It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Talamasca Files

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I was actually pretty interested in this until I hit this line:

"Disclaimer – These threads are for entertainment purposes only."

What the heck? Are you claiming these are fictional or not? Is this for discussion of things that people think are real or about folklore?

Pick a freaking side, lose the wishy-washy disclaimer and keep your peanut butter out of the chocolate. Either this should stay in this forum and lose the crappy disclaimer, or you should move it to the short story forum. There's enough lies, hoaxes, and flat out stupid people out there that we don't need the waters _intentionally_ muddied for pete's sake!

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

Feeling better ?

The Disclaimer is a way of saying that even if the stories are true, they should be taken with a grain of salt. There are very young ones here on ATS and the intent is to share stories that a lot of folks haven't heard of, that are of a paranormal nature instead of freaking out the gallery.

Finally, it isn't up to me to decide to switch a thread to another board. The Moderators do so if the board isn't properly chosen for the topic at hand, and I think I chose the right board.

Too bad you stopped reading, they're good stories. But I understood from the get go that I wouldn't be able to satisfy everybody. Fine by me.

Thank you for dropping by.

edit on 26-12-2012 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Unsatisfactory. Do you, personally, attest that these stories are not, to the best of your knowledge, _fictional_?

Not "Do you think think they are true?" or "Do you think their reporters believe what they are saying?", but simply, "Do you have any reason to think think these are completely fiction, fabricated tales never intended to be construed as real? Like the Anne Rice stuff the threads are named for?".

It's a simple, fundamental question that is utterly dodged by your "disclaimer". And who is the disclaimer for? What liability are you disclaiming?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Great thread

I started from part 3 and worked my way back. Looking forward to part 4!

Good reads throughout, keep up the good work!

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

Hello again Stunspot,

These stories are not, to the best of my knowledge, fictional but true events that have really happened, that is the reason I chose them and posted them. Now, how people interpret them, as fictional or myths or legends or tales or true events that led to imaginative stories isn't up to me but to them.

You seem stuck on the word Disclaimer and it's okay. I would recommend just ignoring it if it bothers you that much. I have no intentions of arguing on semantics over a word with you if such is your goal.

My apologies if my first reply was unsatisfactory, to you. But maybe we should just agree to disagree.

With all due respect,

~Son.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

I'm heading back to word so it might be a couple of days before the fourth part comes to life.

Glad you enjoyed !! Thank you !

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Awesome work SotS! I'll be reading all of the threads this weekend. Love topics like this.

SnFs coming for all the threads.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hiya Druid !!!

Sure hope you'll enjoy them !!!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I will be enjoying them. Arcane lore is a favorite study of mine.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

For me, personally, it's been really fun looking into some of those stories. Witchcraft was a given, as you know I debated the stance of witchcraft still being active nowadays ( I remember the beating...
) and good ghost stories could fill many many threads. The werewolf and vampire ones were tougher to find interesting and accurate accounts. Perhaps from the fact that I don't believe in neither of them but a few stories had me scratch my head...

Most replies have brought a big happy smile on my face, on all four threads. I think that there is still a huge need for paranormal mysteries. There are much more stars than replies and this gives the indication that members do like the topics but don't necessarily wish to add in.

And although most of us live under the motto of "denying ignorance", most of us also enjoy a good scary story. Fastbob has given an excellent reply in the fourth part that does contribute to "Deny Ignorance".

This has been and still is, a fascinating experience.

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun

Too bad you stopped reading, they're good stories.

No....

Excellent Stories!

S&F

top topics

<< 1   >>

join