It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these Gun massacres a coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

A gunman set a trap and shot and killed two firefighters responding to an early morning blaze in Webster, N.Y. Two other first responders were serious condition, police officials said.

Article

Since Sandy Hook, I've seen alot more articles about shootings. Either the media has now began to show more shootings than before, or there's something going on.

A shooting in a hotel, a shooting at school, a shooting in a hospital, shooting here, shooting there, WHAT IS GOING ON

Either the US is causing this to take our 2nd amendment away so that we can't fight the government (police state, Marshall law), or People are losing their minds.

I wonder what will happen next... a shooting at a public park? Tomorrow is Christmas guys, expect something to happen.

These aren't just random shootings cause someone disliked someone...The shooters are shooting at things like children,public areas, emergency agencies and such.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

People are starting to get desperate. As the situation of the society worsens, expect stuff to become even worse.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Shootings happen every second all over the world, they have for decades and will continue for decades to come.....The recent spike in coverage is the news media attempting to further their agenda...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

No, this is disinfo. We have statistics, you know?

Link

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The problem that i see; is the media has its full undevided attention focused soley on gun crimes. I guess the wars in which America fights overseas are over? As I haven't seen this kind of attention since Wako Texas. However, the jist of the problem in my view is: America has been outsourced till it's blue in the face, and now in it's place you no longer see jobs, but anti-depressant pills.

Thus the case almost everyone of my friends minus myself are on some kind of depressant pill. But these depressant pills wouldn't have anything to do with the current issues at hand. Na.. keep focused, that is next thursdays meeting topic

edit on 24-12-2012 by kingsquirel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leahn

Link

I wont fault you for not being able to read...Your link is for the US only and I clearly said world wide...no harm no foul..

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Since you are so much better at reading than I am, you might want to take a peek at the first post. The OP is asking if this is some form of conspiracy from US media to give reason for the government to take away the 2nd.

Answering that shootings happen all over the world all the time is way silly. It is like if someone asks if it is gonna rain today, you answer that it is raining already somewhere in the world.

And as for OP's worries, you should be less worried about your guns being taken away, and more worried about that US law that will allow domestic use of Predator drones.

And the FEMA camps.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Since you are so much better at reading than I am, you might want to take a peek at the first post. The OP is asking if this is some form of conspiracy from US media to give reason for the government to take away the 2nd.

Answering that shootings happen all over the world all the time is way silly. It is like if someone asks if it is gonna rain today, you answer that it is raining already somewhere in the world.

And as for OP's worries, you should be less worried about your guns being taken away, and more worried about that US law that will allow domestic use of Predator drones.

And the FEMA camps.

Really.....I think I addressed the OP with this statement which was part of my original post....

The recent spike in coverage is the news media attempting to further their agenda...

Now to address the other things you mention that aren't related to the OP.

I think those acts of violence are just as bad as the recent school shooting. Just because I believe in the 2nd amendment doesn't mean I condone violence of any kind wither it be in the USA or in another country. I think you will find most Americans don't like what we do in regards to war in other countries, however that is another discussion. Maybe you should start a thread about that.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
inocent children last week and hero fire fighters now,the gun laws over there are changing

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
inocent children last week and hero fire fighters now,the gun laws over there are changing

They can write any new law they want....enforcing them will always be the problem. 80% of the American people are NOT giving their guns back....now what are they gonna do???

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think it can be described by two things randomness and desperation. For a lot people , financially, the world is a bad place and it appears to be getting worse. With talks of fiscal cliffs and more taxes that would result. The Holidays also add to peoples sense of desperation or financial concern.

I do not think this is some nefarious government plot to repeal the 2 amendment

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

In context to your OP and question...I'll share this the best way I know how. I'll put it the way my Dad put it to me when I asked why he worked in a war zone sometimes....and a real nice city in others.

As a Cop, he lived in a political world as much as a gritty one on the street. Everything in Police work is first and foremost controlled by those with enough brass to support brasso shares by themselves. So...everything the public sees is controlled, manipulated or "double checked for accuracy" when it comes to crime stats and reporting.

In practice, as he would put it, the Brass at his department and the people who ran the city could take the SAME month of statistics and crime data and make it look alternately like a full blow crime wave was underway and the citizenry had never been in so much danger ......Or they could make it look like crime was on the downswing and times had never looked so promising.

Little things.....like how many Rapes were simply assaults on paper? How many homicides were manslaughters or 'undetermined at time of writing'? How many incidents on the 1st and 30th of the month REALLY happened ...or were actually reported...or maybe..actually resolved...on either side of the stroke of midnight?

Likewise here. Shootings have not picked up or increased in general and only the media could say it with a straight face. A few HORRIBLE high profile shootings have happened and we're a nation in mourning and shock in some ways....but garden variety shootings happen at a rate of several per day, every day of the year, every single year. Nothing much has changed but the POLITICS behind reporting it, IMO.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

maby they want it to kick off for them to impose marshal law then all aboard the fema trains

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Why do some people feel there is always an agenda?
You think that somehow they have caused all of the shootings for some hidden purpose.

Explain something:
That link shows shootings for the past couple of decades from all over the world. Why doesn't it show the ones in the middle east? Taliban???
Plus if it takes them 20 years to pull off their "agenda", was their plan well thought out?
20 years and no one talks??
Next you will be saying there's a rogue planet... never mind.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

look at how many gun crimes and firearms fatalities there were in 2010 and 2011 - and divide the respective numbers by 365 - the USA has hundreds of gun crimes and several fireams fatalities every day - the problem is than this month EVERY firearms fatality is getting national media atention

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Divide - Distract - Conquer

I firmly believe the biggest thing behind this is an attempt to divide and distract the citizenry. HSBC settles for a fraction of what they profited off of laundering money for drug dealers and other criminals. The lowest tax bracket is facing a jump from 10% to 15%. Basically a 50% increase in tax rates is coming for those that can least afford it. Companies are cutting staffing and instituting hiring freezes because they don't know what fiscal policy will look like in January. Holiday spending is down and has several retailers worrying about even making a profit.

There is a lot of disturbing news out there. Instead we keep hearing about what would have been considered minor crime stories and the "debate" about guns. I'm probably one of the least conspiracy minded people here, but I believe there is some agenda here that we aren't seeing. There is a reason we are being redirected and distracted.

The question is why now and what is the end game besides disarming the populace?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill

Link

I wont fault you for not being able to read...Your link is for the US only and I clearly said world wide...no harm no foul..

The link IS world wide...

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

because its or was! a conspiracy theories site ,genius

join