It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think i have lost faith in everything :/

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
well anyway i think i lost all my faith in New age, metaphysical philosophies and maybe anything paranormal. I think all this was now made for humans to distract us from reality. I have finally come to terms with this! The reason is this i have spent countless hours and energy thinking of conspiracy theories that i think its time to grow up. I had some sort of expectation for 2012! Not much but i wanted at least something small to happen and when nothing happened at all my mind was changed and now i think my mind is drastically changing....

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by krazyiven

Honestly its to early to tell. None of us have any idea whats happening in places we can't see.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by krazyiven
well anyway i think i lost all my faith in New age, metaphysical philosophies and maybe anything paranormal. I think all this was now made for humans to distract us from reality. I have finally come to terms with this! The reason is this i have spent countless hours and energy thinking of conspiracy theories tha t i think its time to grow up. I had some sort of expectation for 2012! Not much but i wanted at least something small to happen and when nothing happened at all my mind was changed and now i think my mind is drastically changing....

please dont take this the wrong way, but i think your probably quite a young person. Everyone knows once you jump down the rabbit/take the red pill, its never gonna be an easy ride. And we may never find the truths behind the major questions in the lifetime of this generation. But we are motivated, we want to know, we cant help it, because that is the sort of people we are.
2012, didnt happen, but dont ever think nothing will, because you never know what is around the corner, whether its good or bad.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Well thats the thing i am turning 30 in a few months and i have lot of life experience. But it seems that maybe i have focused all my time into all this stuff when in all reality maybe my head should not have been in the clouds and maybe i should have focused on real things. I am still debating all these questions within myself but maybe I want everyones opinion because i might be stuck on this subject at the moment..

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I spent this entire year trying to gorge myself on all the info i could find on 2012, between the fabled nibiru, to the mayan calender, numerous prophecies, so on and so forth. I told everyone i knew that I didnt think anything would happen....but i blatently hoped that something would. Zombies, earthquakes, aliens, I didnt care. I just wanted something to happen to shake the world to its core. We need a change... Needless to say I was very disappointed. This struggling day to day to make ends meet is really dragging me down. All the faith I have left is with my wife and children, and every new dawn that breaks brings the feeling more and more that my childrens future grows meeker and meeker. what a downer....._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I did the same thing a few years ago after delving deep into New Age ideas, dabbling in Buddhism, meditation, all that jazz. Ended up totally messed up, confused and lost the will to live. Looking inside for meaning and answers, lol...you just dig up more and more BS when you do that. There will never be a revolution of the human mind, or a human centered spiritual awakening.

Real Christianity is the only truth, and I don't mean man made denominations and bible thumping televangelists. If you want the truth get a study Bible, start with the Gospels and work your way through the New Testament. Ask God for wisdom and to reveal himself to you, He will.

And ignore all the people who call you a close minded idiot or nutball, they are just as, if not more, lost, than you are right now.

God bless.
edit on 23-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by thedoctorswife

Well thats the thing i am turning 30 in a few months and i have lot of life experience. But it seems that maybe i have focused all my time into all this stuff when in all reality maybe my head should not have been in the clouds and maybe i should have focused on real things. I am still debating all these questions within myself but maybe I want everyones opinion because i might be stuck on this subject at the moment..

Yeah but, what really are "REAL THINGS"??? What if "real things" are what is there to distract us from what matters. Youve had a knock back i think from the 2012 stuff, we'll get you back on track.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What do you see for the future of the internet and the way it alters human relationships? Do you think it decreases the quality of contact?

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgafmisfit83
I spent this entire year trying to gorge myself on all the info i could find on 2012, between the fabled nibiru, to the mayan calender, numerous prophecies, so on and so forth. I told everyone i knew that I didnt think anything would happen....but i blatently hoped that something would. Zombies, earthquakes, aliens, I didnt care. I just wanted something to happen to shake the world to its core. We need a change... Needless to say I was very disappointed. This struggling day to day to make ends meet is really dragging me down. All the faith I have left is with my wife and children, and every new dawn that breaks brings the feeling more and more that my childrens future grows meeker and meeker. what a downer....._javascript:icon('
')

The right of passage, whether it be the killing of a Lion with a spear or the extinction of long held beliefs is a normal passage. Look at it this way...your slate is clean therefore you may go fourth and find your own truths; once they are yours ( because you learned them yourself ) they become your unshakable core beliefs and become who you really are.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

edit on 23-12-2012 by krazyiven because: responding to an off topic post

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky

')

The right of passage, whether it be the killing of a Lion with a spear or the extinction of long held beliefs is a normal passage. Look at it this way...your slate is clean therefore you may go fourth and find your own truths; once they are yours ( because you learned them yourself ) they become your unshakable core beliefs and become who you really are.

