming silver platter. Every negative nancy on here needs a bot up the rear and a shovel so they can go do something productive, like dig themselves into a new hole. This one's deep enough, I think.

OP, don't bother reproducing. I might vote for abortion just to keep attitudes like this off of the street. It does no one any good to focus on who made the mistake instead of who has the solution.
edit on 8-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Do you have a point beyond venting your anger and frustration? You need to read your posts as though they were addressed to you. It might help you see what everyone else sees.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Do you have a point beyond venting your anger and frustration? You need to read your posts as though they were addressed to you. It might help you see what everyone else sees.

...Are you freaking blind? Read the OP's posts. All of them. Absorb all of his condescension and his ignorance. See all the crap he has to give about the condition the world is in, versus all the crap he has to give about being right for once in his life. If you still don't see the point I'm making, then I have nothing further to say to you. I'm making a very simple case of caring about the world regardless of some stupid number on a calendar, and all he wants to do is hang on the same dead horse.

If you care that much, do something about it instead of being an annoying prick. In case you haven't noticed, the majority of ATS is ignoring your stupid egotrip. Take off your diaper, put on your big boy pants, and join the rest of us at the grown up table. That's my message to the OP, but it applies to the rest of you as well.

If you STILL don't understand, then you are deliberately not understanding, and I have no interest in playing that game with you. Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

All you continue to do is demonstrate that 2012 believers will continue to defend a remarkably well failed position. You defend the position with hate, and threats of murder and violence. It's in your posts time after time after time. Count to 10 or you'll end up dying early from health problems.

I'm making a very simple case of caring about the world regardless of some stupid number on a calendar, and all he wants to do is hang on the same dead horse.

This is the 2012 forum. Moving the goalposts was a constant tactic of the 2012 believers. Not only is it clear that the 2012 believers won't admit error, but some plan to continue using the same flawed methods.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Are you freaking blind? Read the OP's posts. All of them. Absorb all of his condescension and his ignorance. See all the crap he has to give about the condition the world is in, versus all the crap he has to give about being right for once in his life. If you still don't see the point I'm making, then I have nothing further to say to you. I'm making a very simple case of caring about the world regardless of some stupid number on a calendar, and all he wants to do is hang on the same dead horse.

If you would stop throwing your tantrum for a moment and actually read what the people you have been shrieking at have been saying, you would realize that we all agree that making a positive change in the world does not depend on a date on a calendar. Again, I suggest you read your own posts in order to understand yourself a little better.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Not sure who's more arrogant, you or the guy who made this thread.
This entire thread is pointless. It's just big headed people who didn't think anything was going to happen, and feel like they're better than everyone who did. Obviously the people who believed something was going to happen know they're wrong, who cares if they openly admit it, it makes absolutely no difference.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Thank you! I keep thinking I'm not explaining it clearly enough, and I'm loathe to just leave them thinking they're better than everyone else. I don't care what it's about, you don't honk your horn just because we get to look forward to a hundred more years of the same bullcrap.

And the people whose noses you're rubbing don't need your grubby paws in their face to realize this hell isn't going anywhere any time soon. I wish I could get them to see, but maybe these jerks just aren't going to listen. It saddens me to think that any part of ATS would be tainted by such repulsive attitudes. There's nothing wrong with being wrong - it's when you make a bigger deal out of the problem than finding the solution, that's when people get upset.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Thank you! I keep thinking I'm not explaining it clearly enough, and I'm loathe to just leave them thinking they're better than everyone else. I don't care what it's about, you don't honk your horn just because we get to look forward to a hundred more years of the same bullcrap.

Who are you to explain it all to us? Do you think that you're better than us? You are the one who is convinced that humanity's situation is hopeless, and have expressed a desire for humanity to be eradicated. Why do you think you are so much better than the rest of mankind? Doesn't that strike you as being a bit arrogant?

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

He's explaining his view on it. He also didn't say that he was better than mankind.. he's saying he doesn't like what it's come to, which is the same view that many, many people have. Being one of those "I told you so" people strikes me as being arrogant.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

He's explaining his view on it. He also didn't say that he was better than mankind.. he's saying he doesn't like what it's come to, which is the same view that many, many people have. Being one of those "I told you so" people strikes me as being arrogant.

I don't think you have been paying attention to the thread. His misanthropy is impossible not to notice, nor his posture of spiritual superiority. Nowhere have I ever said "I told you so."

