It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence According To Bone - Mind Blown In 3....2....1....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Great thread. I've also been thinking along the same lines for a few years now. In fact, I remember asking my science teacher about the similarities between the classic model of an atom and our solar system when I was 11 or 12.
I'd never seen that picture of the atom's shadow before so I didn't know it was more like a Galaxy than a star system. Thanks for that.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
I'm sorry.

And, while I can sympathize with your position and analogy, a symbolic representation of a galaxy that we have never left to be able to look back and photograph, overlaying a highly pixelated photo that's supposed to be the backdrop displaying the blocked light of something that the naked eye can't see...Is an extremely poor way to start off your theory's explanation...

What do you mean we cant see atoms? Aren't we looking at them at this very moment?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The ARTISTS IMPRESSION of a spiral galaxy, and the "shadow" of an atom are both approximately circular in shape, and thats about all they have in common.

Although I'll be just as equally unimpressed if you manage to work this one into your theory as well...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

This reminds me on the cartoon ...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Something like this mentioned in Hindu cosmology; you are definitely not alone, OP. They mention that there are endless universes out there and we are all part of the whole thing as an atom is part of the whole body. Universes exist in the smallest particles of dust and exist outside of this universe we call the cosmos; it is all countless. They pass through us, and we pass through it.

The layers or elements covering the universes are each ten times thicker than the one before, and all the universes clustered together appear like atoms in a huge combination (Bhagavata Purana 3.11.41)

There are innumerable universes besides this one, and although they are unlimitedly large, they move about like atoms in You. Therefore You are called unlimited (Bhagavata Purana 6.16.37)

What am I, a small creature measuring seven spans of my own hand? I am enclosed in a potlike universe composed of material nature, the total material energy, false ego, ether, air, water and earth. And what is Your glory? Unlimited universes pass through the pores of Your body just as particles of dust pass through the openings of a screened window (Bhagavata Purana 10.14.11)

Because You are unlimited, neither the lords of heaven nor even You Yourself can ever reach the end of Your glories. The countless universes, each enveloped in its shell, are compelled by the wheel of time to wander within You, like particles of dust blowing about in the sky. The śrutis, following their method of eliminating everything separate from the Supreme, become successful by revealing You as their final conclusion (Bhagavata Purana 10.87.41)
A microcosm and macrocosm of itself; all part of the One.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

How exactly did they calculate that universe image? This particular universe isn't infinite after all?

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Whenever this theory (or similar) gets brought up, I see a lot of people coming to the realisation of how small they are. Think about it the other way. Think about how big you are. Yes you.
By logic, if you decide to play along with this idea, then we are each a massive universe containing billions of galaxies and trillions of stars and planets. You are a God of your own body/universe, and you should treat it with love and respect. Otherwise your inhabitants (micro organisms) might not believe you exist.

You get where I'm going?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I believe that's a computer model of the "known universe." It'll keep getting bigger and bigger though as time goes on and our technology gets more sophisticated, and not merely because it's "expanding" but because it's just that big...

The image itself is a snapshot. It's like taking a picture of a skin cell. If there is any "edge" to the universe, then it's simply the beginning of another one outside of it. In that sense, it's infinite.
edit on 16/12/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
reply to post by Bone75

While I have no argument for this, I'm curious now....if such a situation were true, what of human-consiousness? Why are we living THIS life, on THIS particle, etc. and so forth??

Any thoughts?

That is an understanding I have yet to receive, but I promise I will start a thread as soon as I do.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diggz

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
I'm sorry.

And, while I can sympathize with your position and analogy, a symbolic representation of a galaxy that we have never left to be able to look back and photograph, overlaying a highly pixelated photo that's supposed to be the backdrop displaying the blocked light of something that the naked eye can't see...Is an extremely poor way to start off your theory's explanation...

What do you mean we cant see atoms? Aren't we looking at them at this very moment?

I didn't say that we can't see atoms...I said that the naked eye, even when assisted by an electron microscope, doesn't see what that pixelated picture portrays...Couple that with a rendition of what an artist believes our Milky Way galaxy looks like, you have a very poor way to begin describing an otherwise well thought out, opinion!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Dont you all see it now? If we are living on the surface of a particle in an atom in a larger living being inside of an even LARGER being and so on...

Then that means that WE OURSELVES are ENTIRE UNIVERSES, within each of our bodies are trillions of Atoms/Galaxies that make up our physical presence (Made in his own image, God being the universe).

