It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Chappelle: (Why he left.) In His Own Words

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I remember that whole thing. All I can say is I was a huuuuge fan. Chappelle's Show was on the air for 2 seasons, and in about 25 episodes he created so many brilliant, classic bits that still make me laugh my butt off even after watching them for the 20th time. The two stand-up HBO specials I saw were awesome, too.

He had one of the best lines I ever heard on some talk show after all of this went down. He talked about his wife's reaction to his decision and said something like "She's not mad at me, but don't think you can walk away from $50 million and your wife is just going to be cool with it."

edit on 28-12-2012 by Bullhorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
There are many comedians i have enjoyed over the years, but i hold none higher than Dave Chappelle in terms of respect and admiration. His first standup dvd 'Killing Me Softly' is up there with the best stand up i have ever enjoyed.

You watch the crowd in that video when he speaks and to me that tells me a lot, i probably had the same look in my eyes too watching it, because you know and you feel he is laying down some real # when he speaks. There is no pretense at all.

Do i know him and can i claim that for sure? No, but i can tell that he's speaking from the heart. He has the tone and look of someone who *knows* who's been there, more fame than 99.999 percent of us will ever experience, and he didnt sell out to the system. That to me is nothing short of miraculous. People like Dave give me hope for the human race.

Will be a Dave Chappelle fan til the day i die.

This is the full inside the actors studio video, from which the bulk of the tribute video from this thread takes its material. I have watched it and i cannot recommend it highly enough.
Peace. ~

edit on 29-12-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

He is the man, has a huge penis, and is awesome at everything he does, and looks great in anything. He probably smells great, is super smart, and is definitely very talented.

Chappelle,

I salute you.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
nope.
edit on 29-12-2012 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist

Originally posted by jokerzwild
In my own personal opinion it sounds like a cop out. It sounds to me like he just couldn't take the pressure of trying to live up to the image that the public had created of him.

edit on 27-12-2012 by jokerzwild because: (no reason given)

A cop out? Are you implying that he's mistaken, and there is nothing 'sick' about Hollywood?

I have no idea. I've never had anything to do with Hollywood personally and the only things I hear about it are from... other people in the entertainment industry or Youtube detectives.

I based what I said on personal experience with "normal people" who are offered something bigger and potentially more demanding who use one excuse or another to back out of what could turn into an extremely stressful situation. In any case I prefaced my remarks with "In my own personal opinion" so obviously I'm not saying I know 100% why he left. Honestly other than hearing about it peripherally this video is the only thing I've seen on the matter. Lol, I'm def not a Chappelle authority.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join