It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on here? Sandy Hook threads 404'd everyday!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

So because people are registered here before 2012 it gives them the right to act like idiots? It is like me saying to you that anyone that has ever died in your family is alive and well and living in a government facility, don't you dare question how I know this information. That is very arrogant to think that because you are here longer you think your opinion is somehow more important than someone who registered this year. Thank god we have older members like you to bring a bit of class

edit on 2/1/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

Actually you know... its also curious that yet another embryo has to come here to defend other embryos.

Now take a look at the posts. In every thread. Notice who are the members saying "do's" and who are the members saying "don'ts" and you'll come up with a pretty nifty pattern.

EDIT: And yes, I dont have class and I'm an idiot and a cretin... but you know why? Because I used to love this forum. You know what I do EVERYDAY since 2005? I always end up my day having one or two smokes reading ATS. It has become part of my daily life and I'm seeing it being destroyed and declining day by day. Have you seen anything you love fall apart day after day after day? Its like having someone with cancer in your family... and if I'm outraged? YES. Its almost anger actually... I do love this website but freakin HATE what is becoming... and I have no idea if its the fact that became widely known, the new members than come here talking about daily politics that you can turn on your tv and see it for yourself, the amount of "nothing new to the table" this website is seeing... I dont know.

But you know... I do blame you "new censoring young blood" for ruining something I love. I'm sorry but I do. Like I said... you have NO idea the members we had. And you know... back then, I wouldnt DARE to flame anyone because I would actually admit that those guys were really AHEAD of me and I had so many interesting things to read that I posted a few here and there but was never a big poster - as you can see from my post count - why? Because things were interesting and I love to listen... but now? Seriously... you had to know the past ATS to understand me... I love ATS and its going down like a meteor, its scary.
edit on 2-1-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

Wow... you're scared because a private website is maintaining a high standard for its content. What else scares you?

No, not getting one's way on ATS isn't the same as watching family members die of cancer, unless of course one is a self-absorbed, narcissistic drama queen.

Then it might be close.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I didn't know that "back in the good old days" meant smearing grieving families with tasteless and baseless claims of a conspiracy.

If they actually carried any merit, they wouldn't be deleted.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius2150
reply to post by sconner755

I know what you mean and I fully support what SkepticOverlord said, but hear me out. That was right when the shootings happened, ats went into turbo! The reasonable threads got washed with the bull* everything was messy and no one knew what was going on.

That said, now it has been two and a half weeks later, and in my opinion this is the time when deeper information from an atrocious event starts to rise to the public.

Nice theory, except no deeper information is rising to the public. Unless you mean newly uploaded YouTube videos with the same old crap in them.

I can assure you Robbie Parker is Emilie's father. Emilie Parker was one of the victims. She did not sit on Obama's lap.

I can also assure you that the other 19 kids were victims, as well as the 6 adults at the school.

The car was Nancy Lanza's.

There are no other suspects.

Kids were not flying kites outside while the school was in lock down.

Perhaps when there are documents released that would be the time to make conjectures re the content of the documents. Or maybe new witnesses will make statements that contradict what every news story, what every witness, and what every person of authority has described - Adam Lanza went to the school by himself and killed 26 people.

When there is evidence, not speculation, that contradicts that, then it would make sense to discuss that. Wildly foolish conjecture is not evidence or anything except a fertile imagination.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

If "high standard" means "behaving like CNN or any MSM source"... then yea, we have a super high standard here. And it goes double also, so high it is.

I hope you never have to live one day of your life without freedom of speech.

Like I said... dont like a thread or a subject, dont read it, dont participate but let the others make their own minds about it. Do not try to shape anything according to your vision, your concepts or even your values.

Actually it applies to this thread also... why do you bother to come here constantly checking if theres something else to contradict and calling drama queen to people when you could be outside, helping an old blind lady cross the street or reading any other interesting thread of "high quality"? Why you keep on coming into a "low quality thread" expressing your indignation to my right to indignation?

You make no sense... you and others that live and breathe in this forums with the sole purpose of trying to implode a thread. This is much more than "being a drama queen"... you just have poor judgment and for that you have my forgiveness...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

I didn't know that "back in the good old days" meant smearing grieving families with tasteless and baseless claims of a conspiracy.

If they actually carried any merit, they wouldn't be deleted.

Chad I was talking about this weird video and its blood ritual related theory. I didnt see anything smeared on that video and like I said, even if it is extremely far-fetched you can actually learn a thing or two there are true, plus this is what ATS was all about - the weird and tied up links that people could actually make betwee, their chair and planet venus. Sometimes it was weird enough for you to stop and think "wow this bs actually makes sense altho I know its crazy, but the connections are good... even if fantasy"..

