It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a separate forum/thread selection for gun control / massacres.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good day everyone,

In the wake of the tragic shooting this past Friday, it has become evident to me that this issue has become a swollen can of words that has exploded over all avenues of our lives, and the media. Such that you can not wander anywhere in any form of media, and not encounter it. As such, much like the disaster in Japan, It may be more effective to move and consolidate all threads relating to the shooting(s) of late to one area where they be discussed and chewed over and hopefully provide some measure of rational thought.

This is an issue with way too many hot buttons and I feel that it's own forum would likely provide better moderation and yet retain the focus needed for such an issue. Also since this issue is not likely to go away in the near future it will allow archival support in the long run as these discussion reach outward to affect our nation.

Thank you for you consideration.

M.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

No, it will go away don't worry. It is the soup of the day today but next week or next month it will be something different. A week ago it was gays and a few months ago it was Jews. You see cycles here all the time, this too will pass.

Frankly, I think an entire section dedicated to people murdering innocent people is a terrible Idea. Who wants to actually sit around and talk about that?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I was just about to say this. I suppose itll go away but should it? I dont think it should actually. Its a topic that needs to be discussed. But out of respect for the victims I think it should have its own forum... Away from the general conspiracies forum.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Maybe an "Sensational News and Overflow" forum?

Don't get me wrong, this was a very tragic thing and being both a father and grandfather made me sick to my stomach and broke my heart to see (I'm a cub scout leader and work with young boys all the time too).

But the amount of threads that get triggered here when something like this happens is like an explosion. I know the mods must have a hard time trying to keep tabs on it all.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Based on the popularity of gun control threads in it right now, maybe we should just rename this one.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What a stupid idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I still believe ATS is like an icecream shop like the thread I posted
. The flavor of the day is gun shaped caramels in a end of the world crushed up brownie... heck idk where Im going with this.. but you get the point

top topics

join