Nicely said, my friend.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Mm well,you're bit at the end may prove that something did,in fact,happen to you on Friday although it's clearly not what you're expecting but only time will tell whether it's a change for better or worse.

You seem disappointed,like you were expecting things to change on the 21st but I'm afraid the world,in my experience doesnt work like that.If you hang around and wait for the enlightenment,ascension,an epiphany,for the world to recognise how special you are or even you numbers to come up on the lottery all that's gonna happen is your life will pass while you wait.

I don't know about new age thinking,metaphysical,interconnectness or hot we're all one etc,etc but what I do know is that we come into this world alone and exit the same way and it's entirely down to you and no one else what you make of it.

I mean there's no reason,except maybe you might feel a bit short changed by the whole 21st thing.Yet that's no reason to lose faith in yourself,the people you have in your life,that people are essentially good though many will tell you different and sometimes hard to believe but on the whole people are more good than bad.

Don't lose faith in the fact that nature that the universe is so much more vast and infinitely more complex than we'll ever begin to know.There's certainly much beyond our understanding and I found out paranormal stuff does happen.

Maybe the 21st was the catalyst that caused you to change your focus and start a new phase of your life.The end of one era and the start of new one which is pretty much what the Mayans were talking about.

Me,i lost my job on Friday.So it looks like an end of one thing and the start of who the hell knows for me too.lol.

But don't lose faith,don't become cynical and most important don't lose hope or a sense of humour.lol

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by 727Sky

')

Nicely said, my friend.

Hahahahah well I am glad someone appreciates my fumbling ways. Thank you...

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Lose faith in everything but yourself.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Interesting and provides ypssop for those feelings such. On topic remain positive and keep an open outlook on things.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I see change. I see a big potential. I'm certain others feel it and see it too.

I knew a long time ago that I may live this life till the end feeling personally unsatisfied... and this notion comes to me as some kind of price. I hate that thought, but it doesn't matter.

Some in history were willing to do what's right... walk the right path.

When you can see this for yourself and truly believe... more than just wishful thinking or past rumors of good men, but when you know it, like it or not... no matter how long it takes and how tedious the process is... you won't let it go. You won't give up hope on the one's who tried... no matter how many times you threaten it, unless you were in it for the wrong reasons and simply do not care.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

well anyway i think i lost all my faith in New age, metaphysical philosophies and maybe anything paranormal. I think all this was now made for humans to distract us from reality. I have finally come to terms with this! The reason is this i have spent countless hours and energy thinking of conspiracy theories that i think its time to grow up. I had some sort of expectation for 2012! Not much but i wanted at least something small to happen and when nothing happened at all my mind was changed and now i think my mind is drastically changing....

The new age is always happening, things are different now than they were ten years ago. Paranormal is better than normal because a pair of anything is better than one. Don't know much about the Metaphysical myself, other than the definition. As far as conspiracies, there isn't really a conspiracy, most people are just out for themselves. They seem to use the same tactics so it seems their deceit is related. It's just greed, ego, and desire for power and that encompasses everything going on. Everything exists but nothing exists, sounds kinda strange doesn't it.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I had some sort of expectation for 2012! Not much but i wanted at least something small to happen

Look at it as a new beginning for your self.

From my perspective on your situation something BIG happened. You even said it your self!

my mind was changed and now i think my mind is drastically changing....

That sounds huge.

Embrace that change without judgements wherever it may lead you.

Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent. Martin Luther King, Jr.

edit on 23-12-2012 by YourOtherSelf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Take a trip to the San Luis valley in Southern Colorado. Spend some time there, talk to a few locals with an open mind and I can assure you that the high strangeness of this area will blow your mind as it did mine.

www.seancasteel.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join