It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting Themselves an Automatic Pay Increase Every Year In 1989 They'll Eventually Get Your $

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
While I agree their should be less spending, in Washington D.C, it should begin with those who are supposed to be our so called leaders.

Automatic Pay Increases for Congress

Aaron Sharockman and Amy Sherman

Thanks to a 1989 law, members of Congress are subject to automatic annual pay increases. That means members can avoid taking awkward floor votes to raise their own pay.

Must be nice to automatic pay raise every year, no matter the circumstances going on around you..although how someone's conscious let's them get away with it.

Lori Montgomery and Paul Kane

Obama also gave ground on a key Republican demand — applying a less-generous measure of inflation across the federal government. That change would save about $225 billion over the next decade, with more than half the savings coming from smaller cost-of-living increases for Social Security beneficiaries.

For two years prior to 2012, there was no cost of living increase in Social Security Benefits. I sit and watch my Senior friend (who is like a mother to me) struggle with bills. Cable and phone are always 2 months behind, she pays just the minimum.

She gets no extra help from the state, She had a bad fall this year, and was in hospital the (ineptitude of the hospital failed to check and see that her wrist was fractured until she was ready to go home even though she had complained about it) and she had had therapy for awhile. I applied for Medicaid for her online, all they gave her was stupid share of cost (takes care of the hospital nothing else, should she go back in again) meanwhile because she "makes too much money in Social Security in her gross paycheck" she gets no transportation to Drs, no help with perscriptions, and no help with the 20% of the drs. bills. Medicare Part D is a joke, they want $25.00 a month payments and a $300.00 deductible. I heard that there were going to be some cuts to Medicare Advantage plans.

So, while some people think it won't affect me I'm not a Senior, one day you will be more how will your government use methods to throw you under the bus?

If you're an old or older person reading this think about this, the only time you're useful to a politician is at election time, for votes and even better if you have a good chunck of change to donate to the political party of your choice.

edit on 18-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 18-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: spelling

edit on 18-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 18-12-2012 by 1loserel2 because: Change in title

join