Like food for thought... like the Terra Papers or Ancient Aliens... this is what about ATS was! The off-mainstream way of looking at things... some were terrible some were actually awesome. From Titor to Lear... we had a sweet run!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sconner755

Originally posted by Aquarius2150

I know what you mean and I fully support what SkepticOverlord said, but hear me out. That was right when the shootings happened, ats went into turbo! The reasonable threads got washed with the bull* everything was messy and no one knew what was going on.

That said, now it has been two and a half weeks later, and in my opinion this is the time when deeper information from an atrocious event starts to rise to the public.

Nice theory, except no deeper information is rising to the public. Unless you mean newly uploaded YouTube videos with the same old crap in them.

I can assure you Robbie Parker is Emilie's father. Emilie Parker was one of the victims. She did not sit on Obama's lap.

I can also assure you that the other 19 kids were victims, as well as the 6 adults at the school.

The car was Nancy Lanza's.

There are no other suspects.

Kids were not flying kites outside while the school was in lock down.

Perhaps when there are documents released that would be the time to make conjectures re the content of the documents. Or maybe new witnesses will make statements that contradict what every news story, what every witness, and what every person of authority has described - Adam Lanza went to the school by himself and killed 26 people.

When there is evidence, not speculation, that contradicts that, then it would make sense to discuss that. Wildly foolish conjecture is not evidence or anything except a fertile imagination.

Please do not hesitate in presenting proof of "what you can assure" so we can uphold our high standards. What can you assure and wheres the proof of it. Its GREAT that you can come up with it so this issue can be put at rest. Would love you could close this!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of what the once Mighty Above Top Secret has become. This is exactly the kind of crap that derails a honest conversation.

Think about that word for a min, I'll wait.

To have a conversation with someone means each party banters back and forth (that part we have got down to a tee) but the most IMPORTANT part is that you listen and not try to belittle the other person or mock there intelligence or put them down to pump your own tire. If you don't like a thread or what a poster said instead of lashing out maybe try to look at things from there point of view. Ask questions politely is that so hard to ask???

And Todzer your avatar is of the Anonymous mask, do they not despise censorship with a passion? Expect us

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

It is a guy fawkes mask, the mask has been around for hundreds of years before it was adopted by them.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I am not advocating censorship, my opinion on the subject was said twice already....

XL5

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
When a bunch of people come into ATS and want censorship of the shooting and all of a sudden one has to wonder what part of the world or anti-conspiracy forum they came from. Its almost like a bunch of vegans came to disrupt a meat lovers forum by calling them insensitive to vegans! Muscle cars Vs. ricers, guns Vs. anti-guns and UK Vs. USA.

I don't think ANY one likes new people showing up and saying people who have been around for a long time should not discuss things as they always have in the past. It WAS better in the past by the way, not many 9/11 threads got shut down and if they did, clear T&C were broken many many times by every one, not just a few. To 404 a thread just because a couple people shook the hornet nest is like that time a teacher said that the class is not going on a trip because 2 people can not behave. It stinks of what ever that smell was back in grade school.

The people who were here a long time see it slipping into some pre-made one size fits all news site that is very watered down that it might be better to look out your window to see whats going on. I hope ATS doesn't 404 everything and boils it down to: UFO's=maybe but probably not, Govt corruption=they would never hurt us or lie, Current news=click link for main stream media.

edit on 2-1-2013 by XL5 because: grammar

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

It is a guy fawkes mask, the mask has been around for hundreds of years before it was adopted by them.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I am not advocating censorship, my opinion on the subject was said twice already....

Great. Then you must also know that what is celebrated is his death for his treason, not anything good he has done. Suddenly the tide turned and people wanted to portray his as some sort of hero when in reality he was a traitor and died for conspiracy to kill the king. Till this day people celebrate his death... but in some awkward way it has become a symbol for a "freedom fighter" when he had his agenda clear - he didnt want to fight the power instated, he wanted to trade one power for his power.

Says a lot about that mask... people are willing to trade one tyranny for another, if that latter disguises itself of "liberty" even tho they'll end up worse.

But of course this all comes from the "coolness" of V and nobody actually bothers to know the Real guy fawkes. The Guy Fawkes everyone hears about is a fictional character... like Robin Hood... who also existed (with another name) but wasnt nearly close to the legend or hero that books portrayed.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I hope you never have to live one day of your life without freedom of speech.

Like I said... dont like a thread or a subject, dont read it, dont participate but let the others make their own minds about it. Do not try to shape anything according to your vision, your concepts or even your values.

Actually it applies to this thread also... why do you bother to come here constantly checking if theres something else to contradict and calling drama queen to people when you could be outside, helping an old blind lady cross the street or reading any other interesting thread of "high quality"? Why you keep on coming into a "low quality thread" expressing your indignation to my right to indignation?

You make no sense... you and others that live and breathe in this forums with the sole purpose of trying to implode a thread. This is much more than "being a drama queen"... you just have poor judgment and for that you have my forgiveness...

