It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we see 'ghost'? I bet we can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
New theory on paranormal.

Many researchers are spending a lot of time and making some advancements
in this area.
I myself am still open to ideas and suggestions as to what/how and why
the paranormal is there.

Many say "That dose not exist" or "Its all a bunch of crap" or "They are
making that up".

While i can see their point, i know enough to know something is afoot.

Naturally the Paranormal run's a long the lines of the U.F.O.

50% made up
25% mis identified
20% natural causes
5% unexplainable

its that 5% that makes me even consider the option of things being real.

So with that said, i had this idea while trying to sleep.
Why can we not see ghost/paranormal etc.?

My theorie is because as humans we are limited, we are not
able to see direct light, what we see is reflected light.

So what if the 'ghost' are only seen by direct light?

Is there any equipment out there that can view direct light?
Has any groups or research members used this?

I am off to search and see what i come up with, but i thought i would
put a post up to see if anyone else could add to this or help develope this idea.
And ultimately test it.

Who knows, if this is the case, it may change the way we see things in this
field. (Pun intended)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I have seen a full size blue white ectoplasm ghost of an old lady in a hospital.Hospitals like battle fields,murder scenes and other places are places that are or once were charged with emotion.Ghosts are often seen in such areas.Most of the spirit world cannot be seen by humans as it is outside of the spectrum we see,for example we cannot see in infra-red or ultra violet but things certainly exist in these spectrums.In certain conditions or atmospherics this veil can perhaps be lifted and certain individuals with heightened or acute senses then can percieve the ghost.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I have seen ghosts with my eyes....sure, not many people believe me....but some do, because they saw some of the same things.

How they appear on film and digital images is not always as they appear to the human eye, though.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The dreaded double post...oh,no....
edit on 23-12-2012 by kyred because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

The eye does not discriminate between direct and indirect light.

When sufficient light strikes the retina, it is sensed, regardless of the source.

Even if there were some strange "ghost light" that revealed only ghosts, the issue for most people is not the special light, but where it is coming from.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
New theory on paranormal.

Many researchers are spending a lot of time and making some advancements
in this area.

Who are these researchers and what are those advancements you are talking about?

Many say "That dose not exist" or "Its all a bunch of crap" or "They are
making that up".

They say so for a reason.

While i can see their point, i know enough to know something is afoot.

Let's see if you do.

Naturally the Paranormal run's a long the lines of the U.F.O.

50% made up
25% mis identified
20% natural causes
5% unexplainable

Where do these numbers come from?

its that 5% that makes me even consider the option of things being real.

Hmm, if we pretend that the above is true, that 75% of it all is made up,
and 20% are natural causes, isn't it logical that sometimes you just have to give up explaining elaborate nonsense?
Even in natural causes, it might be impossible for someone who's familiar in the subject (may it be aviation, astronomy, geology or psychology) take in second-hand information and be able to determine what exactly happened there.
Also, you have an invisible spirit that takes on the shape of a horse outside of this universe, the problem is that you cannot prove that my paranormal fact is true. So, this also falls into the 5%.

So with that said, i had this idea while trying to sleep.

Because they don't exist.

My theorie is because as humans we are limited, we are not
able to see direct light, what we see is reflected light.

What? If a photon hits our eye we can see it.

So what if the 'ghost' are only seen by direct light?

That does not make any sense. What is "Direct light"?

Is there any equipment out there that can view direct light?
Has any groups or research members used this?

Yes, A photomultiplier, a camera, an eye, a photoresistor.. a..

I am off to search and see what i come up with, but i thought i would
put a post up to see if anyone else could add to this or help develope this idea.
And ultimately test it.

Did I test it enough?

Who knows, if this is the case, it may change the way we see things in this
field. (Pun intended)

Yes.. I don't know about that.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Mm as the redoubtable sceptic,one of those who argues wholeheartedly for evolution in that particular debate and who also tries to apply common sense and reason to every day life where possible it may be surprising to hear that I certainly accept the 'paranormal'.

