It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media uses picture of child unrelated to Sandy Hook tragedy. How did this happen?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
getthetruthout.icyboards.net...

You would think their would be an apology and retraction from Mail Online,www.dailymail.co.uk... secret.html?ICO=most_read_module

I am not making any accusations, telling any fabrications, insulting anyone, or offending anyone. I just am wondering how something like this happens. If anyone has any ideas after FULLY viewing the links, I would appreciate their comments, and ideas. Thanks.

If in any way I am in violation of TOS please notify me and delete thread.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What do you expect It's from the Daily Fail...expected it really even the Sun is better than that rag, I wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hypattia

Nevermind. You fixed the link.
edit on 28-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
What do you expect It's from the Daily Fail...expected it really even the Sun is better than that rag, I wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

When these events happen the media does not really do any real journalism. They are given a script.
I wonder if these pics wear in it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Just wondering how, such a horrendous error could have happened! The children's names are not anywhere near the same, or live nearby.

edit on 28-12-2012 by hypattia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Bad journalism simple as that lazy twits who don't do the 1st rule of journalism check check and check again.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The media uses stock footage all the time to manipulate viewers.

What you see on screen is not always what they are discussing and what they are discussing is not always factual.

But lots of people hear a person behind a desk saying anything at all and just assume it's truth and they see images on screen and just assume it's related to the words they are hearing.

Gun buyback reports are famous for this. They show tables of confiscated Mexican cartel machineguns and grenades while talking about the local buyback that netted three rusted rifles from the 40's and the viewer pieces it together and thinks "holy crap! all those machineguns and grenades are in my neighborhood!"

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

This is the mother of Lilly, horrified to find her daughter's picture reported as Allison Wyatt
instagram.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's terrible! No wonder the mum is upset seeing her daughters picture used like this. I've taken a SS of the online paper's page, incase it gets removed soon (I sent the mum a message on FB, so unless the message has dissappeared into the mysterious "other" folder, atleast she can be aware of it, and request them to have it removed).

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Its more than just Mail.com or whatever reporting it.

Cathy Gauberts Twitter feed.
edit on 28-12-2012 by DIDtm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

She knows about it, she is the one to bring it to everyone's attention, on twitter, I believe. What an awful thing to happen, such a horrible tragedy in Sandy Hook, and then to have your child's picture reported as one of the deceased children in Sandy Hook.

The whole event breaks my heart, as all of us.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm
Cathy Gauberts Twitter feed. reply to post by hypattia

Its more than just Mail.com or whatever reporting it.

The twitter feed is the mother of the child, she is the one who reported it on twitter that her daughter's photo was posted as Allison Wyatt in the U.K. Mail.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Because the media is stupid.. that's why so many things were misreported from the beginning .. and that's sparked so many false conspiracy theories along the way.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It was on more than just the Mail website.

It was several more to begin with. But all but Mail have taken it down.

There are no other photos of Alyssen Wyatt on the web. Only this one of Lilly.

LEGACY OBIT

This one is still up.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

One would think that the parents would have seen the wrong picture of their little girl and released a pic of her by now, correcting it.

And people wonder why conspiracy theorists exist.

This has been the only picture(s) released of Allison Wyatt....and its not even her.

Not to mention that every caption available, says that this photo was provided by the Wyatt family.

Someones got explain'in to do, Lucy!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

One would think that the parents would have seen the wrong picture of their little girl and released a pic of her by now, correcting it.

And people wonder why conspiracy theorists exist.

This has been the only picture(s) released of Allison Wyatt....and its not even her.

The mother is the one who discovered it!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Not to mention that every caption available, says that this photo was provided by the Wyatt family.

Wow that's some discrepancy!!!
I hope the Mom is able to reach these media outlets and keep them from using her daughters pictures.
Sick people!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Im speaking of the Wyatt family.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The Daily Mail is one of the worst offenders of bad media practices in the UK... and that says a lot!

Here is a classic Mail blunder!

Daily Mail Publishes Wrong Amanda Knox Guilty Story With FAKE DETAILS ROFL

It should tell you all you need to know about this scummy rag and its practices.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by manmental

Great.
Now explain why every other media outlet that has release a picture of Allison Wyatt used the same two photos?
All claiming that the family gave it to them.

Bias towards the DailyMail...aside....

Heres FOX NEWS with the same girl. LINK

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join