So we ourselves are GODS living inside of our own UNIVERSE/GOD, making every particle just a valuable as the value we put on our own lives... because each particle is ABUNDANT with WHOLE UNIVERSES!

Which brings me to my next belief...that as you travel through the universe (given you have interstellar tech.) you are actually traveling in and out of the atoms of your own body and the different matter you encounter all exists within you.

Meaning that every person exists within their own seperate entire universe that they can physically explore and govern to their will, but that universe still exists within the collective universe that we all reside in together! The personal universe is one dimension in an infinitely dimensional collective universe!!

This is the reason people see things so differently, because we are actually interpreting a seperate reality from the person next to us, a reality based on our own conscious perspective. If one person believes, their personal universe forms around their belief. If the other person does not believe, the universe does not form because the person has no thought to form from.

Which is why TWO PEOPLE can look at the SAME THING and see something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and will contest to the TRUTH of its EXISTANCE!!! Because BOTH PERSPECTIVES EXIST INDEPENDANTLY of each other, yet within the collective universe all perspectives are LINKED & EQUALLY VALID because they exist within each PERSONAL UNIVERSE!!!!

There, I've said my piece....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

If my theory is correct then the big bang of our universe can be explained by the moment of conception of the living being we reside within, and each new being conceived is the creation of a new universe.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

So in a nutshell, my theory goes like this...

We are living on the surface of a particle....
that is orbiting an electron....
that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom...
that resides in the body of a living organism....

that is living on the surface of a particle....

Or maybe since everything is connected patterns repeat themselves all over the universe.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Apparently you have never read Madeleine L'Engle's series, beginning with "A Wrinkle In Time". In it, she propounda a similar idea.
edit on 16-12-2012 by incoserv because: clarification

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

So in a nutshell, my theory goes like this... We are living on the surface of a particle.... that is orbiting an electron.... that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom... that resides in the body of a living organism.... that is living on the surface of a particle.... that is orbiting an electron.... that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom... that resides in the body of a living organism.... that is living on the surface of a particle.... that is orbiting an electron.... that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom... that resides in the body of a living organism.... that is living on the surface of a particle.... that is orbiting an electron.... that is orbiting the nucleus of an atom... that resides in the body of a living organism....
reply to post by Bone75

Right or wrong, this is still a logical process of evidence leading to a logical assumption. S&F for that. If we can look into a microscopic world, then who is to say that our world isn't microscopic to another plane of existence?

Must admit I was a bit perturbed at your thread heading. I thought you'd found some hidden secret in bones.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I have long held this belief as well. And it goes the other direction as well, as in...

Every atom inside our bodies...
Contain electrons spinning around them...
Which contain particles spinning around them...
Which contain imperceptibly small life forms...

Which are comprised of atoms...
With electrons spinning around them...

Which are comprised of atoms...
With electrons spinning around them...

...and that, my friend, is the very definition of Infinity!

AND perhaps even Other Dimensions...

Consider the ant which, while crawling around on the ground, cannot perceive your finger above its head, much less see the entire field on which it roams. Would we be able to see a being comparatively larger (exponentially) than us? Size IS a very likely scenario when we speak of other dimensions. After all, that is the layman's usage of the term! (As in, 'What are the dimensions of that room?')

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
He created man in his image......maybe a literal interpretation? we are part of him he gave us life?

Well that depends on who's doing the interpreting....
A carbon atom contains....

6 protons
6 neutrons
6 electrons

Ponder that for a bit.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The pictures in this thread point to special creation and a creator with a similiar design for both life and the universe in which that life exists..

I'd like for one one person to give me an example of matter...be it a rock, a dog, a neutron, an elephant, anything that exists in our physical universe....give me an example of anything which possesses matter that can exist before it existed.

As in, a cell that created itself.
edit on 16-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2012 by BSFC123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Almost the same as Infinite Hierarchical Nesting of Matter.
en.wikiversity.org...

Very old theory as others have said however modern superfluid vacum theory does at least hold the prospect of fractal heirachies with space itself ( i.e the bits that make up space) being the basic framework in which energy/matter subsequently coalesces.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
And I thought I was the only nut thinking this way. I first started thinking about this many years ago when I was studying nuclear physics. We are part of a living being and that being is living on a planet in a galaxy that is part of another living being. And so on... and so on... and so on.
Thanks OP

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join