You want freedom to circle jerk about a topic without anybody giving an opposing viewpoint?

Why the sense of entitlement, as if somehow Skeptic Overlord owes you something? Do you think this is your site?

Go start your own site or post videos on YouTube all day. Go have a cup of tea with your Aunt Mimi whose dying of cancer and tell her all your theories.

I'm sure it must be incredibly difficult for some people not to be able to post every wildly foolish conjecture their brain pops out, not being able to watch their star and flag count increase much faster than their banks accounts ever did, not being able to read all the "I agree" posts validating their inane theories.

What this thread really seems to be about is some self-absorbed people complaining that Skeptic Overlord won't let them play in ATS like a 4-year old throwing a tantrum because he can't get everything he wants.

You're an adult. You're free to go play in another sandbox if you don't like the rules here.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Its not a tantrum you silly boy... cant you see that brands, and car companies and governments cant live without its customers?

You can speak of entitlement but you know... without the customer, the voter, the little man, there would be no brand, no product, no government... so yes, there is a bit of sense of entitlement when the members are the very basis on which this or any other forum relies on.

Without its members, it would not exist. Without followers there would be no leaders. Dont thank the leaders, thank the followers for the strength they provide and the for the chance they give to few to be leaders.

You got the world completely upside down in your head.

And like I said... here you are again
welcome back to the lowest standard of ATS

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

To be honest how do you know why I have it up? Am I English? No. Why would I care that he tried to kill the king? I know fully about whom guy fawkes was, nice to see that you avoided my last post but come outt swinging at my avatar.....

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

These sorts of conspiracy make people look st use like wackos if we even mention a bigger picture.
Topics like this are getting very hard to discuss in public.
Once you'rr know as a conspirator you'll always be one.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

And who gives you the right to bash him? Compose yourself my friend. Let us remember our first lesson as hell raising toddlers, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Be cool fellow members. it's just a discussion no need to bring emotions into it. Just the facts ma'am.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

To be honest how do you know why I have it up? Am I English? No. Why would I care that he tried to kill the king? I know fully about whom guy fawkes was, nice to see that you avoided my last post but come outt swinging at my avatar.....

Mate... your last post was about the Guy Fawkes mask. You other post is not even on this page so... I replied to the last post, yes - the one trying to explain to another member your extensive knowledge by saying "its a guy fawkes mask" - I'm pretty sure he knows that... I didnt swing at your avatar, only your arrogant tone in that reply.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Its not a tantrum you silly boy... cant you see that brands, and car companies and governments cant live without its customers?

You can speak of entitlement but you know... without the customer, the voter, the little man, there would be no brand, no product, no government... so yes, there is a bit of sense of entitlement when the members are the very basis on which this or any other forum relies on.

Without its members, it would not exist. Without followers there would be no leaders. Dont thank the leaders, thank the followers for the strength they provide and the for the chance they give to few to be leaders.

As of January 2010, ATS claims it has almost 10 million posts with over 4 million visits to the site a month.

And that was in 2010. Ats is one of the most ad free websites I have seen in recent months, think about it what happens when you go to a mainstream site weather news or entertainment? It is flooded with ads everywhere! Imagine how much the corporations are offering ATS to advertise here.... Just a thought...
edit on 2-1-2013 by Aquarius2150 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2013 by Aquarius2150 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Go to your last post about my avatar and what it represents and how it reflects on me. That is your post DIRECTED at me.... I am getting the sense of what kind of person you are, your first post was an insult and then you have a go at my avatar. Too bad for you that you can't take your ball and go home, you are stuck with us new members no matter how much you despise us.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Exactly.

And the guy who made the site successful, Skeptic Overlord, is the same guy that said he was embarrassed for the ATS community re the SH posts, that it was the lowest of the low for ATS, and that he decided it was in the best interest of ATS back in 2005 to have higher standards, and that he wasn't going to let a bunch of self-absorbed narcissists ruin all HIS hard work with their ridiculousness.

It's the business owners who must make the decisions that will bring in the customers. SO has shown himself to be brilliant at that.

So yes, ATS can't live without it's visitors, and SO has made an experienced decision that the best thing for ATS is in direct contrast to what you want.

If you have a complaint you can direct message SO and explain to him your position, and how it's like somebody you love having cancer. I'm sure you'll sway him with that one.

If you're going to post your arguments on an open thread be prepared to defend them with better reasoning and better metaphors than the "ooohhh..... this is so unfair and so hard not to post anything I want about Sandy Hook.... it's like somebody I love having cancer..... boo hooo hooo sniff sniif"

Thar's not really a compelling argument.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Bottom line, like it or not, this not OUR site. We don't call the shots. Someone else does.

Anyone wanting a censorship free forum, may have to start one of their own, otherwise we play by the rules.

With that said, if SO starts with censoring one topic, what will be next? Just something to think about,

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join