It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low, Austin police arrest Santa.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
He's a bit irate. Justifiably so? I'm not sure.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That person in the suit is an idiot, she should resign from the force.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I was posting about this and someone directed me to this link. It shows a more complete version of what happened even after release from jail. I may not always agree with tactics of occupy, but from what I am able to gather, this was an honest attempt at community-building and good will.

blip.tv...

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Fishing for an arrest and story, no doubt about it. They get all of the occupy people to rally (with their children), in front of a public building, and "just chalk". They do it in a place where they know it will draw attention. The employees in the building call the cops, because there are people blocking the walkways, and drawing where no one wants to see it. Cops respond, and assess (which is conviniently edited from the vid), and take action.

Santa then goes on screaming and making a scene over nothing, falls on the ground like a child, and screams about how hurt he is. This is sickening conditioning of these innocent children, using a man dressed in a Santa suit. Now the occupy peeps can tell their kids "look the mean police arrested Santa and ruined Christmas!". The whole time the police are normal, non-violent, non-confrontational, and calm. Fail for Occupy in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by statesmasher
I was posting about this and someone directed me to this link. It shows a more complete version of what happened even after release from jail. I may not always agree with tactics of occupy, but from what I am able to gather, this was an honest attempt at community-building and good will.

blip.tv...

So using kids and Santa to push a agenda is community building in this messed up world.

Think about it the parents of the kids knew that Santa was going to be arrested right in front of them. They staged this event and used the kids and iconic Santa to further a cause. And what is that cause exactly?

People to need to wake up and see things for what they are. This is staged propaganda. If you are pro-occupy and think this is OK you need to get your moral compass straight.
edit on 27-12-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
am i the only one who thought the arrest video made the guy look DRUNK??

and everyone in austin knows you can't draw on the capitol grounds. even though he wasn't doing anything bad he KNEW what he was doing wasn't allowed. i think he was hoping to get arrested to make a point.

i know it's chalk and it will come off but if you chalk someones property it's still considered defacement even if it comes off.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by TXTriker

Yes you do!
It's 7 minutes long and the female cop explains exactly what happened in the video!
Are you guys even watching the whole thing? You get a perfect picture in the words of the arresting officer herself.

OK I went back to page 5 and played the video. It STARTS with the cuffs being put on. There is nothing shown of what happened prior to the cuffs coming out. What she says he's being arrested for is fine. But we still don't know if he was doing/saying something that caused them to arrest him even though the charge is stated as chalking. For all we know they tried to reason with him to stop and just let him go but he seems to want to be arrested for the camera.

So No, we still don't know what happened prior to the arrest being initiated. Unless I've missed a video somewhere else in the thread.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by statesmasher

blip.tv...

That video is so edited it is unreal. Why did he run and then stop? To get a better camera angle? When he lays down why does he scream be careful? He's doing it to himself. Maybe he wants it to look like the cops threw him on the ground?

This is so set up its pathetic.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It's something to see that in our great country we are still guilty until proven innocent.

Let it be known to all that protest anything you can not hide behind your costumes,chalk and an army of happy children.

edit on 28-12-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Why do people think they shouldn't be arrested when they badger the Police?

Becausae most of the [police are a***h***les. it use to be a few bad apples. Now it's a lot of bad apples. I am nice to police until they show an attitude of domination. I don't like bullies and especially when they wear a badge. But there are good police too and one must be prepared to show respect
edit on 29-12-2012 by cantyousee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2022 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Sounds more like something that would happen in Los Angeles.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join