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The entire thread is a "I Told You So Thread" it's just named differently. And I have been paying attention to the thread, and I see it as him wanting change, not being "better" than, or superior to. anyone.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by stereologist

What is your excuse for participating in a negative thread? I repeat this thread has no point except to make the OP and his posse look like a gang of jackasses determined to earn a gold star for themselves by making everyone regret the fact that the world didn't end.

"Oh look at me I was right the world isn't ending haha I'm so proud now I'm going to point my finger in everyone's face and make them feel like a total idiot for not listening to me haha I'm the bestest and smartest in the world!"

You pull this kind of crap on the street and you get your hindquarters handed to you, roasted, on a gleaming silver platter. Every negative nancy on here needs a bot up the rear and a shovel so they can go do something productive, like dig themselves into a new hole. This one's deep enough, I think.

OP, don't bother reproducing. I might vote for abortion just to keep attitudes like this off of the street. It does no one any good to focus on who made the mistake instead of who has the solution.

You need help, serious help. You need, "love and light." You need......Mozart.

Your violent rants are disturbing, your pretentiousness is disturbing, you need Mozart.

Get better.

To the others claiming I am arrogant: I am inquisitive. You all made a preposterous claim and talked down to humanity. As if you knew, and know, better than the rest. Well your prophecy failed and now you have nothing to show for it, nothing besides anger at those that disagree. You are in essence just like Muslim, Jewish, Christian, and Hindu zealots. You people fear questioning. Your fear critical thought. You claimt to be light bearers but would have us all in the dark by wishing we would stop asking, "why, who, what where and when."

You cannot change yourselves and wish to change the world. That is true arrogance on the level of Caiphus.

In the end you are hateful because humanity is not made in your image or that of your beliefs that make as much sense as a 60's cult. You defamed the great Mayan civilization and Western civilization. Humanity in many parts of the world has moved past a dus ex machina.

Grow up. I would say to Wahhabis it is not the 7th century. Now I say to you: this is not pre-Columbia, it is no longer 2012.

Get over yourselves.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

My position of hoping for change is not failed. I didn't believe anything would happen, I only hoped something would happen. The human race cannot survive like this.

In other words you are having a side discussion outside of the topic.

They were praying for some kind of change. And now, their prayers have gone unanswered. They have their disappointment and depression to deal with, even without your annoying attitude of superiority.

The point of the thread is that the first step in avoiding being hoodwinked in the future is to recognize that this was a hoax, a scam, a fraud, a con. After that realization the next move is to learn how to avoid being duped in the future.

The frauds are out there. They will try to take your money, your property, your identity, whatever they think they can take. The 2012 hoax is a great place to learn and avoid being scammed in future endeavors.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

Not sure who's more arrogant, you or the guy who made this thread.
This entire thread is pointless. It's just big headed people who didn't think anything was going to happen, and feel like they're better than everyone who did. Obviously the people who believed something was going to happen know they're wrong, who cares if they openly admit it, it makes absolutely no difference.

2012 was a hoax. Some people just do not want to admit they were taken.

People get taken in other scams. They get ripped off in business deals. They make excuses that it was just bad luck that the business went downhill instead of admitting to themselves that they were duped. Criminals have counted on that to avoid prosecution.

Does it make a difference? It sure can, absolutely.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havox
reply to post by DJW001

The entire thread is a "I Told You So Thread" it's just named differently. And I have been paying attention to the thread, and I see it as him wanting change, not being "better" than, or superior to. anyone.

Far be it from me to say "I told you so" when what I said happened. My thread was a simple, but deep question. Will you admit you were wrong and what will you do with it?

Is it wrong to state a fact, when many (even now) cannot face them. That would be like Galileo being arrogant for saying "I told you so..now will you change the textbooks." Would that b arrogant or a pleading for sanity.

Your "lightworkers" have used violent imagery and violent, ad hominem language. Who is being arrogant. Who wants to bully someone into their position? Yet, they claim to want a happy world of love and laughter...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The point of the thread is that the first step in avoiding being hoodwinked in the future is to recognize that this was a hoax, a scam, a fraud, a con. After that realization the next move is to learn how to avoid being duped in the future.

The frauds are out there. They will try to take your money, your property, your identity, whatever they think they can take. The 2012 hoax is a great place to learn and avoid being scammed in future endeavors.

Yes, well said: that is it in large part, many thanks.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join