It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will now have sympathy in 3..2..1..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I can't express how annoyed i am by people only caring about certain events when they are continuously shoved down your throats. Yes, what happened in Connecticut is sad but think about how many kids die everyday around the world. You don't hear about that nor do you care enough to find out about it. What I am trying to say is that people show sympathy because the news throws on the overkill switch to make people feel sympathy. You don't see posts on here over flooding the new topics about the kids that die every day from violent militarily with no care in the world what their bombs do to the children and adults they kill every day. Yes, these kids have been robbed from a future but so have thousands upon thousands of kids over in the middle east. Do you hear anyone expressing sympathy for them? NOPE!

My point is, is that the majority of the people only care when the media tells you to care and the only reason the media cares about this recent shooting is because they can milk it for all its worth. They do not care about child death in the world. The deaths over in the middle east from military that doesn't get glorified proves right there that media only publicizes what they can further for politicians' agendas.

I hope everyone today can take a minute and realize that these 29 kids that were murdered are a fraction of the kids that die everyday because of government monsters with military backing and now the same government who commits constant murder has sympathy for kids now.

edit on 16-12-2012 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The media does not want us to care about the CT shooting because it is a tragedy. They want us upset so that TPTB can get more guns away from more Americans. They are not allowed by the same PTB to highlight what is happening inn other countries because that might cause an outcry where we demand our troops return home.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 16-12-2012 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
but think about how many kids die everyday around the world.

Yes, these kids have been robbed from a future but so have thousands upon thousands of kids over in the middle east. Do you hear anyone expressing sympathy for them? NOPE!

I hope everyone today can take a minute and realize that these 29 kids that were murdered are a fraction of the kids that die everyday

edit on 16-12-2012 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

I know that many members on ATS do think about all the children that die needlessly...globally...daily. We do care..and from time to time...many have commented on this in various threads.

Many, many people on earth are awake and aware and do care.

edit on 16-12-2012 by caladonea because: correct spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

It just makes me sad they only glorify "tragedies" when they can further political movement.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue
reply to post by caladonea

It just makes me sad they only glorify "tragedies" when they can further political movement.

I know among the groups of TPTB...there are those that pretend to care and are only out for themselves.

However...there are also those who do care and really want to help. I have watched CNN during this CT crisis; and many of the reporters eyes were teary; and they had to work very hard to sustain their composure.

Not all politicians and media people are cold hearted; many do really care and want to make changes.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Grandstanding maudlin displays, an element of the grand manipulators' plans. I saw it with the 911 anniversary too. Never forget!!! Waahh!!!

There's too much murdering going on all over the world, constantly--and our own government is behind a huge portion of it. And NOW Obama cares about kids? Cares about LOOKING like he cares about kids, while coordinating the disarming of our citizens "under the radar."

Personally I think this last episode was one of many carried out by "inside" agencies; one of many already past and many more yet to come. We haven't seen the last of what this cowardly bunch is capable of.

My sympathies to the families, let me hasten to add. But just as much anger....

join