Why?? because I've experienced it,witnessed definitely not 'normal' things happen that just couldn't be explained with all the reason,logic and common sense I could throw at it.

I've seen a ghost or what I much later learnt is known as a shadow person on many occasions.I wasn't aware of the shadow person phenomena at the time so referred to it as a ghost,,semantics

I never saw it directly,,only out the corner of my eye or in mirrors which was frustrating as I'd been a non believer for so long by then I was wanting an actual definitive answer one way or the other before I could be sure if there was anything there or just my mind playing tricks.

As it turned out it was a number of undeniable physical events that assured me there was something going on and not a full frontal sighting in the end but that's a topic for another day !!

As to why they are hard to see is an interesting question.First of all what exactly are they anyway.It's been passed down over centuries that their the spirits of the dead that haven't passed on but just because that's a long held belief doesn't actually make it the truth.

I've heard that perhaps they are living,sentient beings that occupy the same physical space as us but on a different dimension.Possible but who knows !!

I did hear one theory that claimed the reason why 'shadow people' are being seen more often (apart from the obvious give a phenomena a name and more and more people begin to experience it.Ever the sceptic.lol) is down to the fact we spend so much time infront screens of a higher frequency than our old tube t.v's that it's somehow enhancing our ability to see things of a slightly higher frequency than we were able to,say 10 years or more ago.

I've no idea how valid a theory that is in reality but it sounded just mad enough to be plausible !!

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul

Same reason we never see aliens...

Because they aren't what they appear to be... it's a RUSE.

The Philip experiment and others like it made that quite plain.

Completely exposes the stealth agenda...

The Philip Experiment. During the 1970s, a group of Canadian parapsychologists decided to invent a ghost. They chose a non-haunted location, made up a name/age/background for their fake spirit, and proceeded to perform a typical paranormal investigation. Imagine their surprise when, after a few days of work, they started getting activity in the place—including communications from an entity that corroborated the Philip back story by pretending to be him. Was a ghost manufactured from nothing? Of course not. Was it a demon lying to the investigators in an attempt to interact more with them? Hmm…

LINK

The Philip experiment was so successful that the Toronto organization decided to try it again with a completely different group of people and a new fictional character. After just five weeks, the new group established "contact" with their new "ghost," Lilith, a French Canadian spy. Other similar experiments conjured up such entities as Sebastian, a medieval alchemist and even Axel, a man from the future. All of them were completely fictional, yet all produced unexplained communication through their unique raps. ..the experiments proved that paranormal phenomena are quite real.

The Philip experiment

Creating a Ghost – The Philip Aylesford Experiment

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
anglodemonicmatrix
wow, i bet those experiences made ya stop for a sec. *lol* I know of a few that have reported seeing
things. True, from the research i have seen so far, the UV end is not friendly, images are much
more often captured in normal light or IR light.

kyred
True, i could see where they would appear different to the camera compared to the human eyes.
*lol* Those double post get all of us from time to time.

SuspendedBelief
Thanks, i will do some reading in the morning.

chr0naut
True, our eyes do see 'light' but as i understand it, to see things because of light, it first has to
bounce light from it, to the eyes...
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...
might help with what i am trying to say.

Nevertheless
Wow, Really? are you just bored and are out looking for a debate, or did someone
crap in your chereo's? *lol* (dont take it the wrong way.)
lots of questions and kind of misguided for someone who has only been here a week
or so.
I'd give a honest response to all the questions, but it seems like you are just out to
argue and cause trouble. or to get your post numbers up.

