It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help identifying some information

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Space guru's of ATS,

I have in my possession original NASA reel to reel tapes how I obtained them isn't really up for talk but where they came from and all that I will talk about. Story goes a bit like this I have 10 volumes of 1in by 13in reel to reel I do not know what is on them other than that they are either video or old computer language tapes. They are encased in plastic with red NASA tape containing the volume, lot, and series numbers along with an outer shell saying NASA Goddard Space center and some other bits of info. The outside of the box contains information saying certified by a J. Crehan 2-14-1968 from building 18 room W-1. From the horses mouth claims these are from the apollo missions. Can anyone help me identify what I have?

Brotherman

also can someone help walk me through picture posting Ill post some and try to answer anything about them as best as possible?
edit on 26-12-2012 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
the easiest way to do pics is go to imageshack.us upload the picture then on the right they will give you a forum link copy and past that..

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Does photobucket work
i1343.photobucket.com...

i1343.photobucket.com...
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i1343.photobucket.com...
i1343.photobucket.com...

I hope these links work I used the Direct Link option and just pasted here if these do not work I will do what I can to get the images out to you guys and thanks in advance, I would really like to know what they are unfortunate I do not have a reel to reel big enough for these much less know how to use one so well.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Reminds me of This Thread

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Thats funny, Do my pics work?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Reminds me of This Thread

That is the thread I was trying to find...very interesting story....glad you posted it....

Thanks...Des

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Great pics...now I'm hungry for the story....

Des

edit on 26-12-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yep, your pics came through.

You'll probably need one of these to see what's on your tapes...

One of the FR-900 tape drives at LOIRP's facilities.

Lunar Orbiter Recovery Project

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Well.. a little googling, and I found this guy:

Peter Creasey.

With connection to Crehan Company, and NASA, 1968.

Owner/Broker
Crehan Company,
Realtors 1974 – Present (38 years)

Serving the professional requirements of buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate in the Metropolitan Houston area.

Peter Creasey of Crehan Company, Realtors has been helping buyers and sellers accomplish beneficial transactions for more than 35 years. Pete employs the latest in technological tools and full service capabilities for real estate brokerage. Clients can count on personal and diligent service to fully satisfy their realty requirements.

Staff Computer Systems Analyst
IBM Corporation
Public Company; 10,001+ employees; IBM; Information Technology and Services industry
1968 – 1974 (6 years) NASA at Houston

added:
Creasy also co-wrote, ord did computations for; How supernova explosions power galactic winds.

edit on 2012-12-26 by tomten because: added more info

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

If you can help me identify these that would be awesome, if someone near by has a reel to reel or knoweldge of them I can either play them and make another video if it is worthwhile. The person I got these from used to be an employee as a scientist for sorts. He told me along time ago that they were of the apollo missions and said it was alot more then a tv broadcast I am not trying to say they are anything related to UFOs secret cold war tech or anything like that either. I am just trying to find out what is on them myself for all I know it is the behind the scenes xmas party they didnt want their boss to see, however I doubt that as well. I know nothing of the type of stickers on this stuff who J crehan is and almost nothing about 1968 in general.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Possibly Apollo 5 footage, maybe the data on those tapes is the reason we went to the moon. Search your local libraries, even universities, tell them you have some historical tapes you would like to play.
edit on 26-12-2012 by coldfiremx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

LOL from mcdonalds =D, I have other tapes but they are alot smaller but those dont appear to be video and I do not know if they are related or not. Is that type of hardware hard to come across, even to borrow?

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Is that type of hardware hard to come across, even to borrow?

Nearly impossible.

Your best bet would be to contact Keith Cowing...

Dennis Wingo and Keith Cowing, a former NASA employee and President of SpaceRef Interactive, Inc. now served as co-leads the Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project (LOIRP). Both Cowing and Wingo provided the funds required to get the project started. They spent about a year looking for funding, facilities, documentation and expertise. Dr. S. Pete Worden, NASA Ames Research Center Director, agreed to store the tapes drives and tapes in unused warehouse space until funding and facilities could be found to begin the restoration project. In April 2007 NASA JPL released the tapes to the custody of Ames Research Center in Mountain View, California. Nancy Evans also transferred ownership of the FR-900 drives to Wingo and Cowing.

This is Keith's website...

Nasawatch

[email protected]

He'd probably be the best person to help you ID what you have.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Is there away to learn more about the nasa tapes by the numbers recorderd on the red tape sticker on the tapes themselves??

Is that his email in your last post as well

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That, I do not know.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

IDK either but you still got a sheet ton of stars from me for the info you did provide. I will try and contact the gentleman you referred as well. I see he posts often on the site last one being 5 days ago

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Is that his email in your last post as well

Yep, that is his email.

Also...

Keith's note: NASA Watch is (more or less) on hiatus until 2 Jan 2013. Happy holidays.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Hey bro again thank you, if you know anyone that is into space stuff on this forum could you please either refer them to this thread or to PM me? I really like old things like this and actually hate it that I cant play them, farthest I go back is vcr and 8mm R2R possibly an 8track if I went in the basement

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Yeah I saw that too, dont know enough about any of it to say one way or the other how relevant it is to the answers I am looking for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join