It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Live in A Computer Simulation!!!? Code of Reality Found, Same as Used in your PC!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Come on guys, seriously?

There is no science here, merely "scientific conjecture".

This is someone having a nice little brain exercise, just like anyone talking about any spatial dimension outside of the first, second, and third. Unverifiable and Non-repeatable, just like the rest of the 'answers' you get from esoteric marble-mouths.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by NJoyZ

I really like the description in OP's original post: "Everything exists everywhere else"

Nice

I just checked Bing and the only hit for those exact words are this thread. This combination of words not used before on the net? OP, you may have summed up the universe!
edit on 24-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit after Bing check

I've added the quote into the article on ATS on uncyclopedia. Quoted myself just for the record that it is your quote (as far as I know, could it be from......aliens? Nah, probably yours). The computer program, of course, created the quote, you, me, our computers, ATS, and uncyclopedia. A very nice simulation!
edit on 24-12-2012 by Aleister because: edit

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
At first when I saw this thread, I thought what a lot of others thought: "someone's been watching matrix again." But, the more I ponder the theory, the more willing I am to accept it as a possibility. I haven't watched the videos yet, or even heard anything about this before today- so anything I repeat is purely accidental.

There are so many mysteries about our world, universe, history in general that will never be explained. I saw a history channel show not too long ago about an alien race actually splicing their genes with the apes in order to make us humans for slavery. (I believe there's a thread on here somewhere that talks about it as well). As many posts have said, we are essentially energy: all things living and inanimate are pure energy. Science has taught us the way molecules vibrate even in solids, which means they really aren't solid.

History truly does repeat itself..... But why? In a world of so much "chance" and quadrillions of goal/action/reaction/cause/effect scenarios, how is it possible to keep coming up with the same events? Think of snowflakes-- an infinite number of combinations the water christals can combine in, making every snowflake unique. That is exactly as human history SHOULD be, yet we experience very real and very similar events throughout history. This lends credence to the matrix idea, as a computer is limited to what the programmer put into it. The same numbers on dice come around every so often, because there is a limit to what outcomes are possible.

S&F good post OP

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think we live in a simulation/glorified Sims game or world and I don't think the programmers are humans and are simply some other species that created this for who knows what reason. The reason I think this is a simulation is simple:

-the idea of some loving personal god creating some species for companionship and using this life/world as some test and when you die you go to some other place seems too illogical to me. I could believe in a creator just making this place as some glorified ant farm though.

-the idea that the universe and everything in it just poof, came from nothing and the theory of macro evolution (along with the numerous flaws and problems with the whole theory of evolution which is a whole other subject) is too much of a fairy tale to me. Plus, there is far too much order and "coincidence" in the world for me to think everything is some random deal.

Another thing that to me says this is a simulation (or at least some control) is how so much technological advancement has come in the last say 200 years (especially the last 50-100) and I have a hard time believing that for all the years humans have supposedly been alive and the billions of them that have existed before, that only recently have people got the ideas to and knowledge to invent so much of the stuff we take for granted now. It just seems way too programmed as though an external force "planted" (as in programmed the new characters) the people into existence to have the ideas and knowledge to do so as though this is some linear type of path.

I don't think there is anything special about humans or this simulation/program and I don't really understand why some think the idea this is a simulation is ridiculous as though they can't accept they are just code or they think that somehow the simulation wouldn't be possible...how would you know if you are real or not? It can't be proven either way and spare me the "science can tell" crap since if this is a simulation then what science says is based on nothing but code as well.

Also, why act like the simulation would be too hard to do since you have no idea what the tech is like and are simply limited to what is known on this planet at this time. Some can say it would take so much computational power and storage yet maybe it is tiny and the equivalent of what we see as a couple megabytes....can't use our system to describe something external.

And to those who think there is no way it could work, imagine going back 500 years and telling someone you will invent a portable device to speak to people around the world that uses invisible radio waves in the sky. They'd look at you and say you are nuts or possessed by the "devil" and yet bam, cell phones. Point is things that exist today would be laughed at hundreds of years ago so why think a simulation can't be what this universe is?

So yeah, for me this is a glorified computer program and it'd be neat to be able to fully prove that or find out if I am correct or not yet I realize that isn't going to happen unless the programmers decided to share it with everyone.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by officemonkey

I've pretty much come to the same path as you with this analogy. Is it logical to think that life and everything that is in harmony with it, created out of pure random chaotic events? To say yes would be similar for a computer programmer to write a very simple script that randomly generate infinite amount of numbers and randomly compiles them together and creates the most sophisticated advanced 3D engine, artificial intelligence all working harmoniously together in a digital "living" virtual reality video game, how likely is that to happen with no intelligent guidance at all? ... not likely. With that in mind, the idea that we were intelligently design somehow is starting to sound more logical.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
me personally I think its all really simple as far as the holographic universe thing is concerned.

light as we see it and the reflection of the universe is by all means a hologram, everything we currently use too look out into the heavens and cosmos is brought to us via photons.

unfortunately due to observations, we now know to a great deal of certainty, that alot of what we do see is quite incomplete.
we know there are things like dark matter and dark energy, and soon it will be well understood that the true universe does not infact look the way we see.

our carbon based life reel's too and from the light and dark, we are so caught up in the day to day grind we even figured out its math.

but the reality is light alone is not the only intrinsic property of space and time, and there is more too it all then particles and waves.

we know the universe is flat, so therefor we also know that an infinity of possibility's of what is out there truly does exist.
you all may be interested to know that not only does the holographic universe exist, but it also doesn't.

lol

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You've got it all backwards. Technology reflects nature, end of.

posted on Jan, 31 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The last two minutes of this video are about an Oxford professors theory that our universe and our consciousnesses are simulated on computers of the future.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join