So from what i have taken from your post, you are in full belief that its all a bunch of
crap and all made up. Which is cool, everyone has their own opinion.
But riddle me this... how much time have your spent researching and investigating to
find out first hand that this is the case? Read many articles? See many investigation
documentaries? Actually go out and spend a lil time investigating?
or is this all just from your main belief system and you are going off your gut feeling and
what you were taught?
You seem to be decently educated and intelligent, might even add a chip on the shoulder,
for one to claim for a definitive that something is not in existence, one must have at least
put some time in researching the fact's.

fastbob72
Same here, i have seen enough and experienced enough to accept it and even look a
little deeper and see what gives.
There are a lot of theories out there, many of wich make sen
ce, i am still on the fence on
all of them, i know enough to know something is there and happening, but not enough to know
exactly what it is and how and why. But since i have time now, i am slowly starting to dabble
into the area and see what i can come up with, not based on 'ghost' or 'spirit' but more along
the lines of, ok, that was weird, what caused that and how and why and how do i document it,
and can it be recreated...
For now i am the research phase of it.. digging as much into it as i can, and boy will it take you to
some bizarre places *LOL*. But trying to get at the core of how to prove/disprove beyond a shadow
of a doubt, as well as a way to better document.
It could all be a waste of time, or it could be something very interesting and educational.
Who knows, but right now in my life, time is what i have, so i decided to put it to use.

The theorie makes sense, since it was proved a long time ago that the dot's on the screen
actually help your eyesight and make it more focused compared to the older tv's.

Murgatroid
True, i have considered that aspect of it as well. But if that is the case, that is ok as well
because that would mean that we, or our brains are creating this. Which would be facinating
to research and dig into. If it is us creating it, which i believe is fully possible, then there are
the questions, of how do we by just using our mind make things appear on recorded footage,
or EVP voice recordings, or how do we make things move... i am fully open to this being the
cause, because it would lend merit to the fact that our brains can do so much more than we
do with them currently.
I am not talking the obviously faked stuff, but the stuff where it baffles the ghost researcher
and yet they have evidence of a 'ghost' on tape or recording, if this is just our minds, then it
could lead to results that could have huge impact on life.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi there Severdsoul,I read your thread about you intelligent ghost.First of all,I'm sorry to hear about your illness it's funny how often somebody goes to the doctor cos they don't feel quite themselves only to get such news.If something suddenly gives way or stops working the effects dramatic but when it happens over time you barely notice.You get so used to feeling like sh**e,it feels normal.Especially when you're working day in day out.I hope you get some positive news there,where there's life,there's hope !!

Thanks for your reply and actually I didnt know that the dots on t.v screens had been shown to improve eyesight.I can't even link to where I read about the pc screens,in particular flat screen LCD types we all have today because it was at least 2 year ago I read it and haven't a clue where.lol.

I remember reading years ago,in fact I'm not sure if it's true or total cod's but I believe it's mainly higher frequencies that are recieved by our periphery vision,supposedly that's why it's movement that we notice out the sides of our eyes not detail.

It was something to do with Jamacian fisherman having better periphery vision due to smoking green where I read it 20 year ago so it might be complete BS but it may go someway to explaining why we tend to catch them out the corner of our eye mostly.

I read Murgatroids post about the Phillips experiment,plus the article he linked too.It was fascinating stuff and it's along the lines of what I believe was happening when me and my mates did the Ouija board.It was exciting at the time and we wanted to believe it was demons and dead people we were in contact with but personally I always suspected it was our minds collectively producing the effect by some mechanism I couldnt quite fathom.I'm sure no one was pushing the penny.lol.

The experiment speaks to the power of the mind or perhaps a group of minds.What did strike me though was the amount of time,thought and imagination that went into creating their 'spirit' inventing back stories,getting his portrait painted,actively discussing him amongst themselves and even then they needed to create a seance like atmosphere before anything occured.

That's an awful lot of context building,imagining,focusing,story creation and setting from multiple minds to believe that all paranormal experiences can be dismissed as a creation of our own mind.Those in the experiment actively sought to create an effect with an intent behind it so how does that compare to the people in the real world who aren't aware of the paranormal till it makes itself known.

What do you think about your own 'entity' at home,.are you aware of it's presence.Can you sense it's there without it actively making noises or touching the bed ??

It might sound mad but does it have a persona as such or is it just a phenomena ??

Have you an inkling of what it is at all ??

new topics

top topics

join