It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Meadow of "Frost Flowers" Appears on Surface of Arctic Ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Way awesome. Mother Nature copying herself, not with just flowers but with flower shaped ice. Thanks for sharing. Good find and good post. S & F for you.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Beautiful!!!!

Mother Nature saying "take that Martha Stewart"

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Breathtakingly beautiful, just when we human architects think we can corner the market on beauty, our amazing Earth shatters that reality. Pictures I am sure do this little justice. I love this!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The "frost flowers" were not created by water. Water was used to create a habitat by the "creatures". The images are quite amazing.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Those are not ordinary flowers, they are Kryptonian flowers. Humans have stumbled upon Superman's garden. His Fortress of Solitude can't be far off.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So does everyone remember the "icy finger of death" or brincicle where heavy salt water falls down tubes of ice making an undersea icicle, I wonder if this desalination of water has anything to do with the formation of these "flowers" either way this is pretty cool. A very nice way to get some fresh water on the open seas, unless somehow the salt is being frozen as well, which I doubt but anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Looks like rime the same is forming on north China salt lake.
Rime forms on north China salt lake

edit on 2-1-2013 by HillbillyFreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The basic science behind it, if anyone has the eye to read outside the box, since it's claimed to be colder in the above Arctic Circle, the water in reality is quite warm, else birds like a duck wouldn't swim in it.

It's not the bacteria that do the job it's more like what's in the air. Let's see, what can you do with a ~%100 negitive ion air?

If not controlled, you get this.

case of point.

But if controlled, you'll get a spiral. That was done with Orgone Accumulators and water that after frozen will show a spiral.

What the OP is showing is a simple case of what happens when massive amounts of raw energy is frozen.

To point out another case of point, warm/hot water is likely to freeze than cold water.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I want to smash them!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Aww. This is awesome! It's lovely to see a story that isn't all doom and gloom at the top of the page (when i posted this) Haha. Thanks for the post, nature is so beautiful and surprising sometimes, cheered me up a bit. S&F

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Stellar ! Mother Nature never ceases to Amaze.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Are there "Frost Bees" to pollinate them?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I always wondered how an ocean goes from liquid to ice flow. Thanks for the view.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
just amazing! I'd love to see more of this!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Is that not the coolest thing ever seen... Wow, amazing share!

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

The basic science behind it, if anyone has the eye to read outside the box, since it's claimed to be colder in the above Arctic Circle, the water in reality is quite warm,

The basic science you are talking about does not explain what created the "frosted flowers". The "bacteria" or "creatures" came from the atmosphere and created a habitat on and by using the warm water.
The "bacteria" or "creatures" did not come from the water because that would be creating a habitat outside of the warm water, which makes no sense.
edit on 2-1-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Are you saying that water is warm?

Warm like what? We're not talking polar bear club warm are we?

It wouldn't be a shocker if it was warm water, this Planet keeps amazing me each and everyday. Need to hit the lottery and check out all these wonderful places before some corp destroys it.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I wonder if their shape is reliant on the DNA they contain. DNA seems to be a set of instructions for assembly of minerals and chemicals.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
An arctic cruise would be nice.

edit on 2-1-2013 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wish I was there too so I could capture some images. Photography envy. Nature is awesome.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Absolutely Beautiful. Isn't it amazing how in even the harshest environments there is life and beauty.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join