It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the USA be asking other nations for Donations for HUrricane Sandy Victims?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I live in Australia and on the sat TV now is a show callled 121212 'THe concert for" Hurricane Sandy Victims".
It is constantly showing nations flags and the phone numbers for donations from these nations.
Considering the Phillippines has over a thousand dead and many more missing froma recent Typhoon should the emphasise be on a rich nation such as the USA or the Phillipines?

I know equality is not a concept shared by all ..but just asking anyway.

I love the USA personally as I know their might saved the west from Stalin and the Japanese armies.
But is the USA that poor?
It is begging from other nations...?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
No I only the United States send money to other countries for relief efforts.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Or perhaps the receiver should be those in the greatest need?
Ie those who are living in absolute misery as in the Phillipines.

edit on 13-12-2012 by OrionsWitness because: added words

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The country isnt asking for help a private organization is. Though it should be clear by now that the USA has no money to spend on its own people. just other counties people.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
People from the US donate to other countries to help those people out. (Katrina, Tsunami, Japan Earthquake victims), I don't see why those other countries shouldn't have a problem helping the US victims out with (Sandy victims).
edit on 13-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
it is not the USA, it is people who just happen to be American who need help.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz
it is not the USA, it is people who just happen to be American who need help.

No, its the USA. Some of the states involved are begging for more federal money. The USA has no money of its own. I guess it could just prin some extra on top of QE 3.5

Imagine if USA has another major tragic event like this. Can USA afford that?

USA cant just keep printing money forever.

Plus it is the USA Federal Government who should have already helped all in need. USA is meant to be an advanced nation. USA is the largest economy in the world. USA should be able to deal with these problems without resorting to begging like a third world country.

USA should be helping the Phillipines and having a concert for them.

Many of the Sandy victims are outraged by the lack of help they have gotten from fema and the Federal Government of USA. Fox News shows them often.
edit on 13-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
At this point USA shouldn't have to ask for help. How many countries have we sent millions in aid to?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

No reason why not, they are just as entitled to ask for money from the UN as every other nation is.

However, the reason the "powers" never ask for assistance is in order to save face (for want of a better description) on the "international scene".

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The USA already owe China money.

One China will just come in and say "you haven't paid your bills, We will take this, this, this and that"

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here's a thought. Maybe they could siphon some of those Trillions of dollars they spend on Black projects they might, just might be able to help themselves.. And don't call me racist or whatever, I have lots of family living in the USA.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I don't see the problem in asking for donations. Its entirely up to the individual in what ever country they reside from. What I don't get is why the 121212 concert would be broadcast in all of those nations to start with.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The Philippines are in my opinion a 3rd world country, the US not and is therefore not in need of financial help although they have financial problems.

edit on 13-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

hey, we are only human.

You are not one of those people who buys into the holly wood hype that there is nothing we can't do are you?

Why don't people feel the same way when places in Europe flood over and advanced wealthy nations ask for help because, well, mother nature kicked their ass....or when 200,000 people die in a tsunami even though they have advanced technology and economies as well?

There is no standard when dealing with mother nature. We are all just people. There is only false perception and hype when it comes to the all powerful country or people, no actual all powerful country or people....

but some people think we would fight off an alien invasion and stop an asteroid from crashing into earth....

edit on 13-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Well d'uh, obviously. We have Will Smith and Bruce Willis. And Jeff Goldblum.

And if they are really nasty aliens, we just need to crank up the Slim Whitman music!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

yes, but most importantly,

we have a keanu Reeves......

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

No and the concert thing is ridicules as well.
Not only does the money get a large chunk removed, the people in NY and NJ hit hardest are the loudest champions of FEMA and the Federal Govt.
They are getting what they wanted. An all controlling all helping Federal Govt in charge.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Didn't Iran offer to help during sandy? few months back

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thanks all who replied to this topic but just as a sidenote Paul Mcartney still rocks
but looks like he hasn't even hit 45 years old.
Perhaps we should all get his advice on looking young and staying healthy.
He played less well known songs but his timing both in vocal and on instrument was brilliant.

join