It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

astronomers: we croseed the galactic plane 3 million years ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
we, earth that is, crossed the galactic plane 3 million years ago and are currently moving away from it. Earth won't be hitting it for some 30 million years.

So, all this hoopla about 12/21/2012 is completely without basis.

link

edit on 14-12-2012 by reject because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Some say 3 million years ago, some say this year... There is really no evidence to support either one. It's possible that neither of them are right. Or one of them is mis-information to lead us away from the real truth.

There is one thing that cannot be denied. The solar system is going through some strange changes, there is an increase in comets, and global warming on all the planets. So whether there is an alignment or not, something is up on the galactic scale. I don't know if that means something is going to happen on dec 21, but there are changes that cannot be denied, and some of those changes are going to alter life on this planet. For better or for worse.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

Chapel Hill represent! Havn't been to the planetarium in a while..

haha..

Cool video, I liked it.

I agree with the above poster about the changes to our solar system though.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Some say 3 million years ago, some say this year... There is really no evidence to support either one. It's possible that neither of them are right. Or one of them is mis-information to lead us away from the real truth.

If astronomers say so then there must me evidence.

Astronomers or conspiracy theorists... hmmm, who to believe...

It's not something that can happen on a day anyway.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

There is one thing that cannot be denied. The solar system is going through some strange changes, there is an increase in comets, and global warming on all the planets. So whether there is an alignment or not, something is up on the galactic scale. I don't know if that means something is going to happen on dec 21, but there are changes that cannot be denied, and some of those changes are going to alter life on this planet. For better or for worse.

I'm sorry to say you have been grievously misinformed. The mean global temperature of Earth has been increasing lately, although it is not clear whether this is a normal secular increase or is related to industrial activity. There has been no increase in the number of comets, although our technology now allows us to discover many more than ever become visible to the naked eye. The rest of the Solar System continues unchanged. (Don't bother to post photographs of seasonal storms on Jupiter or Saturn, they happen all the time.)

As for the "galactic plane:" it has about as much physical reality as 0 degrees longitude.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Thank you for pointing out the obvious... esp since it's taken voyager how long just to cross our solar system 'plane' area bubble.. ya not likely to occur on one day.

edit on 14-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic
reply to post by SpearMint

Thank you for pointing out the obvious... esp since it's taken voyager how long just to cross our solar system 'plane' area bubble.. ya not likely to occur on one day.

edit on 14-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

Obvious to some, but evidentially not everyone.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Some say 3 million years ago, some say this year... There is really no evidence to support either one.
that is just plain silly. Astronomers, and astrologers, have been able to calculate successfully lunar/solar eclipses and where a known celestial body is/was/will be even long before the advent of computers

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
May I be so bold as to inquire where the starting and stopping point is in the orbit around the galaxy that is being measured and when and how it was determined?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

OK, lets take the Galactic Plane out of the equation.
do we now have a reason to think the earth changing cycles have/will stop, starting 3 million years ago?

Oh Yeah, 12/21 I think everybody got over it already,
edit on 14-12-2012 by racer451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Originally posted by BrokenAngelWings33

Anyway, here is a picture or 2 that I found interesting to share with you...

From the Sun...see what I see here?

The alignment you were asking for I think...

top topics

join