It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence According To Bone - Mind Blown In 3....2....1....

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomviolins
reply to post by Bone75

I think it is impossible to ignore that the shapes occurring in nature are random. However, I think that sometimes what makes a shape appear to be "random" has mostly to do with a narrow view of what "random" means. The resulting shape that we see may not represent anything more than how our minds turn information into perceptible shapes, and not reflecting the reality of a phenomenon.

Shapes are the results of a process. When the process is precisely repeated it should give the same result. Ofcource repeating the exact quantum stats of all the particles involved for instance would be impossible (for now) but that is besides the point.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I love this theory, I love the pictures that show Universal phenomena compared with different cells in the body. Amazingly similar. S+F

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Is this where science inserts it's finger, down the throat of philosophy, strictly to see what philosophy will vomit forth, at this one and only random moment ?

Thought provoking indeed.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The galaxy and the atom in the OP seem to be spun the opposite way. This may be a natural thing though when repetition of shapes happens.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by randyvs

The galaxy and the atom in the OP seem to be spun the opposite way. This may be a natural thing though when repetition of shapes happens.

I don't understand what, you mean because it seems the way it spins would depend upon which side you were to be viewing from, so is that relative or non-relative.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So we are a galaxy , or universe and we have humans on our bodily planet? LOL
Nutcase theory.

I get you but its just ridiculous.

edit on 13-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
We are living on the surface of a particle....
that is orbiting an electron....
that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom...
that resides in the body of a living organism....

that is living on the surface of a particle....

you know this reminds back in the day when i use to participate in activities, that are not allowed to be mentioned here. we use to talk about this kinda stuff all the time. and it didn't take us but about 5 mins to get there. well maybe 30 mins.

why did it take you 5 years?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Agreed many teens do end up discussing such ideas. It doesnt require great intellect to come to this theory.
Its funny how we ponder these things as teens. But the theory does make some interesting points and raises other questions.

Still...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Heres a youtube video by the Dalai Lama its called " The universe within a single atom"
www.youtube.com...
Think its also written in a book.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

Relative to the north or south orientation. most things have a distinct positive and negative orientation as related to spin but sometimes the spin is opposite. Sort of like the right hand law of motion that we were taught in school. It is possible to have a left hand law of motion also although we don't see it in nature much here on earth.

Some chemicals that are manmade spin in an opposite pattern. They have little if any nutrition value in medicine and the Pharma companies use these to stop certain things from happening in the body sometimes to treat people.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This one has always been of interest to me. Something I just realized too... the electron cloud.

Electrons seem to be in many places at once.

Consider a planet rotating around a sun. If you were looking from it from a perspective far, far, far, far away... The planet might seem as though it's in a number of places all at once. But simply, your version of time is slower.

Now, are we universe we are in, does it form something in another universe. And is that one either the same, or another one entirely different.

Odd questions.

Reminds me of a TNG episode where nanobots became self aware, started wrecking havoc on the computer because they needed the crystals to replicate. After a number of generations and evolution, they came in contact with the ship crew. Called them strange...

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
to look at the larger scale of the universe, knowing that all this would have to be happening very quickly... would mean that our smallness gives us the impression that time is nearly standing still. We watch stars creep across the sky and have gone to great extents to pay attention to their movement...while our own star travels at speeds above 50000mph. Certainly does not seem that way to us. We cannot even feel the earth move.... yet on the larger scale, it would all be happening in seconds.

When you think about the fact that at any point in time, something could happen to that larger scale... unpredicted.. and the universe does not mature so to speak in it's relative period of time...naturally. In other words, it's processes are not left to decay naturally causing the end to be far off in the future in a predictable way, but maybe tuesday of next week...and instead is suddenly changed, altered, destroyed, collapsed... who knows what.

Then it's almost like for a moment you can feel the earth move. You can feel the vastness of space...and you feel that in that moment, you might even fall off the edge of reality.

What is reality? We don't even know.

Another interesting note is that if we are looking at the micro in the macro... then what we see on earth is done on the nano scale. So now I'm wondering, what if life is to be found in nano particles?

What if that is the doorway to another dimension and other life?

What if we could find and communicate with a being on a nano scale...and it thought of us as some kind of controlling God, holding it's fate in our very hands. Could you ever see the world the same way?... knowing that everything you touch could hold infinite amounts of life.

And at the same time, what if even though we could see and attempt communication with one on the nano scale and reckoned with our terrible yet incredible findings...we then attempted to contact any one who contributes to the fate on the macro level.... but the controller of our fates could never realize it.... having never even thought about the interconnectedness of life... and our fate is in it's hands... whatever the hell it is.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Since reading "He who shrank" years ago, I have reflected upon the possibility of this kind of reality.
edit on 24-12-2013 by imd12c4funn because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2013 by imd12c4funn because: a-u-a

edit on 24-12-2013 by imd12c4funn because: add link

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

this needs a bump or two. i want to read the whole thread soon and watch the vids, or at least the good parts, but because i haven't, has anyone asked or explained why the "shadow" of an atom would look swirly? does this mean the atom itself is a wave? what exactly does the atom look like if it has a swirly shadow? those are my questions three, and if they've been answered already i will find out when i read the thread when time permits - but i couldn't wait because this is so interesting! thanks.

-- e.e. aleister

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join