It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sick company profiting from the Sandy Hook massacre

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
There was something similar a while back marketed for private security contractors (by idiots referred to as "mercenaries"), a backpack that could be turned into a tactical vest. I'm guessing it's something similar, that this backpack will actually transform into a bullet-proof vest, though as some have said, it would be required to hold heavy ceramic plates to be effective against any serious weapons.

In fact, it could be counterproductive if the vest does not have the ceramics, in that the bullet would penetrate, and the vest would instead keep it from exiting the body after it has lost kinetic energy bouncing around in there for a while.

I foresee a lot of parents buying this thoughtlessly, but I hope everybody does think twice before equipping their children with it. The result can, as said, be disastrous.

I do, however, not find this particularly sick. It's a safety product, nothing else. It was sold before, and will continue to be sold after this crisis. Everybody is bashing gun retailers and manufacturers for making tools designed to take lives. Let's not also bash companies that make stuff designed to save lives.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
ATS is also profiting from this massacre. More traffic, more ad money. Doesn't mean they like it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baguul
Sorry, I fail to how this is 'sick'... maybe cheeky or useless, but sick?
I don't see how they call it sick either.
If they decided to design, make or sell this product AFTER the massacre... then maybe I could see where they could be blamed for 'profiting' from the massacre.

Are parents that have purchased these products 'sick' also?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't see what is so "sick" about it. I think it is a great idea.
SO does that mean that companies that cater to homeschooling supplies & resources are "sick" too just because they may see an increase in business?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
My kid has a life jacket that has some cartoon character on it. Is that company sick too?
I truly fail to comprehend why you would take offense at the bulletproof backpack. It doesn't harm anyone.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaedur
ATS is also profiting from this massacre. More traffic, more ad money. Doesn't mean they like it.
The news media are the ones truly profiting from this and other massacres. They put it front and center on the news, interrupt regular programming to let us see more, all the while, they are charging their advertisers more, due to increased viewership. The sick ones are sitting in front of their TV sets continuing to watch it.

I had to turn the set off twice because the regular programming was interrupted while my children were watching something else. I don't want them seeing that crap, I don't think there is anything wrong with childhood remaining somewhat innocent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join