It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for 2012ers: Will You Admit You Were Wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It is a simple question. I do not mean to anger anyone but hope the failure of either earth-shattering events which was predicted by most, by most, did not happen. Unless the "Fiscal Deal" counts as a sign, we can easily say the date was a dud. It is time to look within and not to shady shamans.

Those of you who bantered about an "awakening" do not need to answer as your vague explanation as to why nothing happened has been already used by numerous cults and religions.

How many of you will admit you were wrong?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

The MAYANS never said that the world was gonna end on 21 Dec.
It was the stupid people who did.
Stop blaming the Mayans and Shamans.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Dead horse?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I did not mean the Mayans, whom I have defended over and over again or reputable shamans. The Mayans created an amazing civilization that deserves to be studied with the same respect as other great ones.

Let me be more specific: fake shamans and new-age gurus like David Wilcock etc...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

No, it isn't. It is a direct question that has not been asked directly in a thread. I want to know if anyone will admit they were wrong. I would like to see them "awaken" from the 2012 idiocy and look within.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

How many more of these threads do we need. I think we need an "I told you so" forum. Come on folks, the horse is dead, stop beating him.

This is a conspiracy forum. It has a predictions and prophecies forum. I have seen nothing in the rules that say they have to be true. Just that they have to be on topic. If we don't like them, we don't have to read them.

No offense intended OP.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
First of all, it wasn't the "end of the world". It was the "end of an age".

Second of all, I personally never believed the world would end. I just HOPED it would change, because it NEEDS to change. Turn on BNC, CNN, Fox, Dateline, etc. What do you see? More and more chaos and destruction.

Are you HAPPY nothing happened? One more year of more political bullcrap and disease and war. Yay. Are you happy now? Happy you were right and we were wrong? You're just making us more disappointed in the fact that nothing happened. You're the reason why we WANTED something to happen.

Jeez. The necessity for change wears the face of every arrogant "I told you so"er in here. The people who can't see the need, who are happy that the pain and suffering is able to continue. I could puke.

edit on 2-1-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

How many more of these threads do we need. I think we need an "I told you so" forum. Come on folks, the horse is dead, stop beating him.

This is a conspiracy forum. It has a predictions and prophecies forum. I have seen nothing in the rules that say they have to be true. Just that they have to be on topic. If we don't like them, we don't have to read them.

No offense intended OP.

Your point is a valid one but this question was not asked directly. I just want to see if the lack of anything remotely eventful led some to admit they were wrong and change their viewpoint.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No, I do not want to see anyone suffer undeservedly. However, will you admit you were wrong? Does that change anything for you?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There will always be a new End of the World date to look forward to

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Would it make you feel superior if anyone did admit they were wrong. What is the point of this thread, other than you feeling somewhat better about yourself.....

Des

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I do not feel superior, that is your projection.

A prophecy was made. People advocated it. It did not happen. I have a right to question it as it was publicly defened as true.

My question is simple. I held that nothing would happen. Nothing did.

I just want to know who is willing to admit it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Of course nothing happened...what makes you think you were the only person who didn't think anything would happen.

So, now you want to take all kinds of credit for nothing happening. Kind of a big ego there buddy. Especially now that you are *demanding* people give you some ego food...

Des

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So, we aren't in the Age of Aquarius now? I thought this was what was a known variable and did indeed occur.
We've left the Age of Pisces, so the Pope can put away his fish head hat and the Jesus freaks can stop putting the Jesus Fish on their cars.
Does anyone know what the new design is for the Age of Aquarius?
edit on 2-1-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I never thought that the world would end or that there would be some awaking but come on my friend wouldn't it be better to leave it alone? I am sure that there is people out there that feel silly and ashamed but what good can come from trying to get them to apologize? The date has past and nothing happened, people know what they said and can't go back, the best thing to do is look forward to 2013 and make it a good year.
edit on 2/1/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I am not taking credit for anything, sorry you feel that way.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
I never thought that the world would end or that there would be some awaking but come on my friend wouldn't it be better to leave it alone? I am sure that there is people out there that feel silly and ashamed but what good can come from trying to get them to apologize? The date has past and nothing happened, people know what they said and can't go back, the best thing to do is look forward to 2013 and make it a good year.
edit on 2/1/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

The fish hats won't go away. Many people feel the need to be special and saved, either by a mountain storm god and his son, Quetzocatl, or Matreya.

God forbid they should believe in themselves!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shivaX

I agree, it was the end of a calendar. I wont lie, I was worried for a split second but in the end it really doesnt matter. You either die or you dont. So to you OP, why does it even matter to hear these people come out and say they were wrong. WHO CARES!!! Live your life as it was your last day because you never know when your apocalypse will hit you right in the ass. Yeah they were wrong and either feel stupid or made some stupid excuse for why it didnt happen... like you said. As for that, let it die just like the date.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Just the post I was looking for! Thanks Dave!

It matters because when you have a belief or make a statement be prepared to defend it. If you are proven wrong what is wrong with asking one how they have dealt with it?

Be supersensitive if you like. When you claim something be prepared to answer for it.
edit on 2-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by seen2much because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join