It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think i have lost faith in everything :/

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I tell you what , don't lose faith in any of it, its pretty much all real, its just that you haven't been properly introduced, or you're getting the wrong info or in the wrong place

as far as the world ending? its coming, then you will lose faith and your life
be patient

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

wow i think the next time the end of the world comes might just be the next ice age haha But who knows i am no expert or anyone to say anything on the subject...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I went to that link and read up on the San Luis Valley. Very interesting indeed if i had the funds and time off i would make the trip and hopefully catch sight of a few interesting paranormal activities that might be happening at that place. But i would be very disappointed if i ended up going and never seeing anything at all...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BSFC123

You may very well be right but i think i lost faith in the God that is spoken about in the bible. Dont get me wrong though! I believe in a God but i still have not understood what he means to me yet. I have been through most religions and was probably the first thing i stopped believing in as a young adult.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

You know...if more people spent the same amount of time and energy that they did worrying about Dec. 21st 2012 on things such as their own and other peoples welfare then perhaps we could build a World that we could all be proud of.

Unfortunately it seems the norm that people would prefer to dwell on the End Times and various forms of Insane Religious Doctrines rather than to do something constructive.

Don't worry...you are on the right track now.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by fastbob72

You might be right about that and maybe i shouldn't lose hope. I just feel like maybe i spent to much time focusing on matters that really didnt matter and talking to people in my everyday life about these sort of things and being looked at like i was crazy just because i was sharing ideas that most common people are unaware of and i know out of ten people i would talk to i might have found one or two people that i could have a conversation with. But all in all i really liked what you did share with me because regardless if nothing crazy has happened to me it might be out there. But like i said i think i am just not putting any effort to chasing the white rabbit anymore.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by krazyiven
reply to post by olaru12

I went to that link and read up on the San Luis Valley. Very interesting indeed if i had the funds and time off i would make the trip and hopefully catch sight of a few interesting paranormal activities that might be happening at that place. But i would be very disappointed if i ended up going and never seeing anything at all...

I never go into the valley with the express purpose of investigating paranormal, ufo, military, high strange phenomena [usually a fishing trip] but invariably I experience some type of WTF moment that makes me question the very fabric of reality.

What I find most disturbing is that a lot of people in the valley know my name that I have never met; from store clerks to forest rangers. I live about 250 miles south.
edit on 23-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I know where you should put your faith. It's real and rewarding.

Isn't life wonderful!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I really like this! Maybe put my faith in love and in myself! That might be the only right way to go!

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I really like this! Maybe put my faith in love and in myself! That might be the only right way to go!

I'm glad you like it. If there really is a reason why we were put here, then isn't it our obligation to enjoy the hell out of it as best we can? We are here, right now, and there is sooo much beauty in the world. All we have to do is open our eyes.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

A house built on sand is easily removed from its foundation.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Sometimes I feel this way too, but I get out and socialize and then feel better.

Get around people, don't stay indoors by yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Not to worry...the daily grind of seemingly nothingness you speak of is pretty typical for where you are as the young adult with the young family. Week in week out work, work, work. As if it will never change. Many of us have been where you are now. They are the times of your life. Not as exciting as say, having a moment in the bathroom without a screaming toddler pounding on the door. But it will all pass into history. You'll remember the good times and forget most of the rest. Hit the ATS from time to time, just to remind yourself your a real person who needs a little quiet fun. But, yea, your right,age 30 is about work and family. Life can be a little easier if you grab for the important things and let what society tells you you must have remain on the shelf. Don't be so hard on yourself. Your much smarter now than you were 10 years ago. And 10 years from now who knows how brilliant you'll be.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

well anyway i think i lost all my faith in New age, metaphysical philosophies and maybe anything paranormal. I think all this was now made for humans to distract us from reality. I have finally come to terms with this!

I can agree with you on this. But I think your not the only one who has been let down by those issues.

The reason is this i have spent countless hours and energy thinking of conspiracy theories that i think its time to grow up.

Well unfortunetly as you grow up you realise that some of those conpiracy theories are possibly true. Don't be turned off because of 2012, there are plenty of things that need to be researched and discussed. Focus on the things that are happening now.

I had some sort of expectation for 2012! Not much but i wanted at least something small to happen and when nothing happened at all my mind was changed and now i think my mind is drastically changing....

What were you expecting to happen? If you were to look at all the problems happening on the planet right now, maybe the 2012 scenario was just a wake up call for something which is coming down the track. We simply cant call it a failure just yet, we have only gone a month and we could also be wrong about the date.. Don't be caught out.. Anything can happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
You sound unfulfilled as if your expectations were not met. I'm on a quest for answers to all things at all times. My expectations can get the best of me as I'm a perfectionist. I once asked a wise friend of my mine, "Maybe I should lower my expectations so that I don't feel as let down when things don't materialize." He responded, "Maybe you should lose them altogether and focus on the moment at hand." Best advice ever. Kinda similar to eastern philosophy of "go with the flow" or analogy of a river. If you stay in the past and cling to the side of the river, you just make yourself miserable trying to resist the current - plus you get nowhere. You can't go back in time as the current is strong. So go with the current and focus on the next bend in the river. There is no point of thinking what is up ahead as you need to focus on where you are at in the flow.

"Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the journey."

Peace be with you and I wish you well.
edit on 25-1-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks for all those comments my friends

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

well anyway i think i lost all my faith in New age, metaphysical philosophies and maybe anything paranormal. I think all this was now made for humans to distract us from reality. I have finally come to terms with this! The reason is this i have spent countless hours and energy thinking of conspiracy theories that i think its time to grow up. I had some sort of expectation for 2012! Not much but i wanted at least something small to happen and when nothing happened at all my mind was changed and now i think my mind is drastically changing....

Go outside, gaze up at the stars. Feel the night air on your skin. Notice when you breathe in, and breathe out. What you are experiencing is the NOW and nothing else. Feels good, doesn't it!

Faith is for those that don't know how to appreciate this life. This moment. This pause between non-existence and non-existence. Don't waste NOW on pretend things that won't happen.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have been one of those people that speak before I talk. I change my mind on everything I posted before because in fact now I feel an incredible shift on our planet. I am not sure what it is but daily life feels very different and I shifted tremendously since my last post... But thanks for your kind words sir! I really do agree with you as well!!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

reply to post by thedoctorswife

Well thats the thing i am turning 30 in a few months and i have lot of life experience. But it seems that maybe i have focused all my time into all this stuff when in all reality maybe my head should not have been in the clouds and maybe i should have focused on real things.

Humans are real. Look at what we are and what we've done over and over and over since man first came on the scene. Know what we cannot change about ourselves, our species, and our place on planet earth. Then learn what we CAN change and believe in that.

Don't worry about the world ending, or if there are gods and spirits and chakras. Live now. Take care of the now. Be happy now.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Most humans scurry about their lives trying to find rationalism to explain their beliefs and to find a deeper meaning to their life. No matter how long you scurry or how hard you try you always seem to end up back where you started from.

Feeling like a stupid little kid with big ideas and big hopes but no real way of accomplishing most of those dreams.

Life throws you a curve ball and you bend like the wind to not get hit on the nose. Men seems to have it worse since most of us men think we have to be the big protector of our family and then seem to forget we usually have a partner in this family whom we should not forget

Even our children have these same issues to deal with throughout their lives.

Just remember to enjoy the ride on the roller coaster it can be fun and scary at the same time.

When you hit 66 - it is still not the ultimate end of your life and probably you live on in your children if not in the afterlife.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join